Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #61
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 38
Posts: 16,270
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Wow...but who would want to take on a dog trained for fighting. Maybe someone with a ranch who can let the dog out of the house to run around. I wouldn't want to sleep in the same house as a Vick dog though. It's not the dog's fault, but I doubt that's training that can be undone very easily.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #62
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,320
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

He owes between $10M and $50M?

That's quite the range.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #63
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 56
Posts: 10,603
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

what the hell could he have bought that would put him into that much debt?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #64
Camp Scrub
 
SKINStoWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 35
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Isn't he looking at charges in the county the property the dogs where housed on? I thought I herd that on the news yesterday.
__________________
I'm a MAN, I'm a SKINS fan.
SKINStoWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #65
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINStoWIN View Post
Isn't he looking at charges in the county the property the dogs where housed on? I thought I herd that on the news yesterday.
the state (VA) plans to press charges but is waiting until he's out of jail to save themselves the costs of transporting him to & fro his current home/fed prison, which l last heard was in Kansas.

At least that's the word from the Surry Co. prosecutor.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #66
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,916
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
the state (VA) plans to press charges but is waiting until he's out of jail to save themselves the costs of transporting him to & fro his current home/fed prison, which l last heard was in Kansas.

At least that's the word from the Surry Co. prosecutor.
I think the state should leave the guy alone. He's lost his career, spent 2 years and jail and then the state is going to try and put him back in jail?? I think that's BS. Enough is enough.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #67
Special Teams
 
jgalecpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 458
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think the state should leave the guy alone. He's lost his career, spent 2 years and jail and then the state is going to try and put him back in jail?? I think that's BS. Enough is enough.

No. It's not.
__________________
Theismann: You're wrong, the rule is wrong, the refs are wrong, and I'm right
jgalecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #68
Registered User
 
DiehardSkin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 162
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

dude mike vick will not get any ass raping thats retarded, he could probably whoop more than half the people in virginia jail lol
DiehardSkin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #69
Registered User
 
DiehardSkin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 162
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

I think he owes his money to the falcons and all his sponsorship, you cant just back out of contracts cuz of legal problems, you will owe money. So i dont think its what he's spent but from all his contracts
DiehardSkin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,256
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardSkin88 View Post
dude mike vick will not get any ass raping thats retarded, he could probably whoop more than half the people in virginia jail lol
Where did that come from?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #71
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 46
Posts: 960
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalecpa View Post
No. It's not.
I think its overkill to go after Vick, why not spend some resources going after other people who are still doing what Vick did?
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,836
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin View Post
I think its overkill to go after Vick, why not spend some resources going after other people who are still doing what Vick did?
I think they have the resources to do both.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #73
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,228
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin View Post
I think its overkill to go after Vick, why not spend some resources going after other people who are still doing what Vick did?
They'll probably deal with him to get some of the others in the area.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #74
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 46
Posts: 960
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I think they have the resources to do both.
Vick brought this on himself, so he has to take his punishment, but if this is truly about dogfighting then I want to see the Surry County prosecutor go after dogfighters and not just Mike Vick. Vick is paying his penance, but dogfighting neither began nor ended with Vick, but I highly doubt that anyone else will even be charged because of this investigation. If its truly about ending this barbaric practice and saving dogs lives then why hasn't anyone else been charged? DJnemo65, I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to understand.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #75
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,320
Re: Vick Sentenced to 23 months in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin View Post
Vick brought this on himself, so he has to take his punishment, but if this is truly about dogfighting then I want to see the Surry County prosecutor go after dogfighters and not just Mike Vick. Vick is paying his penance, but dogfighting neither began nor ended with Vick, but I highly doubt that anyone else will even be charged because of this investigation. If its truly about ending this barbaric practice and saving dogs lives then why hasn't anyone else been charged? DJnemo65, I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to understand.
There were others that were sentenced along with Vick. Vick is just the highest profile person involved, obviously.

FOXNews.com - Two Co-Defendants in Michael Vick Federal Dogfighting Case Sentenced - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.07061 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25