Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How do we play Seattle on D?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
How do we play Seattle on D?

Just curious as to what everybody is thinking about how the Skins should play the Seahawks on defense.

Do we play them conservatively rushing primarily four guys and play coverage? This has worked earlier against teams that are more pass oriented like the Seahawks have been lately.

Do we play aggressive and blitz early and often from disguised formations? We haven't done much of this so far this year, but GW can bring it like the best of them.

Do we key on stopping on the run? Alexander has played better as of late.

What does everyone think GW will dial up this weekend?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

GW will dial up whatever has worked best against da-haux all year. His D is usually a hybrid of whatever worked best. After all, da-haux have not won every game they have played this year, play in an unusually weak conference, and are not the highest seed for good reason.
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
GW will dial up whatever has worked best against da-haux all year. His D is usually a hybrid of whatever worked best. After all, da-haux have not won every game they have played this year, play in an unusually weak conference, and are not the highest seed for good reason.

And what has worked best against "da-haux" this year.

I haven't watched more than a clip here and a clip there. I've just heard that their running game was pretty poor most of the season so Holmgren put it on Hasselbeck to get it going through the air (and he did), then their running game supposedly came around as of late.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
Camp Scrub
 
2621_I Remember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Just curious as to what everybody is thinking about how the Skins should play the Seahawks on defense.

Do we play them conservatively rushing primarily four guys and play coverage? This has worked earlier against teams that are more pass oriented like the Seahawks have been lately.

Do we play aggressive and blitz early and often from disguised formations? We haven't done much of this so far this year, but GW can bring it like the best of them.

Do we key on stopping on the run? Alexander has played better as of late.

What does everyone think GW will dial up this weekend?
Its a must to stop Alexander... If he is contained I believe the skins will have a good chance to advance!
2621_I Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
Special Teams
 
airsoftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 111
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

I'm more concerned about their passing game. We stopped AP and Marion Barber so I think we have good chance of stopping their rushing offense, but we gotta put MH under pressure.
__________________
I'm zorny
airsoftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2621_I Remember View Post
Its a must to stop Alexander... If he is contained I believe the skins will have a good chance to advance!
I don't know what to think about Alexander. I believe he's had some nagging injuries for much of the year, and he's just recently become healthy. So, he could be dangerous if he's healthy. However, ever since Hutchison went to the Vikings, Seattle's running game just has not been the same.
__________________
In the Land of the Blind the man with one eye is king, but today in the Land of the Skunks, THE MAN WITH HALF A NOSE IS KING!!!!!
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

it probably will be similar to what they used against Detroit. Seattle doesn't run the ball that much, and when they do, they aren't very effective
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,896
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Seattle will use a lot of screen passes to compensate for their not so strong running game. They better defend this or will end up like the NE game.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
hawk fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

from hawk fan there are teams i hate in the nfl the skins are not one of them if you win here in seattle i will cheer for you but your in for a game the hawks have not proved much thus far i think there out to prove something i am a season ticket holder and have followed them all year weve hidden our selves in the shadows so your trip down the yellow brick road will end saturday we are a home team your a good road team but quest is a hard place to play we could beat anyone at home to answer your question sack our quarterback you will have a shot
hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,403
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

stop hasselbeck is the key. keep him on his back at all cost. It was he who killed us in 05 so we have to stop him first.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk fan View Post
from hawk fan there are teams i hate in the nfl the skins are not one of them if you win here in seattle i will cheer for you but your in for a game the hawks have not proved much thus far i think there out to prove something i am a season ticket holder and have followed them all year weve hidden our selves in the shadows so your trip down the yellow brick road will end saturday we are a home team your a good road team but quest is a hard place to play we could beat anyone at home to answer your question sack our quarterback you will have a shot
Do they use punctuation marks in Seattle?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
hawk fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

from hawk fan there are teams i hate in the nfl the skins are not one of them if you win here in seattle i will cheer for you but your in for a game the hawks have not proved much thus far i think there out to prove something i am a season ticket holder and have followed them all year weve hidden our selves in the shadows so your trip down the yellow brick road will end saturday we are a home team your a good road team but quest is a hard place to play we could beat anyone at home to answer your question sack our quarterback you will have a shot
hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Seriously, can we buy a period up in here?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Special Teams
 
Hogroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cecil-tucky, MD
Age: 50
Posts: 274
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Seriously, can we buy a period up in here?
Perhaps a "shift" key might help too.
__________________
Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theismann
Hogroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: How do we play Seattle on D?

the D needs to take their game to them. DICTATE. Hauks can win at home but as long as the D keeps the pressure on baldy, I believe the Skins can win and go into Dallas next week.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28402 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25