Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Time To Take A Que From The Best

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Registered User
 
MTRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 359
Time To Take A Que From The Best

Looking at how poorly key players performed not only today but throughout the season, it is now beyond obvious we need to take a que from the best team/best coach in the league: the NE Patriots/Bill Belichick.

The Pats cleaned house on all their receivers from last year and went out to get high quality guys (unfortunately, we got some of the leavings in Caldwell who dropped a pass today). But the drops, all year long, and the extraordinary mental errors from Moss have been appalling. This is not to mention the complete bust of B. Lloyd. It is time to retire the WR corps and bring in new guys.

This is aside from bringing in new talent on the o-line, which probably remains the top priority, but I think after today the extreme weakness in the WR group cannot be ignored.

However... looking at the bigger picture this season was an enormous improvement over '06. We have a very long way to go but the defense looks pretty solid going forward, which gives coaches/front office the opportunity to go out and build an offense.
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
Smooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 31
Posts: 965
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Yeah I still think we need a tall receiver but I cant see us getting rid of Moss or Randle El nor would I want to.
__________________
Same freakout different year.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

I totally agree, the WRs were terrible today with so many drops and through the hand I lost track. Moss quitting on that INT is just unacceptable.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Registered User
 
chrisl4064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lake Travis, Texas
Age: 33
Posts: 786
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRedskinsFan View Post
Looking at how poorly key players performed not only today but throughout the season, it is now beyond obvious we need to take a que from the best team/best coach in the league: the NE Patriots/Bill Belichick.

The Pats cleaned house on all their receivers from last year and went out to get high quality guys (unfortunately, we got some of the leavings in Caldwell who dropped a pass today). But the drops, all year long, and the extraordinary mental errors from Moss have been appalling. This is not to mention the complete bust of B. Lloyd. It is time to retire the WR corps and bring in new guys.

This is aside from bringing in new talent on the o-line, which probably remains the top priority, but I think after today the extreme weakness in the WR group cannot be ignored.

However... looking at the bigger picture this season was an enormous improvement over '06. We have a very long way to go but the defense looks pretty solid going forward, which gives coaches/front office the opportunity to go out a build an offense.

well good thing for you your team doesnt play until next week huh?
chrisl4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

We lost this game because we couldn't protect the QB. Plain and simple. Everything else is minutae. Go ahead and focus on stuff that didn't matter much. You and the rest of the know nothings surely will. The rest of us who can objectively judge what went wrong today know the truth. Our WRs weren't even close to a reason we lost the game.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Hey MT give it a rest.
Thank you
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,065
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

The WRs were bad today but we need to keep Moss, ARE and Mix at least. Maybe Thrash cause he was pretty dependable as well. I like McCardell but he's so damn old he'll probably retire anyway. I could careless about what happens to the rest of them. Big name acquisitions doesn't mean that they'll be good. (Brandon Lloyd?)
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
Registered User
 
MTRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 359
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooter View Post
Yeah I still think we need a tall receiver but I cant see us getting rid of Moss or Randle El nor would I want to.
I can see keeping El around, he has proven more reliable than Moss, but I'm not sure if he is a 1st or 2nd receiver. As far as Moss, it's just too hard to predict when he's going to come through, not just game to game but play to play. I loved the guy for what he's done against Dallas but man, too much of the time he looks out of it. We need somebody super reliable out there, and I agree w/ Smooter it should be someone tall and strong... what's the future look like for Mix? That guy is a frame.
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

See, I have mixed thoughts. I think that Santana is the most overrated player on the team and I was appalled by his effort on the pick...you can't quit on a route the way he did. However, you have to keep the guy around, he's got great heart and can be a good football player. I think they need to get a legit #1 receiver and move him to 2 and put ARE in the slot. That's about the only way I can see the passing attack getting better next season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
Registered User
 
MTRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 359
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
We lost this game because we couldn't protect the QB. Plain and simple. Everything else is minutae. Go ahead and focus on stuff that didn't matter much. You and the rest of the know nothings surely will. The rest of us who can objectively judge what went wrong today know the truth. Our WRs weren't even close to a reason we lost the game.
I don't think u read the thread to begin with. I said o-line probably needs to be primary focus (that's so obvious my wife started pointing it out 2 or 3 minutes into the game) but clearly the WR corps needs work. Just not enough reliability and production out there. Fact is, dropped passes are detrimental, maybe not as much as a sack on the QB, but still detrimental. We had too many this season and way to many for a playoff game.
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

moss had a pretty big td catch today, but him quitting on the int was unacceptable
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
Registered User
 
MTRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 359
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
See, I have mixed thoughts. I think that Santana is the most overrated player on the team and I was appalled by his effort on the pick...you can't quit on a route the way he did. However, you have to keep the guy around, he's got great heart and can be a good football player. I think they need to get a legit #1 receiver and move him to 2 and put ARE in the slot. That's about the only way I can see the passing attack getting better next season.
I like that idea, but do u think Moss becomes more or less reliable as the 2nd option? I kind of feel he has to see a lot of passes to get in a rhythm. It's like he's got to drop a few here and there to get going.
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRedskinsFan View Post
I like that idea, but do u think Moss becomes more or less reliable as the 2nd option? I kind of feel he has to see a lot of passes to get in a rhythm. It's like he's got to drop a few here and there to get going.
If he needs to get drops out of his system in order to "get in rhythm," he doesn't belong on the field. I think he just never really hit his stride this year. I mean, everyone is going to drop balls, and Santana can make a lot of spectacular catches, but I've lost a lot of faith in him this year. Was he inconsistent this year because he had to play with a new QB and then switch QBs in the last few games? Maybe so, but I don't think that's an excuse. I don't know if it's a lapse in focus or anything like that, he just has to do a better job of hauling the ball in. Period.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,434
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
We lost this game because we couldn't protect the QB. Plain and simple. Everything else is minutae. Go ahead and focus on stuff that didn't matter much. You and the rest of the know nothings surely will. The rest of us who can objectively judge what went wrong today know the truth. Our WRs weren't even close to a reason we lost the game.
Exactly!! Our injuries on the right side of the OL where big today. Heyer is young and very promising rookie, Kerney is a veteran physical pro bowler. What we do need are a DE, CB, OG and WR. We should be able to address this thru the draft and FA and comeback next year and kick everyone's ass!!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #15
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: Time To Take A Que From The Best

when we made the playoffs last time we made huge changes and it hurt us the next year, lets not do the same thing here. make a few changes but keep most of the team in tact, keep the same system, etc.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.52477 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25