Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rock Cartwright returning?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Rock Cartwright returning?

Interesting read in the Washington Times today and here is part of the story that may make Rock's return not 100%:

"I want to be here, but my agent [Drew Rosenhaus] and I haven't heard anything from the Redskins," Cartwright said. "The last time I was a free agent [after the 2005 season], I hadn't really played much so no one was going to make me much of an offer. I've been doing a good job of returning kicks for two years and I want an opportunity to run the football. I know that's not going to happen here."

Rock seeks hefty contract*-*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

I hope the Skins do resign Rock because the guy just produces.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,396
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Rock is one of my favorite Redskins.
The last two years he's be a solid kick returner but there is no way we can give a multi-million dollar contract to a guy who only touches the ball 3-4 times a game. He gets zero carries on offense and does not return punts. Rosco Parrish returns Kickoffs, Punts and is the 3rd WR on the team.

I wish him well.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

I agree with that jamf.

Like rock alot as a kick returner/special teamer, hes played well this year. But he's a backup RB here at best or anywhere else IMO.

Looking for a BIG payday in DC, SEE YA!

We have other areas of real concern to be addressed that will be costly. Hes not one.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,967
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Well, he's not going to get a chance to run the ball here so I guess if some team wants him as their backup RB he'll probably be out of here. Truth if a guy like Maurice Jones-Drew can be successful why not Rock?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Rock tore it up against the Rams back in 2005. He's always questionable to come back, but he always does
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,666
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rock tore it up against the Rams back in 2005. He's always questionable to come back, but he always does
He's kind off like Brian Mitchell and look what Mitchell did when he was given the chance. He tore it up.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Well, he's not going to get a chance to run the ball here so I guess if some team wants him as their backup RB he'll probably be out of here. Truth if a guy like Maurice Jones-Drew can be successful why not Rock?
Because MJD is better. Rock is a solid guy but looks like he wants to get overpaid. I hope it isn't us who do it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:39 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

he still has fumble issues and isn't as good as our #1 and #2 RBs. he's not going to get paid very much, cause no one is going to consider him as even a low end starter.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Let's be real, Rock is no Jones-Drew, not even a 'poor man's Jones-Drew.'

I like Rock a lot & I hope we can keep him, but he's really fishing if he thinks he can get carries in the nfl. Rosenhaus is good at what he does & he will no doubt sell Rock's team first attitude, toughness & overall special teams ability. Some teams will pay a nice bonus to returners, but Rock isn't much at that either. the most you can say about his return ability is that he runs north - south. He lacks the explosiveness or moves to get yards when he doesn't have great blocks though.

As a RB, Rock is very avg., again he runs north-south & hard. Most teams can find better than Rock in the 4th-7th rounds if they're looking for a backup rb. Sad, but Rock is more valuable to us than anybody else. They should make a modest but fair offer.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He's kind off like Brian Mitchell and look what Mitchell did when he was given the chance. He tore it up.
Tore what up? I don't recall him ever getting more than a handful of touches.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,666
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Tore what up? I don't recall him ever getting more than a handful of touches.
You obviously don't remember his performance as a 3rd string RB against Minnesota and SF in the playoffs back in 92 were he went back to back to back 100 yard games. I believe he went over 100 the last game of the season and then consecutive playoff games. They should have used him more than the 3rd down role.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #12
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Rock is no Brian Mitchell either...as you recall...it was a close call that he even made the team this year.
I like Rock but...if he leaves, it could benefit the skins...cause then they'd draft a decent RB mid rounds....and that could be our eventual starter.
Rock will never be a starter...Betts shouldn't be one either, though it is close.
We need a young guy in the 3rd slot...someone with more potential than Rock.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #13
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Rock is no Brian Mitchell either...as you recall...it was a close call that he even made the team this year.
I like Rock but...if he leaves, it could benefit the skins...cause then they'd draft a decent RB mid rounds....and that could be our eventual starter.
Rock will never be a starter...Betts shouldn't be one either, though it is close.
We need a young guy in the 3rd slot...someone with more potential than Rock.
We still have Marcus Mason on the practice squad
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:55 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Let's be real, Rock is no Jones-Drew, not even a 'poor man's Jones-Drew.'

I like Rock a lot & I hope we can keep him, but he's really fishing if he thinks he can get carries in the nfl. Rosenhaus is good at what he does & he will no doubt sell Rock's team first attitude, toughness & overall special teams ability. Some teams will pay a nice bonus to returners, but Rock isn't much at that either. the most you can say about his return ability is that he runs north - south. He lacks the explosiveness or moves to get yards when he doesn't have great blocks though.

As a RB, Rock is very avg., again he runs north-south & hard. Most teams can find better than Rock in the 4th-7th rounds if they're looking for a backup rb. Sad, but Rock is more valuable to us than anybody else. They should make a modest but fair offer.
um, he's a good kick returner... nothing average there (top 5-10 - check nfl.com's stats). he's just not a good option at running back (as anything besides a backup).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:49 AM   #15
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,967
Re: Rock Cartwright returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Because MJD is better. Rock is a solid guy but looks like he wants to get overpaid. I hope it isn't us who do it.
I don't know, it's not like Rock gets the kinda chance MJD gets for us to say for sure. Plus the Jags have a very good o-line where as ours is almost always missing something. Maybe it's just me but Rock seems to have gotten faster, better at hanging on to the ball and has better vision than a few years ago.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30859 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25