Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #61
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,564
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

I feel like if you're going to put your opinion out there be prepared to have people out there NOT agree with some things you say. I mean if you're gonna whine about how people are attacking you and are not defending you then keep your opinion to yourself. People are not going to agree with everything you say. If I said, "Whohoho the world is flat" and then gave reasons why I thought it was, 99% of people wouldn't agree with me. But I put it out there and it doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong, but I'd be a fool to think everyone would just blatantly agree.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #62
Special Teams
 
Ocliw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Age: 47
Posts: 253
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Plus you have no concept of how to use apostrophes.

Seems a bit much to me.
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #63
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
Ahh personal attacks now... What a great Mod...well I have contributed financially to this site ..before... I am not a writer..but I AM brave enough to state my opinion... LOl but you will just end up banning me ..or personally insulting me... btw...congrats on your perfect english skills..
What exactly does that mean? Contributing to the site renders your posts immune from being questioned? That your opinions deserve more respect? Not sure why you felt the need to mention that.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #64
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,564
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocliw View Post
Plus you have no concept of how to use apostrophes.

Seems a bit much to me.
Maybe it was a bit insensitive. But come on, we're all adults here right? No point in getting worked up over something as trivial as apostrophes. Personally I don't care about whether or not someone can spell as long as their arguments aren't completely inane. But if it helps you sleep at night, SS shouldn't have made an attack on railcon's spelling. Lets all stick to the question at hand about TC.. or JC.. Wtf was the question again? :confused:
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #65
Special Teams
 
Ocliw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Age: 47
Posts: 253
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

It just hit me wrong. Time to move on. Like you said Wtf was the question?
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #66
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,621
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Honestly Railcon, if you had worded your OP a little bit differently you would probably have more of us agreeing with you. As it was worded, it sounded like a knee jerk reaction. The reason I say that is because it comes right after we lose a game in the playoffs. Like many of the "Gibbs must go" threads that were always started after almost every loss, it seemed like the same type of thread. Call it bad timing or just a poor way of conveying your feelings about Collins, it certainly isn't a thread that would be very popular amongst your Redskins brethren. Even still, when you say things like "many have turned on Campbell" then you just sound like sour grapes. The truth is, if you're going to accuse members here of turning on Campbell, then you'd better be ready to back that up. That isn't a statement of opinion. I can't say "Railcon killed my puppy, but that's just my opinion." That's an accusation and one I must back up with proof.

The truth is, the ones singing Campbell's praise (that includes me because I'm Campbell's bandwagon driver,) are still singing his praise. The only difference is we're smart enough to realize since Campbell was/is injured and Collins had the hot hand, it was a no brainer in keeping Collins in. This is IMHO, but I believe a good back up is a guy who can come in when the starter is injured or ineffective and win games for you. This is what Collins did for us. There is only a very few here who feel Collins should and will be starting next season. The large majority of us feel no matter the conclusion of this season, the starting QB job belongs to Jason Campbell.

Most of us will say Collins is quality back up. I probably disagree with the reason why he is a back up (weak arm, too slow in the pocket, etc...) atlas, he is a quality backup and I hope he's back on the team next season.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #67
Camp Scrub
 
Finslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 48
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Honestly Railcon, if you had worded your OP a little bit differently you would probably have more of us agreeing with you. As it was worded, it sounded like a knee jerk reaction. The reason I say that is because it comes right after we lose a game in the playoffs. Like many of the "Gibbs must go" threads that were always started after almost every loss, it seemed like the same type of thread. Call it bad timing or just a poor way of conveying your feelings about Collins, it certainly isn't a thread that would be very popular amongst your Redskins brethren. Even still, when you say things like "many have turned on Campbell" then you just sound like sour grapes. The truth is, if you're going to accuse members here of turning on Campbell, then you'd better be ready to back that up. That isn't a statement of opinion. I can't say "Railcon killed my puppy, but that's just my opinion." That's an accusation and one I must back up with proof.

The truth is, the ones singing Campbell's praise (that includes me because I'm Campbell's bandwagon driver,) are still singing his praise. The only difference is we're smart enough to realize since Campbell was/is injured and Collins had the hot hand, it was a no brainer in keeping Collins in. This is IMHO, but I believe a good back up is a guy who can come in when the starter is injured or ineffective and win games for you. This is what Collins did for us. There is only a very few here who feel Collins should and will be starting next season. The large majority of us feel no matter the conclusion of this season, the starting QB job belongs to Jason Campbell.

Most of us will say Collins is quality back up. I probably disagree with the reason why he is a back up (weak arm, too slow in the pocket, etc...) atlas, he is a quality backup and I hope he's back on the team next season.
Well said.
__________________
I am a Dolphins fan living in New England. You may call me brave or foolhardy, but I wear my shame with dignity!!!
Finslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #68
Camp Scrub
 
DieHardSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 35
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Are you kidding me? This lose in no way was Todd Collins Fault. I think you make training camp a open competition for quarterback, and see who stands up to take the spot.
DieHardSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #69
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,564
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardSkin View Post
Are you kidding me? This lose in no way was Todd Collins Fault. I think you make training camp a open competition for quarterback, and see who stands up to take the spot.
Then we'll end up with Brunell as QB again.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #70
Special Teams
 
Ocliw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Age: 47
Posts: 253
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Then we'll end up with Brunell as QB again.
Bite your tongue!
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #71
Camp Scrub
 
Finslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 48
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Then we'll end up with Brunell as QB again.
Oh dear.
__________________
I am a Dolphins fan living in New England. You may call me brave or foolhardy, but I wear my shame with dignity!!!
Finslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #72
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,564
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finslady View Post
Oh dear.
lol I never said I wanted it! I'm all about JC.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocliw View Post
Plus you have no concept of how to use apostrophes.

Seems a bit much to me.
It was meant to be a joke, but I guess I should have put an accompanying emoticon to express it. However, http://www.redskinswarpath.com/announcement.php?f=2 (we do stress proper punctuation, or as close to it as possible)...so to point that out is hardly a personal attack. We all make grammatical errors, except Lady Brave, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be grammatically correct.

I still haven't seen railcon explain

1. How irish's post is "the norm on this site"
2. How irish's post, if he indeed thinks is the norm, in any way "vilifies" Campbell
3. When Collins threw a temper tantrum. Why? Because he yelled at Sellers for fucking up a golden opportunity by not knowing where to line up and forcing a time-out.
4. Why there is NO WAY HE WILL BE BACK
5. What he meant by Collins "waited" to have turnovers. What does that even mean?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #74
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
But you didnt think this one was dumb?
http://www.redskinswarpath.com/locke...campbell+ready
No actually I thought it was a legit question to ask and it was brought up and discussed in an intelligent manner.

You're really oversensitive if you think that thread was "vilifying" JC.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #75
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56 View Post
Posts like this were the norm... Now because I am saying the same about Collins... I am just drunk... or knee jerked?? No way.... before the game I knew his mobility would be a liability ...and it was ...and always will be.... plus the int to Moss ...he had no business attempting to throw a pass that long with his arm strength...
Unless all you read is posts from irish that view was far from the norm around here.

I'd say the norm was most understood that Collins was the QB for right now and he was doing a great job, but JC is still the future and he would return to the starting role in 2008.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40649 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25