Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: If Campbell is ready to return for the playoffs (assuming we make it), who starts?
Collins 154 87.50%
Campbell 22 12.50%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #31
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
It ain't broke, don't fix it. Collins.
.



so... sellers should just stay on the sidelines, too? And hey, why don't we cut rocky, jansen, rogers, too. we're winning without them.

wtf??? am I really the only one who does't see this as an issue. Collin's pass protection played a huge role in his success. I'm watching the game right now and there are several instances where he has over 3 seconds with an 8 man rush to throw the ball... that's freaking amazing... and the cooley touchdown he held it for around 5 seconds...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #32
No new threads for you
 
pg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,959
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

History Question guys...did Gibbs Bench Doug Williams!?!?

No...

So would he bench TC if we got in

I think the answer is hell no
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #33
Special Teams
 
NinjaLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Stick with Collins for the remainder of the season and hopefully postseason! If the Redskins defeat the Cowboys, we go on to play the Seahawks. I wanted to play the Bucs because you know what the Seahawks did to us last time we were in the playoffs.
NinjaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,923
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLink View Post
I wanted to play the Bucs because you know what the Seahawks did to us last time we were in the playoffs.
More reason for us to play Seattle. You can't be afraid plus the revenge factor.
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
.



so... sellers should just stay on the sidelines, too? And hey, why don't we cut rocky, jansen, rogers, too. we're winning without them.

wtf??? am I really the only one who does't see this as an issue. Collin's pass protection played a huge role in his success. I'm watching the game right now and there are several instances where he has over 3 seconds with an 8 man rush to throw the ball... that's freaking amazing... and the cooley touchdown he held it for around 5 seconds...
Don't over think it.

Collins is the hot hand and is playing great. Why go back to an inexperienced Campbell who undoubtedly would have some rust after sitting out a few weeks??

I just don't see the benefit in messing with a good thing.

Campbell is still our guy for the future, but Collins' time is right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

I disagree. I think you put Campbell back in the game. If he was some clownass who was going to be completely unprepared and have the "deer in the headlights" look ala Grossman, then yeah, stick with TC. But he is not that kind of player. He prepares his ass off and while he has definitely been guilty of pressing too hard at times, he's the best qb on this team. I want to see the game called the same way with him under center as TC before I make the judgement on who's more effective right now. I think a better discussion would be, "Will Al call the same game w/ JC as he has been with TC?"
If not, why not? He needs to take the training wheels off.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #37
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,424
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Collins. Campbell has a bright future ahead of him, why rush him back now and risk more damage to his knee when Collins has shown he can lead this team?
Exactly , the guys have confidence in Collins . Putting JC in a playoff game on the road after missing over a month would be crazy . JC has his entire career ahead of him , why take a chance on him hurting the knee and risk surgery ? Thank god MS was not hurt on the KO ,,, scared me ,,,, one tough guy !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I disagree. I think you put Campbell back in the game. If he was some clownass who was going to be completely unprepared and have the "deer in the headlights" look ala Grossman, then yeah, stick with TC. But he is not that kind of player. He prepares his ass off and while he has definitely been guilty of pressing too hard at times, he's the best qb on this team. I want to see the game called the same way with him under center as TC before I make the judgement on who's more effective right now. I think a better discussion would be, "Will Al call the same game w/ JC as he has been with TC?"
If not, why not? He needs to take the training wheels off.
He obviously won't since JC is still learning the offense.

It's tough to compare Collins and Campbell. Collins has been fully immersed in this offense for 7 years now. Campbell is still green in terms of being a NFL QB and is still learning this system.

Saunders is obviously going to have more trust in Collins at this point. He shouldn't have to apologize for that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Collins is leading this team the rest of the way.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,923
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Collins is leading this team the rest of the way.
And the best part is that Campbell is ok with that decision, he's not the type to sit around and pout.
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #41
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And the best part is that Campbell is ok with that decision, he's not the type to sit around and pout.

how do you know that?
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

No apology necessary but I think that JC's had enough time to have an effective gameplan called. There has been a huge disparity between the games called with TC instead of JC under center. I am sure it's warranted to some extent but I really question whether or not it could have been a lot closer. Eh, I'm ambivalent I guess. As long as the team wearing burgundy and gold wins, I really don't care either way. But I do wonder if it will shake his confidence if JC is healthy and sits
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

JC is a team guy and a class act, I can't see him putting up a stink over this or it ruining his confidence in any way.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,923
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
how do you know that?
Read this from JLC especially the question: On if he's still looking to return for the playoffs (if they make it):

Redskins Insider
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #45
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: A Playoff question: Campbell or Collins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
No apology necessary but I think that JC's had enough time to have an effective gameplan called. There has been a huge disparity between the games called with TC instead of JC under center. I am sure it's warranted to some extent but I really question whether or not it could have been a lot closer. Eh, I'm ambivalent I guess. As long as the team wearing burgundy and gold wins, I really don't care either way. But I do wonder if it will shake his confidence if JC is healthy and sits
It's not like the offense was totally inept under JC.

I think the big difference between the two QBs right now is Collins' knowledge of the offense gives him a ton of confidence and there's no hesitation when he decides to throw the ball. And Collins isn't making that critical mistake that a young QB like Campbell tends to make.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33874 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25