Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Sean Taylor gun charges was blown out of proportion and on top of that these guys have been arrested at least twice for the same shit Sean accepted responibility and stopped using guns.
Plus, it was never PROVEN that there was a gun involved. Just accusations.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #17
Camp Scrub
 
xkaotikx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Sean Taylor gun charges was blown out of proportion and on top of that these guys have been arrested at least twice for the same shit Sean accepted responibility and stopped using guns.
The problem with the media is they can sway thought patterns so easily. When a star commits a crime, every single person hears about it. But when someone that no one knows about commits a crime, no one hears about it until they do it to a star. Who knows how many NFL players have committed crimes? I bet we only hear about 15% of the crimes committed by NFL players.

What I'm trying to say is, stars usually get back to playing and never look back when they're charged with a crime because it's a warning to them and it's basically telling them that they'll never play football again if they commit another crime. Their passion is in the game of football, and they're not willing to continue committing crimes as long as they have football. Some of the players though, decide to continue with crime, and therefore that shows how little they care about the game.
xkaotikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #18
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
What pi*sses me off the MOST about the death of Sean Taylor is that if our justice system actually worked for the people instead of the thugs, Sean Taylor would be alive today.

This is from an Associated Press report on the suspects:



If they had PRIOR gun charges, then WTF were they doing out on in the streets? If the justice system would have done the job right and put these guys away when they displayed a tendency to carry DEADLY weapons and commit violent acts, then Sean would be here today. That right! If the justice system had done the job that the taxpayers are paying for, and done it right the FIRST time, this tragedy would never have happened.

The damn courts responsible for letting these guys "off" the last time are just as responsible as if they pulled the damn trigger.

Sorry, it just INFURIATES me to no end. This sensless killing could have been prevented.
The only problem with your argument is that none of the defendants have shown a history of assault.

I've been waiting for this argument to come up. I've worked in the courts and law enforcement for 16 years. I've pretty much heard it all and can't really get worked up over it anymore. Bottom line, everything starts at home. Stop expecting the courts to raise your children for you.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #19
Special Teams
 
squrrelco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norfolk
Age: 39
Posts: 429
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

I think the thing that infuriates me the most is if Sean is the type of guy that everyone who knew him says he was, then he probably would've just given these duchebags the money if they really needed it that bad and had just asked for it instead of trying to steal it.
__________________
I got nothin'
squrrelco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #20
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
The only problem with your argument is that none of the defendants have shown a history of assault.

I've been waiting for this argument to come up. I've worked in the courts and law enforcement for 16 years. I've pretty much heard it all and can't really get worked up over it anymore. Bottom line, everything starts at home. Stop expecting the courts to raise your children for you.
Not expecting the courts to raise children. However I do expect and must insist that they hold people accountable for thier actions.

Thier job is to protect the public, plain and simple. Something went awry in this instance and Taylor paid the ultimate price.

Where did you hear that the defendants have not showm a history of assault? I have not heard that. That not withstanding, burgalry, theft and gun charges...hmmmm I can put 2 and 2 together and tell you that these are people who pose a clear and present danger to the public's safety. Hence get them off the street before they kill someone.

Too late.

So what do they tell Taylors family and little girl....

"OOPS" is about all they could muster.

How many times in our society have we witnessed this same string of circumstances? Person convicted of gun charges in January, is arrested for murder with a firearm in June. How many? Check CNN.COM and yo uwill see a story like this almost every day.

A registered sex offender/rapist is arrested and charged with kidnapping a little girl, raping and killing her.

It just happens too often in our society. And I am not talking about isolated instances/offenses. Hundreds of MULTIPLE OFFENDERS are let go with probation, or, poor management in the system.

And that is the reason I read that some of the posters here keep a gun in thier night stand. And why Taylor kept a weapon in his bedroom. Because there are a**hole predators out there put back in society by our courts, when thier criminal heistory clearly dictates that they be incarcerated.

I cannot accept "jail/prison over crowding" as an excuse, or, going to war is taking away funds to build new prisons. Capital offenses are at the state level and part of the state judicial systems and not the federal gov't. I cannot accept these excuses becasue this problem has been going on for generations and nothing has been done about it. They just say "overcrowding" and take that as an acceptable excuse. It's not.

China maybe an oppresive gov't, but when it comes to crime, especially violent crime, they are quick and decisive. Commit a violent crime in China, you are part of the weekly executions. Two bullets in the back of the head. And the expense of the bullets is charges to the condemned's family. Harsh and cold....yes. But that country has the largest population in the world, but has the LOWEST crime rate.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
They need them for their own protection because they live criminal lifestyles. SO they need a gun because the homeowner they're trying to rob might legally own a gun for legitimate self defense? How do you even type that? That argument doesn't hold water with me. You kill someone in their own home, you get executed. Not in 20 years, as soon as you're found guilty. Walk 'em outside and line em up against the wall. I know that's harsh but who deserves our sympathy? The victim or the murderer?
Uh, exactly. Homeowner might own a gun, so I better carry a gun. Listen, I'm not going to go into anyone house and rob it, but if you can't see the line of reasoning behind that, you clearly have something blurred in there. If you're a robber, and don't have a weapon for intimidation, you won't do very well for yourself. It's not something I like, but it's pretty common human nature. You carry a gun when going into dangerous situations. Yes, let's just execute everyone, that's a great idea. Looking at the numbers there are hardly any people found innocent on death row... oh wait. Namely the poor folks who can't afford DNA testing are the ones the end up in jail for life even if they didn't commit the crime. I don't understand this "Lets just toss SOMEBODY in jail!" type mentality. I'd rather have 1000 guilty people set free than one innocent person found guilty.

Sandtrapjack: Do you have a link. I want to know exactly what happened with these guys. You make it sound like they were constantly arrested. I'm not sure I buy it to be honest. These guys are complete losers, no doubt. And deserve the book that the judge will hopefully throw at them. I want these guys locked up, don't get it twisted. However, I don't think they're the hardened criminal you think they are, you keep using words like arrested, charges, etc. I'm not seeing where you say "convicted" anywhere, and that's an important word. When you go into court they can't say "You were suspected of this, thus your penalty will be harsher."
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #22
Camp Scrub
 
xkaotikx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Uh, exactly. Homeowner might own a gun, so I better carry a gun. Listen, I'm not going to go into anyone house and rob it, but if you can't see the line of reasoning behind that, you clearly have something blurred in there. If you're a robber, and don't have a weapon for intimidation, you won't do very well for yourself. It's not something I like, but it's pretty common human nature. You carry a gun when going into dangerous situations. Yes, let's just execute everyone, that's a great idea. Looking at the numbers there are hardly any people found innocent on death row... oh wait. Namely the poor folks who can't afford DNA testing are the ones the end up in jail for life even if they didn't commit the crime. I don't understand this "Lets just toss SOMEBODY in jail!" type mentality. I'd rather have 1000 guilty people set free than one innocent person found guilty.

Sandtrapjack: Do you have a link. I want to know exactly what happened with these guys. You make it sound like they were constantly arrested. I'm not sure I buy it to be honest. These guys are complete losers, no doubt. And deserve the book that the judge will hopefully throw at them. I want these guys locked up, don't get it twisted. However, I don't think they're the hardened criminal you think they are, you keep using words like arrested, charges, etc. I'm not seeing where you say "convicted" anywhere, and that's an important word. When you go into court they can't say "You were suspected of this, thus your penalty will be harsher."
With the age these kids were, I doubt their first instinct was to kill Sean Taylor. They've probably never robbed a house before and weren't expecting to see anyone there. Therefore, they panicked and just shot, without the intention of killing...as they said. I can believe this story, but I don't know about anyone else.
xkaotikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
With the age these kids were, I doubt their first instinct was to kill Sean Taylor. They've probably never robbed a house before and weren't expecting to see anyone there. Therefore, they panicked and just shot, without the intention of killing...as they said. I can believe this story, but I don't know about anyone else.
Honestly man, I'm 100% with you. I feel like they were just going to rob the place, didn't know anyone was home. Got scared, shot off two rounds and ran. I mean, if you're trying to kill someone, you don't exactly aim for the leg. I mean, they'll definitely be put in jail for a long time (maybe death, not sure of Florida law) and they deserve it. It was just a bad turn of events, and as I said earlier, if this bullet hits 1 inch another way -- we're talking about ST ready to go next year.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #24
Camp Scrub
 
xkaotikx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Honestly man, I'm 100% with you. I feel like they were just going to rob the place, didn't know anyone was home. Got scared, shot off two rounds and ran. I mean, if you're trying to kill someone, you don't exactly aim for the leg. I mean, they'll definitely be put in jail for a long time (maybe death, not sure of Florida law) and they deserve it. It was just a bad turn of events, and as I said earlier, if this bullet hits 1 inch another way -- we're talking about ST ready to go next year.
I wish I would know more about the FL law as well. But I honestly think even if the kids would have missed the second time, they wouldn't have continued shooting just to hit him. If you opened a bedroom door and didn't expect anyone to be in there...then when you busted the door open and a guy is standing there with a machete, I'm sure anyone would panic.
xkaotikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Sandtrapjack: Do you have a link. I want to know exactly what happened with these guys. You make it sound like they were constantly arrested. I'm not sure I buy it to be honest. These guys are complete losers, no doubt. And deserve the book that the judge will hopefully throw at them. I want these guys locked up, don't get it twisted. However, I don't think they're the hardened criminal you think they are, you keep using words like arrested, charges, etc. I'm not seeing where you say "convicted" anywhere, and that's an important word. When you go into court they can't say "You were suspected of this, thus your penalty will be harsher."
Nope no link. Just what is being put out there in the papers. Nothing takes away from the fact that the accused had a criminal background that included burglary, theft and gun related crimes. The ages of the accused indicate that they were juveniles when their previous indiscretions occured. Those records are sealed. So that is why you won't see the word "convicted" in the papers.

Now when they are arraigned in Miami, they will make the decision whther or not to try the juveniles as adults. If that happens, you will see those juvenile records opened and we will see what those previous crimes actually were.

Not to mention that juvenile courts are much easier and less stringent on crimes in the hope of rehabilitaion at a young age.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #26
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoody85 View Post
.....I bet you were singing a different tune when Sean Taylor picked up gun charges.
No more than you were doing when Michael Irvin got caught with a joint and a hooker.

Lets not go there dude. I have always been very respectful of this site and extremely respectful of the Redskins organization as a whole.

Taylor was the best damn FS in the NFL. I knew it before he died, and I know it now that he is gone. And as much as I rooted against the Redskins, I would watch them to see ST "lay out the lumber" on someone. He was FUN to watch.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

The thing we all have to remember at times is this, this shit happens everyday. Just not to public figures. Their are many tears shed everyday. Fallen men good and bad. See you on the other side friends.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #28
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

I guess different states have different laws using a gun while committing a crime. I think here in Va. it ups the charges and if anyone is killed then it is 1st degree murder. I'm curious to who this 5th suspect is.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #29
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 31
Posts: 2,119
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
The only problem with your argument is that none of the defendants have shown a history of assault.

I've been waiting for this argument to come up. I've worked in the courts and law enforcement for 16 years. I've pretty much heard it all and can't really get worked up over it anymore. Bottom line, everything starts at home. Stop expecting the courts to raise your children for you.
Amen to that.

When I was a cop I routinely got calls where the parents expected me to solve their child's misbehavior. I got calls because a kid was misbehaving at the mall, because a teenager threw a cup at a wall in his room, and more often then not because the kid was mouthing off and being a little douchebag.

Early on I tried being nice, professional, compassionate and so on, only to realize it was an utter waste of time and logically impossible for me to have ANY impact on these kids in my 5-10 minute run in.

My last week on the job, I got a call where a mother was complaining that her 15 year old daughter wouldn't behave, wouldn't clean up her room and was "givin' me lip." I got on scene and the mother marched over and told me to go talk to her daughter and straighten her out, all the while shouting back to her daughter that I was "gonna fix things."

I walked up to the woman, looked her right in the eye, waited for her to stop shouting, and said "M'aam, I can't undue in 5 minutes what you've spent the last 15 years screwing up." I then turned around and left.

Long anecdote, but my point is, along with Lady Brave, this stuff starts at home, not in the courts, not on the streets, but in the living rooms and bedrooms of urban and suburban America.

The fault rests on the parents.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #30
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: What angers us most about Sean Taylors death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post
"M'aam, I can't undue in 5 minutes what you've spent the last 15 years screwing up."
Best line right there! I love it!
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33448 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25