Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


(updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Yet

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: ESPN reports Mariucci is out of the running for the HC job in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I guess it worked for the Cowboys this year with Garrett being a first time OC and Wade Phillips really being defensive minded. But hiring Spagnuolo would make me wonder what exactly is the deal with Blache, and Phillips had experience as a head coach before Dallas

I'm curious as to just what the reaction to Spagnuolo would be had the Giants suffered a lopsided defeat in the SB. It could be that the HC has already been decided on, and the only thing left is the anouncment.

Perhaps, if the procedure Jerry Jones utilized last year, and what Snyder is doing this year becomes a successful trend, it could very well set a new trend for the way coaches are hired in the future. It certainly will make it easier to interchange parts of a coaching staff without replacing the entire package. Of course it all depends on how successful/or not it proves to be.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #62
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

This is a copy cat league....however Saunders system worked for the Chiefs and not the Skins. go figure.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #63
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,366
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
SFR: I totally agree with you on Walsh getting to much credit. I belive some may even be defensive coaches but they listed them due to them having been associated with someone running the WC offense. I also stated earlier that "if Wikipedia" is correct. because we all know people like to add or change things on there. lol..
On this tree descendant business the coach should fall to where he started his coaching career as an assistant. The media loves to give Walsh "the genius" crown when in reality Gibbs was a better coach. If Gibbs would have been fortunate to have one QB like Montana or Simms, god knows how many SB he would have won. The Coryell system kicks the Paul Brown/West Coast system ASS!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #64
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

I also think it's funny how we call the Paul Brown WC when it originated at Ohio State and Walsh who liked the Coryell system and was using it until his QB got hurt and had to put in a second string who could not make the long throws decided to shorten the routes. He then takes it to the 49ers and it's the WC. When it came from the East. Now you take Coryell and Sid Gilman's system which was developed in San Diego. Any chance we set the record straight and change the names. Gibbs ran the WC and Walsh ran the EC.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #65
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
This is a copy cat league....however Saunders system worked for the Chiefs and not the Skins. go figure.

Saunders' system was hampered here because of shared philosophy with the HC. Any system with too much volume will struggle, but when it's crossed with conflicting concepts that only serves to compound the problem.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #66
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Saunders' system was hampered here because of shared philosophy with the HC. Any system with too much volume will struggle, but when it's crossed with conflicting concepts that only serves to compound the problem.
If your using fancy words to say to many cooks in the kitchen I'm with ya. lol.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #67
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,518
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

I'm just glad that Mooch is still in the running, but at this point I'm on board with anyone except for Meeks, for some reason I don't feel like he'd fit well here.
__________________
6.67◊10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #68
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: ESPN reports Mariucci is out of the running for the HC job in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I guess it worked for the Cowboys this year with Garrett being a first time OC and Wade Phillips really being defensive minded. But hiring Spagnuolo would make me wonder what exactly is the deal with Blache, and Phillips had experience as a head coach before Dallas

Yes, that's what doesn't make any sense. Why bring in a defensive minded head coach, with defensive coordinator already in place?

I could see an offensive minded guy taking over and leaving Blache here to keep Williams' defense basically in place.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #69
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: ESPN reports Mariucci is out of the running for the HC job in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Why would you assume Spags will be nothing without Strahan, Umenyiora or Tuck, that makes no sense?

I disagree totally, the guy has a solid resume and now a nice ring to go with it, going all the way back to even starting his career here in DC in 1983 (or maybe this was his second job). First of all he's not being interviewed for DC, of course as HC with his one year at DC and GREAT success his finger print would be all over the D IMO. But I don't see ANY reason why he can't succeed at the HC level for the SKINS.
We already had a guy with a "solid resume" running the defense.

If you had to part ways with Williams, then I'm fine with Blache taking over. But is Spagnuolo so eager to accept a head coaching position that he will cede his right to hire the coaching staff he wants and have no say in who his D-coordinator will be? I guess we'll see.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #70
Special Teams
 
LandrySlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AFGHANISTAN
Posts: 334
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

Please Dan, Hire Arnold Schwarznager for HC!
LandrySlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #71
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: ESPN reports Mariucci is out of the running for the HC job in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
It's the "in thing" to do when one likes to gloom and doom all day long. Of course, if we hire Spagnuolo, then the DS bashers will call him Norv turner 2.0. But, if he found another head coaching job and became the next winning dynasty head coach, then the DS bashers will bash him for not picking Spags to be our head coach. I personally like the idea of hiring him, because I think he's going to be in a perfect position to be successful. He would be inheriting a playoff team who has most of their coaches coming back. The big question mark will be the offense, but everybody seems to believe Zorn is the next offensive mastermind. I see no reason why we shouldn't give him a chance.
Ah yes. How dare anyone criticize an owner whose team has collected a 50-62 record on his watch.

I happen to be against the hiring of Spagnuolo. I'd prefer someone with more experiece, like Fassel or Mariucci. I find it difficult to believe that Spagnuolo will be able to duplicate his success without the great pass rush he had in NY. Without that front four, he'd be no better than the defensive coaches we already have in place.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #72
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

I think that Blanche as a D-line coach turned D-Coordinator and Spag as a LB/DB coach turned D-Coordinator could work together well as Head Coach and D Coordinator. That said, I would like to get a little more help for Zorn. Maybe we could bring in Fassel as the QB coach... (LOL)!!!!
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #73
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: ESPN reports Mariucci is out of the running for the HC job in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Ah yes. How dare anyone criticize an owner whose team has collected a 50-62 record on his watch.

I happen to be against the hiring of Spagnuolo. I'd prefer someone with more experiece, like Fassel or Mariucci. I find it difficult to believe that Spagnuolo will be able to duplicate his success without the great pass rush he had in NY. Without that front four, he'd be no better than the defensive coaches we already have in place.
I agree, but maybe, Spags will be the voice we've long been waiting for to finally bolster our D-line through the draft and free agency. He knows a strong pass rush is key to having a dominant defense, and we've all been complaining for years that we need to improve our pass rush. Maybe, under Spags, that would finally happen. Or we could just draft another guy for the secondary in the first round.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #74
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: ESPN reports Mariucci is out of the running for the HC job in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
I agree, but maybe, Spags will be the voice we've long been waiting for to finally bolster our D-line through the draft and free agency. He knows a strong pass rush is key to having a dominant defense, and we've all been complaining for years that we need to improve our pass rush. Maybe, under Spags, that would finally happen. Or we could just draft another guy for the secondary in the first round.
Now that's the best argument yet for Spags. Great point.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #75
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,517
Re: (updated title) Mariucci Still Under Consideration, But No Follow Up Interview Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Ah yes. How dare anyone criticize an owner whose team has collected a 50-62 record on his watch.

I happen to be against the hiring of Spagnuolo. I'd prefer someone with more experiece, like Fassel or Mariucci. I find it difficult to believe that Spagnuolo will be able to duplicate his success without the great pass rush he had in NY. Without that front four, he'd be no better than the defensive coaches we already have in place.
Sure, itís easy to criticize Snyder. Heck, itís a no-brainer thing to do! I mean, we all get it, Beems. Snyder had been a horrible owner. But in regards to guys with head coaching experience, they all have had to start somewhere. I bet you would have never hired Joe Gibbs back in 1980.

Spags can either be the greatest thing as head coach or another Steve Spurrier of the pros. But at least itís not like he is having to start at ground zero here. The team is set in place. The coaching staff is set in place. All he has to do is come in and prove himself as a head coach. I assume the more success he has, the more control heíll obtain. Still, Iím willing to give him a shot. If he pans out, we should have a good coach for the next decade or so. If he doesnít, then weíre back to square one. But, thereís no guarantee weíre going to succeed with either Fassel or Mooch either. Itís all a crapshoot. They have experience, but neither have won Super Bowls.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.48312 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25