Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

I know that the Redskins have been adamant against having an indoor practice facility at Redskin Park and always like to practice in the elements outside, but wouldn't having an indoor practice faciliity available be more beneficial against a team like the Vikings who play in a dome? Lets say the weather for the week preparing against the dome team is really bad, rain/sleet/snow/wind - wouldn't it negatively effect the way the players prepare for the game that week? Plus practicing outside is probably not too good healthwise if the conditions are terrible. I know this is not a money issue as Synder pays for any advantage he can give the Skins - why not at least have the indoor practice facility available for games like these against the Vikings? Than when you have the outside game like the Cowboys in week 17 you just go outside for practice that week.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

I don't think that it would really matter. Practicing outdoors for an indoor environment might actually be beneficial in that you are practicing in worse conditions than in an environment controlled dome. If the guys are practicing in say 20 degree weather all week and end up playing in a 70 degree dome, they will love it. The elements also makes the guys tougher. Look at what is going to happen to Indy when they have to play in Foxboro for the AFC title game. Those dome boys are going to freeze their asses off and get spanked again. Also, what are there? Only 4 dome team in the entire league now? Why spend a ton of $$$$$$$$$$ to get ready for 4 teams you might only play once every 3-4 years. The only way an indoor facility would be beneficial is in the offseason or preseason during rainouts, etc.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,118
Re: Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

The only benefit that I can think of practicing indoors would be to pump noise that simulates decible levels in a dome. Other than that, most outdoor teams are much tougher than domers come December, whether playing indoor or out.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

I could see an air tent thingy. If it's raining hard outside or lightning outside or hailing then atleast the team can still practice. Also if they have plays they want to practice in private and not let prying eyes or media see to give other teams an edge (because we all know only Redskins fans show up for fan day right) then they could.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I don't think that it would really matter. Practicing outdoors for an indoor environment might actually be beneficial in that you are practicing in worse conditions than in an environment controlled dome. If the guys are practicing in say 20 degree weather all week and end up playing in a 70 degree dome, they will love it. The elements also makes the guys tougher. Look at what is going to happen to Indy when they have to play in Foxboro for the AFC title game. Those dome boys are going to freeze their asses off and get spanked again. Also, what are there? Only 4 dome team in the entire league now? Why spend a ton of $$$$$$$$$$ to get ready for 4 teams you might only play once every 3-4 years. The only way an indoor facility would be beneficial is in the offseason or preseason during rainouts, etc.
Snyder spends a ton of $$ on everything. It wouldn't have to be the sickest indoor facility around, but having the option to practice indoors may help at times. Many teams around the league have and indoor field, or at least a facility they can outsource for such purposes. This offense hasn't exactly been a juggernaut the past 4 seasons. It couldn't hurt.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Snyder spends a ton of $$ on everything. It wouldn't have to be the sickest indoor facility around, but having the option to practice indoors may help at times. Many teams around the league have and indoor field, or at least a facility they can outsource for such purposes. This offense hasn't exactly been a juggernaut the past 4 seasons. It couldn't hurt.
I believe there is a facility in the Leesburg area that they have used in the past.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Indoor Practice Facilities & Preparing for a dome game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
I know that the Redskins have been adamant against having an indoor practice facility at Redskin Park and always like to practice in the elements outside, but wouldn't having an indoor practice faciliity available be more beneficial against a team like the Vikings who play in a dome? Lets say the weather for the week preparing against the dome team is really bad, rain/sleet/snow/wind - wouldn't it negatively effect the way the players prepare for the game that week? Plus practicing outside is probably not too good healthwise if the conditions are terrible. I know this is not a money issue as Synder pays for any advantage he can give the Skins - why not at least have the indoor practice facility available for games like these against the Vikings? Than when you have the outside game like the Cowboys in week 17 you just go outside for practice that week.
I know Gibbs is is a frim believer in having practice outside at all times. I would bet that in the future, after he is gone, Snyder will have one built.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31492 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25