Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Anyone have an injury update on Campbell? Probably won't play in the Minnesota game but is it possible for him to be ready against Dallas? I'm still optimistic the playoffs are iminent and I don't have much confidence that Collins will be good enough to carry the team.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Doubt it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Won't play vs. Dallas.

Quote:
The Redskins reportedly have no immediate plans to place Jason Campbell (dislocated kneecap) on season ending injured reserve.
Campbell confirmed he expects to miss at least a month, but doctors won’t know for sure until swelling goes down in his knee. He’ll be re-evaluated next week. Campbell hopes to avoid I.R. in case the Redskins make the playoffs.

Source: Washington Post
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,571
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

I think Collins is the big reason the O is looking so good. He gets the ball out fast and keeps things moving which IMO has opend things up for the running game. At this point JC just isnt as fast paced as TC.

Right now TC gives the Skins a chance to make a playoff run. JC wouldnt have done that.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

^^
To an extent, yes. However, Saunders' comfort level with Collins is also allowing him to run more plays differently than he would with Campbell. And while Campbell is progressing, there is a reason Collins looks so good out there. He could run this offense in his sleep. Right now, the defense is keeping games close and the offensive execution is better. Is it because of Collins, or is it because these guys finally know what they are playing for?

As far as Campbell goes, he's pretty much done for the season, unless a deep playoff run allows him to get back to 100%...at which time, you have to stick with Collins anyways, but better to have JC backing up Collins than Old Man Brunell
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think Collins is the big reason the O is looking so good. He gets the ball out fast and keeps things moving which IMO has opend things up for the running game. At this point JC just isnt as fast paced as TC.

Right now TC gives the Skins a chance to make a playoff run. JC wouldnt have done that.
Maybe it's because Collins knows he can't run or escape pass rushers, so he throws the ball as soon as possible to avoid being creamed.

No, his knowledge of the system is very evident and he makes good decisions to make up for his lack of physical skills.

He's like a pitcher who can't throw over 85 MPH but knows how to paint the corners of the plate and keep hitters guessing.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
Manusky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Age: 39
Posts: 199
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think Collins is the big reason the O is looking so good. He gets the ball out fast and keeps things moving which IMO has opend things up for the running game. At this point JC just isnt as fast paced as TC.

Right now TC gives the Skins a chance to make a playoff run. JC wouldnt have done that.
I think Portis said it best on Redskins.com after the game. He said that Collins is willing to take a chance and make that difficult throw. Campbell doesn't want to make a mistake.

When you play not to make a mistake, or not to lose...That's exactly what happens. I think Campbell will be just fine, but right now he's a young QB that makes young QB mistakes.
Manusky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Collins has nothing to lose so naturally he is willing to take more chances. So far Collins has been good and I would rather not mess with what works.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #9
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,464
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Maybe it's because Collins knows he can't run or escape pass rushers, so he throws the ball as soon as possible to avoid being creamed.

No, his knowledge of the system is very evident and he makes good decisions to make up for his lack of physical skills.

He's like a pitcher who can't throw over 85 MPH but knows how to paint the corners of the plate and keep hitters guessing.
So one might say he's the Greg Maddux of football?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
Manusky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Age: 39
Posts: 199
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Collins has nothing to lose so naturally he is willing to take more chances. So far Collins has been good and I would rather not mess with what works.
Why does Collins have nothing to lose?

He was given his first chance to start in 10 years.
He has a proven starter in Brunell ready to go in if he doesn't play well.
At his age, not playing well now can easily mean the end of his career.
The team's playoff hopes are still alive.

I think that his willingness to take chances means that he has a pair, and the team appreciates it.
Manusky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manusky91 View Post
Why does Collins have nothing to lose?

He was given his first chance to start in 10 years.
He has a proven starter in Brunell ready to go in if he doesn't play well.
At his age, not playing well now can easily mean the end of his career.
The team's playoff hopes are still alive.

I think that his willingness to take chances means that he has a pair, and the team appreciates it.
I think what he means is that Todd has been on the bench for ten years. He is too old to become a full time starter and now is probably as close as he will get to playing in a playoff game. If he fails then he has really lost nothing and will be back on the bench next year. If he wins a few games and gets lucky to play in a playoff game and even wins a playoff game he is still back on the bench next year. The only thing I htink he could do is up his worth some to the team or even another team. Not sure of his contract with the skins.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
Manusky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Age: 39
Posts: 199
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think what he means is that Todd has been on the bench for ten years. He is too old to become a full time starter and now is probably as close as he will get to playing in a playoff game. If he fails then he has really lost nothing and will be back on the bench next year. If he wins a few games and gets lucky to play in a playoff game and even wins a playoff game he is still back on the bench next year. The only thing I htink he could do is up his worth some to the team or even another team. Not sure of his contract with the skins.
I can buy that explanation.

I must say though, from watching the interviews on Redskins.com, the players are happy with Collins and what he brings to the table.
Manusky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
So one might say he's the Greg Maddux of football?
Well, Maddux wasn't stuck on the bench in the bullpen for 10 years.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #14
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,595
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

I would say the Tim Wakefield of football.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: Jason Campbell - What's His Status?

Nope, Not Maddux, not Wakefield, but Jamie Moyer... couldn't hit 83 on the gun if you 'roided him up for a few years, yet at 45, he's mowing guys down with his control...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31221 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25