Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Your MVP this year?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #46
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernham View Post
"No" as an absolute should always be followed by a period, never by a comma. I guess they didn't teach you that in the cardboard box you called a school? With the comma, you completely nullify and/or disagree with everything you say afterwards.
You know, I tried my best to ignore you but you're seriously annoying, you know that? Why in the f*ck would you insert racism into the conversation to begin with? In no way, shape or form could you possibly construe a racist tone to this thread. So my question is why would you go there? We know that racism exists in America and in sports for that matter. But what in the hell did it have to do with Collins being MVP?
Furthermore, how in the hell can you possibly know what most white journalists and white media on ESPN are thinking? Are you privy to their thoughts on the matter?

If you 'aint adding nothing, don't stir the damn pot for no reason!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #47
No new threads for you
 
ernham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P View Post
LOL, ok buddy. Sorry they didn't teach me that in my cardboard box school.

So here you go. No. Actually you make zero cents.
Now you missed a comma, the one after "actually". You'll get it sooner or later. And I'll assume that "cents" instead of "sense" was your simian attempts at being funny. You fail.
ernham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #48
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,087
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You know, I tried my best to ignore you but you're seriously annoying, you know that? Why in the f*ck would you insert racism into the conversation to begin with? In no way, shape or form could you possibly construe a racist tone to this thread. So my question is why would you go there? We know that racism exists in America and in sports for that matter. But what in the hell did it have to do with Collins being MVP?
Furthermore, how in the hell can you possibly know what most white journalists and white media on ESPN are thinking? Are you privy to their thoughts on the matter?

If you 'aint adding nothing, don't stir the damn pot for no reason!
No doubt. I think he's the racist.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #49
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,087
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernham View Post
Now you missed a comma, the one after "actually". You'll get it sooner or later. And I'll assume that "cents" instead of "sense" was your simian attempts at being funny. You fail.
You know what? That was my bad. I should've known better.

So, are you going to add anything to this conversation or are you here to just stir up some bullshit?

If you think Todd Collins should be the MVP, then just say it. I really don't see the reason why you need to bring up race.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #50
No new threads for you
 
ernham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You know, I tried my best to ignore you but you're seriously annoying, you know that? Why in the f*ck would you insert racism into the conversation to begin with? !
I didn't insert it. A bunch of racist people did, whom had somehow managed to pencil in an average to below average running back ahead of top ranked QBs as the MVP. Know what MVP stands for, right? Ok. The QB is the most important player on a team. If your QB is playing great he is pretty much defacto your MVP because of the sheer importance of the QB position. Prtis ahead of Collins is so supremely retarded such an arguement could only be supplied by a racist who, even if Tom Brady was their QB, they would find a way to give the creds to some mediocre RB or corner.
ernham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #51
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,071
Re: Your MVP this year?

No clear choice here due to many injuries and players being in and out. If there was a constant on offense it would be Cooley, Portis, Kendall, Samuels and Rabach. On Defense, Fletcher, Springs and Landry. This is the kind of year where every single player including our 2nd and 3rd stringers have contributed. I would vote for the team in general and the awesome job that the coaching staff has done to prepare the players.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #52
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,087
Re: Your MVP this year?

Who are these bunch of racist people??? What the hell are you smoking??
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #53
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernham View Post
I didn't insert it. A bunch of racist people did, whom had somehow managed to pencil in an average to below average running back ahead of top ranked QBs as the MVP. Know what MVP stands for, right? Ok. The QB is the most important player on a team. If your QB is playing great he is pretty much defacto your MVP because of the sheer importance of the QB position. Prtis ahead of Collins is so supremely retarded such an arguement could only be supplied by a racist who, even if Tom Brady was their QB, they would find a way to give the creds to some mediocre RB or corner.
Man, whatever. It's really sad on my part that I'm even dignifying this insane discussion...well, it's not a discussion, is it?

We can argue all day long about Portis being average. It's not the first time someone mentioned and it won't be the last. And we can argue all day about Todd Collins being a top ranked QB. But for the sake of getting along, let's just keep it about football.

If Clinton Portis and Todd Collins aren't making this a race issue, then how about we follow suit? Deal?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #54
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,087
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernham View Post
I didn't insert it. A bunch of racist people did, whom had somehow managed to pencil in an average to below average running back ahead of top ranked QBs as the MVP.
So you're saying that Todd Collins is a top ranked QB? Really? How the hell did you come up with that one? He's played in 3 games....how the fuck is he considered a top ranked QB?
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #55
Special Teams
 
scafuri27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Agawam, Massachusetts
Posts: 132
Re: Your MVP this year?

Todd Collins in not the MVP after 3 games!!!!!

For the year it has to be Portis..hes helped pass protect with a mixed up O-line..rushed for almost 1200 yards..and has played just as inspired football during the Collins era as TC himself...

Just to put Collins accomplishments into persepective...the rest of the team has just played better over the last few weeks..

Shawn Springs over the same span has 3 interceptions 14 tackles and has been all over the field..the team is just hot right now..

JC had 3 game spans that trumped what Collins ahs done stistically...Collins has been absolutely great but no where near MVP status.
__________________
The 8th rule of fight club is..If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.
scafuri27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernham View Post
Ever watch ESPN? How is it that Vince" the most overrated player in NFL history" Young is continually protected by the "white" reporters when any football fan knows the guy is complete trash? Ditto for Michael Vick and Mcnuttsack. Are white people racist against white people? Many are, partictularly those in the media, how else do you think things like affirmative action get passed? Because you area certain race does not mean you are not racist. Sorry. That makes zero sense.
You are right, the "Man" is oppressing whites. White people just can't catch a break, huh? The media is controlled by racist, self-loathing white people who are out to praise Michael Vick and vilify guys like Todd Collins.

The people who resort to the race card so quickly are usually those individuals who live pathetic, failed lives and who are in search of a scapegoat (e.g., the racist "Man") to blame for their own inadequacies. Paranoia usually goes hand-in-hand with losers.

Oh, and FYI, you're about to get booted from this site. We don't care for morons who enjoy stirring up trouble because they have nothing meaningful to add.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #57
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 36
Posts: 1,319
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernham View Post
I didn't insert it. A bunch of racist people did, whom had somehow managed to pencil in an average to below average running back ahead of top ranked QBs as the MVP.
I'm voting Portis the team MVP because he has a 158.3 passer rating on the season, which dwarfs Collins' 107 rating... Portis is clearly the better passer.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #58
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sterling, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 4,444
Re: Your MVP this year?

im going to go out on a limb here. MVP is Samuels, with fletcher a close 2nd. portis hasnt been consistent enough to be the MVP, collins hasnt played enough...throughout the WHOLE season i think samuels and fletcher have been the most consistent, thus samuels 1 fletcher 2, both have made big differences for our team
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #59
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Your MVP this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
im going to go out on a limb here. MVP is Samuels, with fletcher a close 2nd. portis hasnt been consistent enough to be the MVP, collins hasnt played enough...throughout the WHOLE season i think samuels and fletcher have been the most consistent, thus samuels 1 fletcher 2, both have made big differences for our team
Agreed re: Portis and Collins. Samuels has played pretty well; remember how he hustled downfield against Chicago to throw multiple blocks for Portis as CP ripped off a 50 yard catch and run? However, I'm not sure that I would give him the MVP award. JC was blindsided too often.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #60
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,078
Re: Your MVP this year?

Well, if someone already said this I must have missed it. If this sounds corny or stupid, tough...My MVP for this team is without a doubt Sean Taylor. He was hands down the best player on the team before he was taken from us, and he is hands down the spirit that is driving this train now. I believe that each and every Redskin, coaches included, are playing and coaching their guts out with the effort and intensity Sean brought on a daily basis. I don't know how long they can keep it up, but it is fun to watch. Sean Taylor is the MVP.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32257 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25