Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What the hell happened?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #46
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,005
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, the problem is lately the "press" has turned into everyone with Internet access (if even that). Suddenly, everybody on this and other message boards is a member of the press trying to connect dots, tracking flights, etc. and the word starts to spread and rumors start to flow. And it just gets really ugly and really unnecessary. To be sure, the actual press is not absolved of blame but it's largely fueled by the insatiable quest for information that dominates our society today.

But it's also just that we don't care as much about other teams as we do about ours. So we don't pay attention or even care when the Falcons (for example) are secretive and leaning one way then going another.

As for the team's role in all this. Honestly, if I'm Snyder and Cerrato I wouldn't give a you know what what the fans think. The goal is to put together a winning team and have the fans' support based on the team's performance on the field. Who cares if the fans hate the Redskins in the off-season.
Good points.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #47
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Good points.
Great points!

In recent years, our team has been the object of tremendous amounts of fan-love, and great expectations, but most of all, publicity.

The Fassel-is-he-it-or-is-he-aint has still garnered the team publicity.

Now, with Mooch as the latest is-he-it-and-is-he-all-of-that has garnered even more publicity.

LDS must be trippin on this new wave of pub, even during a supposed NFL ban on Redskins related or any other teams related news other than the SB teams during the SB week.

I'm beginning to think LDS secretly lives for fame and addoration. Call it: short-guy-syndrome.
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #48
Special Teams
 
squrrelco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norfolk
Age: 39
Posts: 429
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, the problem is lately the "press" has turned into everyone with Internet access (if even that). Suddenly, everybody on this and other message boards is a member of the press trying to connect dots, tracking flights, etc. and the word starts to spread and rumors start to flow. And it just gets really ugly and really unnecessary. To be sure, the actual press is not absolved of blame but it's largely fueled by the insatiable quest for information that dominates our society today.
SS, I hope you did not take my comments as an indictment on the actual press or media, it was not meant that way. I think you guys have actually done a very good job getting some nearly impossible to find information, and for the most part the you guys as a whole have been right on in terms of facts throughout this whole situation based upon what little information is available.
__________________
I got nothin'
squrrelco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 AM   #49
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,893
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
SS, I hope you did not take my comments as an indictment on the actual press or media, it was not meant that way. I think you guys have actually done a very good job getting some nearly impossible to find information, and for the most part the you guys as a whole have been right on in terms of facts throughout this whole situation based upon what little information is available.
No, I didn't take it as any indictment. No worries
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #50
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: What the hell happened?

I really don't understand blaming the media for the "overreaction" by the fans. Some fans have overreacted, but some of this is brought on by ownership.

Ownership came out and told us that Joe Gibbs built this team and that they felt that continuity was going to be a key for the Skins. Not true. Not only do they let go our two main coordinators, they proceed to install a different kind of offense. Not only that they proceed to do this w/ out a coach.

Secondly, they pull a hc condidate from the ashes from a NFC east foe. As word leaks that he's going to be named HC (I'm assuming the media had good sources since it was multiple outlets reporting this), fans/media revolts. They rethink their decision.

So, i do think that some fans tend to overreact. However, 75% of the blame needs to be heaped on DS/VC for this process. It's not over so maybe it will turn out ok, but the process itself has not really impressed me.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #51
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Great points!

In recent years, our team has been the object of tremendous amounts of fan-love, and great expectations, but most of all, publicity.

The Fassel-is-he-it-or-is-he-aint has still garnered the team publicity.

Now, with Mooch as the latest is-he-it-and-is-he-all-of-that has garnered even more publicity.

LDS must be trippin on this new wave of pub, even during a supposed NFL ban on Redskins related or any other teams related news other than the SB teams during the SB week.

I'm beginning to think LDS secretly lives for fame and addoration. Call it: short-guy-syndrome.
Well if that is true then Snyder is smarter than we give him credit for. So what your saying is that in the back of Snyders mind he said "hey lets keep all of this private" knowing that it would make it even bigger news. I would think that its the opposit way around. They wanted to keep it private so it would not be that big of a deal but the press just could not hold back and started throwing out any and every rumor there was. If you think about it when was the last time Snyder was out trying to get his face in the news. I can't think of anytimes he has done so except to announce Gibbs retirement and ST death. Both time where unusual circumstances where he could not avoid speaking to the press. So to assume he dreamed this all up for his ego is really far fetched.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:52 PM   #52
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What the hell happened?

Don't worry jsarno, Bugel is staying.


Other than that, we all know NOTHING.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #53
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell17 View Post
You might want to forget about this 11 days...

Airfare to Hawaii $279
11 Day stay at hotel $936
Fishing trip $42
Spa Treatment $67
Surfing Lessons $18
Returning home to find team in disarray... Priceless.
Actually, you are off by a little. (all were for 2)
Airfare to Hawaii $1100
2 day stay at hotel $500
7 day cruise around the islands with a suite $3500
Spa treatments $400
Surfing lessons $90
returning home to find team in disarry... Disgusted.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:40 AM   #54
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Don't worry jsarno, Bugel is staying.


Other than that, we all know NOTHING.

LOL, I am glad Bugel is staying.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #55
Special Teams
 
Dlyne8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The ATL
Posts: 470
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
I really don't understand blaming the media for the "overreaction" by the fans. Some fans have overreacted, but some of this is brought on by ownership.

Ownership came out and told us that Joe Gibbs built this team and that they felt that continuity was going to be a key for the Skins. Not true. Not only do they let go our two main coordinators, they proceed to install a different kind of offense. Not only that they proceed to do this w/ out a coach.

Secondly, they pull a hc condidate from the ashes from a NFC east foe. As word leaks that he's going to be named HC (I'm assuming the media had good sources since it was multiple outlets reporting this), fans/media revolts. They rethink their decision.

So, i do think that some fans tend to overreact. However, 75% of the blame needs to be heaped on DS/VC for this process. It's not over so maybe it will turn out ok, but the process itself has not really impressed me.
Exactly. In addition they've positioned Jason Campbell behind yet another offensive scheme and risked his further development as our franchise QB. Aside from the support DS gave the Taylor family when Sean was killed, He and VC disgust me and will never have my support again. Fool me once: shame on you, fool me twice (or 4-5 times): shame on me.
__________________
Charmed your drug addled candor knows no bounds
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #56
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 45
Posts: 559
Re: What the hell happened?

Hey jsarno, welcome back! Yeah bud, you missed alot of drama here in Redskins' land. To summarize for you: Our owner who knows nothing about how a football franchise is built, promoted Carrato who knows very little about how to build a successful football franchise. Then our owner slams the door on GW who KNEW our football teams' capabilities, and basically says you are no longer welcome here. Then Snyder goes out and hires some assistant coaches that will probably bump heads with our new mystery head coach who has yet to be named. So, in a nut shell, our owner basically doesn't listens to the players who endoresed GW. Lies to GW, because way back when Gibbs was putting together his staff, Gibbs tells GW that the he will be the heir apparent once he hangs it up for good. Go back to when Snyder first purchased the team and flash forward to now, and it is buisness as ususal. The inmates are back running the asylum, and we as an organization will continue to be hated and not respected. This franchise is a joke! Thanks alot Dan for screwing up my passion for this team. Dan, you suck!
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
Hey jsarno, welcome back! Yeah bud, you missed alot of drama here in Redskins' land. To summarize for you: Our owner who knows nothing about how a football franchise is built, promoted Carrato who knows very little about how to build a successful football franchise. Then our owner slams the door on GW who KNEW our football teams' capabilities, and basically says you are no longer welcome here. Then Snyder goes out and hires some assistant coaches that will probably bump heads with our new mystery ead coach who has yet to be named. So, in a nut shell, our owner basically doesn't listens to the players who endoresed GW. Lies to GW, because way back when Gibbs was putting together his staff, Gibbs tells GW that the he will be the heir apparent once he hangs it up for good. Go back to when Snyder first purchased the team and flash forward to now, and it is buisness as ususal. The inmates are back running the asylum, and we as an organization will continue to be hated and not respected. This franchise is a joke! Thanks alot Dan for screwing up my passion for this team. Dan, you suck!
Thanks...I would say I'm happy to be back, but when you leave paradise, you're really not happy to be back at all.

My only concern about your statement is the lack of passion you now have for the team. I firmly feel we are now heading in the wrong direction, but it does not change my passion for the team. That's what separates us from other fans, we will always be there and be passionate regardless of circumstances.

I do find it interesting that no one is pointing any fingers at Gibbs. He is supposed to be in this mix making decisions, and I have heard nothing about him not being happy with the direction of the team meaning he is in support and could have been on Snyder's side with these decisions.
While of course Snyder and Cerrato brunt the majority of the blame for these coaching moves, Gibbs was supposed to be a consultant, so either they aren't asking Gibbs, or Gibbs is involved. I am assuming he is involved since Snyder supposedly thinks very highly of Gibbs.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30401 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25