Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
If You look at the tread title you will see .... He was a good backup... And he did play well previously .... But I saw threads that said Was Campbell Really Ready.... I also saw This proves what a QB can do in an NFL system... As I said GOOD BACKUP...and He did well...But he is a Backup...
I'm sensing that you just don't know what "Vilify" means
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
Special Teams
 
NinjaLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Todd Collins helped the Redskins win 4 games in get us into the playoffs. If you look at it as a regular season, we are 4-1 with Todd Collins. It really isn't all that bad. I do want to have Jason Campbell back next season as starter because he is the future of the Skins. With his speed and agility, I think he will turn out to be a good QB.
NinjaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #33
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Collins knows the offense well and caught lightning in a bottle as far as the team's motivation with Taylor's passing. I think he did a fantastic job, and he has good chemistry with the team. I think Jason will be the unquestioned starter going into next season, but it's good to know we have a 1A-1B QB situation.

I don't think we have to worry about Todd signing with another team. He only played 4 good games and he'll be 37 next season. I also don't think he'll start another game for us unless Campbell gets hurt again.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #34
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,776
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Campbell was never vilified, this thread is getting dumber by the minute.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Collins knows the offense well and caught lightning in a bottle as far as the team's motivation with Taylor's passing. I think he did a fantastic job, and he has good chemistry with the team. I think Jason will be the unquestioned starter going into next season, but it's good to know we have a 1A-1B QB situation.

I don't think we have to worry about Todd signing with another team. He only played 4 good games and he'll be 37 next season. I also don't think he'll start another game for us unless Campbell gets hurt again.
I am just not convinced JC is the answer at QB in this system. He takes way too long to make decisions and his delivery is not quick. He might work out but right now I'm not sure. Collins is 37 but he has no miles on him. I can easily see Collins having 3 or 4 more good years because he has not been banged up.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
Todd proved there was a reason why he is a career backup.... He has terribly weak arm .... and is the slowest "Turtle Like QB " I have ever seen.... I even saw him throw a few temper tantrums Sunday.... He threw bad passes.... And his lack of mobility made him an easy Target.....Funny how 3 good Games was enough to have many people on this board turn on Campbell... But The Seahawks played Collin's like you should play a slow weak armed QB.... NO WAY HE WILL BE BACK... That was obvious Sunday.... Oh and he waited till the most important game of the year To have turnovers....
Lay off the booze and the knee jerk reactions. Nobody has turned on Campbell except for your imagination.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #37
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,005
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

In fact I think the word vilified needs to be completely thrown out of whatever his (railcon's) argument is because it's being terribly misused.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Campbell was never vilified, this thread is getting dumber by the minute.
But you didnt think this one was dumb?
http://www.redskinswarpath.com/locke...campbell+ready
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #39
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
But you didnt think this one was dumb?
http://www.redskinswarpath.com/locke...campbell+ready
That thread is neither dumb nor does it vilify Jason Campbell in anyway. The OP basically said Campbell is going to be a great QB for this team (something 90% of the fans agree with,) but Collins knew the system better than Campbell (which is fact considering he was in KC with Saunders.)

That in no way implies that people turned their backs on Campbell or implied Collins is bound for Canton. It just simply implied Collins was the right choice for right now. Right now is over. Next season will have Campbell back in the driver's seat.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #40
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I am just not convinced JC is the answer at QB in this system. He takes way too long to make decisions and his delivery is not quick. He might work out but right now I'm not sure. Collins is 37 but he has no miles on him. I can easily see Collins having 3 or 4 more good years because he has not been banged up.
Posts like this were the norm... Now because I am saying the same about Collins... I am just drunk... or knee jerked?? No way.... before the game I knew his mobility would be a liability ...and it was ...and always will be.... plus the int to Moss ...he had no business attempting to throw a pass that long with his arm strength...
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
Posts like this were the norm... Now because I am saying the same about Collins... I am just drunk... or knee jerked?? No way.... before the game I knew his mobility would be a liability ...and it was ...and always will be.... plus the int to Moss ...he had no business attempting to throw a pass that long with his arm strength...
Posts like that were the norm? Prove it

Furthermore, irish is presenting his opinion backed up by his own observations. Whether you agree with them or not (I don't) he is not vilifying JC
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #42
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,005
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
Posts like this were the norm... Now because I am saying the same about Collins... I am just drunk... or knee jerked?? No way.... before the game I knew his mobility would be a liability ...and it was ...and always will be.... plus the int to Moss ...he had no business attempting to throw a pass that long with his arm strength...
That wasn't TC's fault at all! Moss admitted he didn't even know where the ball was, which is why he stopped on the route. You could see when he stopped he turned around and looked up trying to find where the ball was. Granted Moss was covered by Trufant, but if Moss hadn't lost track of the ball, he would have had a 50/50 chance of catching it.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
Posts like this were the norm... Now because I am saying the same about Collins... I am just drunk... or knee jerked?? No way.... before the game I knew his mobility would be a liability ...and it was ...and always will be.... plus the int to Moss ...he had no business attempting to throw a pass that long with his arm strength...
Oh please, that's pure BS. With that logic, he should've never thrown those passes to Moss (that were completed) in those last four games we won. This is a perfect example of someone who doesn't understand football. First of all, Collins shouldn't have thrown that pass, because the defender didn't bite on Moss's double move...NOT because Collins didn't have the arm to get it to Moss. Instead, Collins threw the pass (to the spot where Moss would've been open at if the defender had bit on the move,) and Moss did nothing to prevent the defender from catching the ball.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #44
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Posts like that were the norm? Prove it

Furthermore, irish is presenting his opinion backed up by his own observations. Whether you agree with them or not (I don't) he is not vilifying JC
As I am stating my opinion...But because I disagree I am drunk, dumb, knee jerk....
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
As I am stating my opinion...But because I disagree I am drunk, dumb, knee jerk....
You didn't just state your opinion. You decided to drag everyone down along the way making assumptions about everyone's opinion of Campbell.

Plus you have no concept of how to use apostrophes
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31113 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25