Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What about Tiki?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,912
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Tiki is not a HOF'er.

As for how he feels, screw him. Screw his brother, his mother, his uncle and grandpa.
Wow, why Grandpa gotta get flack too? He didn't do anything! :cheeky-sm
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Age: 38
Posts: 457
Re: What about Tiki?

I dont think screwing barber is enough. Like Thornton Melon said, "The Football team at the HS I went to...they were tough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family."
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,912
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
I dont think screwing barber is enough. Like Thornton Melon said, "The Football team at the HS I went to...they were tough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family."
LOL, nice Thornton Melon reference.. 3/4 of the board won't get that or a 'Triple Lindy' reference..
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #19
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
I dont think screwing barber is enough. Like Thornton Melon said, "The Football team at the HS I went to...they were tough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family."
my fave TM quote is,"i just got rid of vanessa.i feel like i just got paroled!"
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #20
Impact Rookie
 
Campbell17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Age: 20
Posts: 642
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Portis can't stay healthy,he has maybe ..............2 seasons...at best.
Not all running backs throw in the towel early. These backs are called men, not boys.
__________________
This time instead of some lousy joke, humerous comment, racial slur, or a famous quote, I will write small, and be the bigger person.
Campbell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
Stuck in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Age: 28
Posts: 545
Re: What about Tiki?

He seems to have a good quality professionalism. I like him as a journalist whenever he is not doing sports. Like everyone said, seems like all he wants to do is burn the Giants...

I can deff see CP in the HOF before Tiki. Tiki had skill but lacked one thing that Portis had... well two things: CP can block almost as good at Chris Samuels in the backfield, and CP has more heart than the entire Giants backfield combined, including Tiki from a few years ago. He plays for the team, not himself and its evident in how hard he plays. Sorry, but there is just no comparision between him and Tiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Portis can't stay healthy,he has maybe ..............2 seasons...at best.
Oh yeah, and I'm going out on a limb and say the same about Eli. But he wont leave due to injury, just inconsistency
__________________
We will miss you Sean.
RIP
1983-2007

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #22
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
LOL, nice Thornton Melon reference.. 3/4 of the board won't get that or a 'Triple Lindy' reference..


Great movie!
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 788
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBall View Post
If Portis can stay healthy and win a superbowl with the Skins he's in one day. Who else on our team has a shot?

Landry or Cooley or Samuels maybe?
Jason Campbell!!!

But seriously, not many come to mind . . . I guess maybe London Fletcher, but thats a stretch I think.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in TX View Post

Quote:
I can deff see CP in the HOF before Tiki. Tiki had skill but lacked one thing that Portis had... well two things: CP can block almost as good at Chris Samuels in the backfield, and CP has more heart than the entire Giants backfield combined, including Tiki from a few years ago. He plays for the team, not himself and its evident in how hard he plays. Sorry, but there is just no comparision between him and Tiki.

Oh yeah, and I'm going out on a limb and say the same about Eli. But he wont leave due to injury, just inconsistency





Just say something nasty about his mother and get it over with.


All I can say about Eli is when he goes he'll go with a super bowl and a MVP trophy.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
I dont think screwing barber is enough. Like Thornton Melon said, "The Football team at the HS I went to...they were tough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family."

Oh well ................he'll get in before Portis.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Re: What about Tiki?

Now that the Redskins offense is going to the West Coast System, Portis will have over 10,000 yards in 2 seasons, AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!! I see that people have a short memory, if people can remember, before Portis came to the Redskins he was shredding up the league in a West Coast System, So to answer another question, Portis is probably the only player right now that has a chance to be a HOF'er.

Giantone, if you are so confident about Tiki being a HOF'er than please back it up with something. At least you were given stats as to why Portis is a better back than Tiki. And it's not fair to compare Marino's career to Tiki, that's an insult to Mr. Marino. Marino was statistically the best QB ever to play the game, and I am sorry but Tiki is not even a pimple on Emmit Smith's ass...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
Now that the Redskins offense is going to the West Coast System, Portis will have over 10,000 yards in 2 seasons, AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!! I see that people have a short memory, if people can remember, before Portis came to the Redskins he was shredding up the league in a West Coast System, So to answer another question, Portis is probably the only player right now that has a chance to be a HOF'er.

Giantone, if you are so confident about Tiki being a HOF'er than please back it up with something. At least you were given stats as to why Portis is a better back than Tiki. And it's not fair to compare Marino's career to Tiki, that's an insult to Mr. Marino. Marino was statistically the best QB ever to play the game, and I am sorry but Tiki is not even a pimple on Emmit Smith's ass...
No .......I did'nt compare Tiki to Marino ,somebody mention super bowls and he would'nt get in becuse he did'nt have one,just a fact to prove them incorrect.

Mr Marino is now second to Brett Farve

................I never said anything about Emmit so try and keep up but no matter how far behind Emmit he is ............portis is twice that.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #28
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: What about Tiki?

Portis........


Stat page..................

Clinton Portis
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone
The HOF has nothing to do with SuperBowls,ask Dan Marino.
That quote right there is where you compared Tiki to Marino. By stating this you are saying that Tiki has stats just as good as Marino, therefor Tiki does not need to win a super bowl to get in the HOF.

You are correct that this year FAVRE and not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone
Farve
did pass Marino. Favre does have a superbow win so even if he didn't surpass Marino statistically he still would be a HOF'er.

Again, you are correct that you never mentioned Emmit Smith, but since Tiki was a running back I felt that he should be compared to a running back that has the stats that Tiki can only dream about. Hell, Tiki can only dream about seeing the endzone as many times as Portis did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone
no matter how far behind Emmit he is ............portis is twice that.
Ok, are you in remedial math by chance? If so I will try to make this simple for you.

Emmit Smith - 18,355 yards
Tiki Barber - 10,449 yards
Clinton Portis - 7,715 yards

So if you do the math correctly Portis is not twice what Tiki is behind Emmit. Now I will admit that I do not think in any way that Portis will catch up to Emmit, but I KNOW FOR A FACT Portis will surpass Tiki!!! Remember Portis only needs 2,734 more yards just to tie with Tiki, which can be done like Matty said in 2 years for him...

Oh, and I am still waiting for your support as to why Tiki is a HOF running back? Thanks for listing CP's stat page, but I already know how good he is...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #30
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 788
Re: What about Tiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No .......I did'nt compare Tiki to Marino ,somebody mention super bowls and he would'nt get in becuse he did'nt have one,just a fact to prove them incorrect.

Mr Marino is now second to Brett Farve

................I never said anything about Emmit so try and keep up but no matter how far behind Emmit he is ............portis is twice that.

I think that was me you are referring to, but that is not exactly what I meant. Sorry if I was a bit unclear. I meant only that by ending his career early and missing out on a successful Giants season (and yes their Super Bowl victory too) that he would have less of a chance then if he had stuck it out even one more year. I know that you don't need to win a SB to get into the HOF, but it sure doesn't hurt, especially when your overall stats are fairly unimpressive (as are Tiki's). What records does he even hold? I'm sure he has some Giant's records. Portis on the other hand:

"Portis rushed for over 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons with the Broncos, averaging 5.5 yards per carry in that span. The latter is an NFL record for a running back's first two seasons. On December 7, 2003, Portis scored a staggering 5 rushing touchdowns in a 45-27 win over the 11-1 Kansas City Chiefs. No running back in the NFL has scored more than 4 rushing TDs since."

Redskins' franchise record for the most rushing yards in a season with 1,516 yards and tied the most 100+ yard games in a season (5). He ended the game with 112 rushing yards. By rushing for 1,516 yards, he became only the third runner in league history to reach 1,500 yards in three of his first four seasons.

He was offensive Rookie of the Year.

Clinton Portis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He'll be 27 next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts for 3 more years. That is plenty of time to climb up the All Time lists and set new records. No, CP is not Emmit Smith, nor is he close, but he is certainly on pace to be a future Hall of Famer.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.53493 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25