Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

I caught some of his show after the game and he was going off on how the Seahawks where piping in horns and crowd noise. My father was listening to him durn the game and said that Sonny was saying this throughout the entire game. My father also mentioned that Sonny was taking his mike and sticking it out so you could hear the horns playing while we were running plays. Has anyone heard this or could add to what was going on? I'm not making any excuses but was wondering if it was only Sonny talking about this and I would think that those horns would be treated like a band and must stop before the team huddles.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,415
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Blah who cares.

Seems like anytime a stadium has a loud crowd, someone tries to accuse the home team of this.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
Camp Scrub
 
dgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clifton, VA
Posts: 20
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

It happens at Fed Ex, so I don't think the Skins should complain.
dgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Blah who cares.

Seems like anytime a stadium has a loud crowd, someone tries to accuse the home team of this.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
If your saying that he had sour grapes my father said he was talking about this at the begining of the game so that would not make sense.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Special Teams
 
Ocliw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Age: 46
Posts: 253
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

The way the o-line played they could have had helicopters hovering over the field and it wouldn't have mattered.
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,415
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If your saying that he had sour grapes my father said he was talking about this at the begining of the game so that would not make sense.
sorry, I was just stating in general that the "piped in noise" complaint sounds like sour grapes.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocliw View Post
The way the o-line played they could have had helicopters hovering over the field and it wouldn't have mattered.
Well part of their problem was because of not being able to comunicate with each other. I heard one Redskin (cannot remember who) say they had a hard time hearing in the huddle getting plays called.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,938
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
It happens at Fed Ex, so I don't think the Skins should complain.
Uh-oh, looks like we might get into a huge arguement here again, but you're right. Although to be fair, I didn't notice this happening at FedEx at any game after Arizona this year.

As for Seattle, Mike Sellers basically said as much last week prior to the game. That being said, I think that the stadium was designed very well so that the sound is completely directed towards the field (something they really botched when they designed FedEx).
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Seattle has the Bionic 12th Man - electrically enhanced.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
dgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clifton, VA
Posts: 20
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Uh-oh, looks like we might get into a huge arguement here again, but you're right. Although to be fair, I didn't notice this happening at FedEx at any game after Arizona this year.
I sit directly under a speaker at Fed Ex. I've heard it for years. I think I only noticed it stop after Taylor's death (Buffalo, Chicago, and Dallas). I wasn't at the Eagles game, though, so you may be right that Arizona was the last time.
dgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,415
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well part of their problem was because of not being able to comunicate with each other. I heard one Redskin (cannot remember who) say they had a hard time hearing in the huddle getting plays called.
Yeah it definitely hurt the O-line's performance. With the noise they probably weren't able to make all of their pre-snap line calls, and the d-line had the jump on them every time.

Yes the Seahawks have a good pass rush, but I think on a neutral field the results wouldn't have been the same.

Their 12th man is no joke.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,938
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
I sit directly under a speaker at Fed Ex. I've heard it for years. I think I only noticed it stop after Taylor's death (Buffalo, Chicago, and Dallas). I wasn't at the Eagles game, though, so you may be right that Arizona was the last time.
Yeah, we got into a big arguement here on the site about this earlier this season so I don't want to rehash it, but I also sit under the speakers at most games (my friend has season tickets in 429 and I go to about 8 games a year including preseason).
I think that if you're not right under the speakers you don't hear anything. I say this because I was in the upper level endzone for the lions game and since there aren't any speakers in that area you can't hear a damn thing, including the PA announcer/music.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #13
Camp Scrub
 
dgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clifton, VA
Posts: 20
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Yeah, we got into a big arguement here on the site about this earlier this season so I don't want to rehash it, but I also sit under the speakers at most games (my friend has season tickets in 429 and I go to about 8 games a year including preseason).
I think that if you're not right under the speakers you don't hear anything. I say this because I was in the upper level endzone for the lions game and since there aren't any speakers in that area you can't hear a damn thing, including the PA announcer/music.
Sorry, I'm new here and don't have any desire to bring up an old argument. Just don't think we should be complaining about others doing what we do.

You're right about the endzone, though. I sat over there once and couldn't hear anything. Then back in my main seats, I can't hear the person next to me because I have a speaker blasting in my ear.
dgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,694
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Well the Seahawks D had to play when the Skins were on the field they seem to be able to communicate ok.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #15
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,938
Re: Sunny Jerguson Seahawks Piping In Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Well the Seahawks D had to play when the Skins were on the field they seem to be able to communicate ok.
Well that's one of the dumber quotes I've read in a long time.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31780 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25