Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dan Snyder losing respectability?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Dan Snyder losing respectability?

[From JLC Insider:
"Spagnuolo and Jim Mora both pulled out on the Redskins and went on to lucrative deals elsewhere. Gregg Williams was on the verge of pulling out several times with Joe Gibbs urging him not to. Bill Cowher and Pete Carroll didn't want the job under this front office structure at all.

Looks like a highly devalued position. Hard to spin it any other way."]

Snyder's ill repute is starting to preceed him now. Coaches are now not even dumb enough to jeopardize their advancement for the windfall of riches that awaits them here as HC.

If Jim Fassel doesn't scream devalued position I don't know what does.

__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectibility?

Is he in the Bidwell, Al Davis category? I think his big ego is the problem.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
LMsexyAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 684
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectibility?

I think there are several coaches would want to work for the owner with the highest paid coaching and players staff. Who the hell wouldn't? Snyder writes any check to make this team better. Although he does treat the fans poorly, the only thing Synder is really guilty of in this coach-finding process is caring to much about the future of this team.

So far no one has yet to be publically OFFERED a job, so you can hardly say they are turning SNYDER down.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
Hail2theskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Herndon, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 488
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
I think there are several coaches would want to work for the owner with the highest paid coaching and players staff. Who the hell wouldn't? Snyder writes any check to make this team better. Although he does treat the fans poorly, the only thing Synder is really guilty of in this coach-finding process is caring to much about the future of this team.

So far no one has yet to be publically OFFERED a job, so you can hardly say they are turning SNYDER down.
Would you want to be the HC of a team with NO control of your own staff? Seriously, thats like starting a business and having some 3rd party choosing your partners for you, who wants that?
__________________
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Hail2theskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectibility?

You've got to ask yourself "Would I work for Snyder?"

Hell, if I were Fassel I would pull out too. I'm surprised he is still around seeing how he is just a bootycall.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 886
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectibility?

The national media seems to think DS FUBARed this coaching search and so do many local personalities here in B-more. I have to imagine it is the same scenario in other markets as well. The primary argument being that he hired coordinators prior to HC.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 759
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
I think there are several coaches would want to work for the owner with the highest paid coaching and players staff. Who the hell wouldn't? Snyder writes any check to make this team better. Although he does treat the fans poorly, the only thing Synder is really guilty of in this coach-finding process is caring to much about the future of this team.

So far no one has yet to be publically OFFERED a job, so you can hardly say they are turning SNYDER down.
Wasn't Jim Mora offered the job?
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
squrrelco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norfolk
Age: 38
Posts: 429
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

The problem with this thread title is you need to have respectability to lose it.

Justified or not, Dan Snyder has p*ssed off so many of the other owners by running coaches salaries through the roof and overpaying for bad talent, not to mention that he's gotten the worst PR since Satan, that no one is giving him the benefit of the doubt and everyone is going to go out of their way to see to it that he doesn't get a damn thing be it coaches or whatever without paying through the nose.
__________________
I got nothin'
squrrelco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
The problem with this thread title is you need to have respectability to lose it.

Justified or not, Dan Snyder has p*ssed off so many of the other owners by running coaches salaries through the roof and overpaying for bad talent, not to mention that he's gotten the worst PR since Satan, that no one is giving him the benefit of the doubt and everyone is going to go out of their way to see to it that he doesn't get a damn thing be it coaches or whatever without paying through the nose.
Well said. If you want to get a raise, interview with Snyder or have your agent talk about a possible Redskins job.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

I think people are making way too big a deal out of the whole coordinators hired before the coach. What about all the players that are here before the coach, should we just cut the whole team so the coach can come in and pick everyone he wants?

Secondly, so what if Spags and Mora went on to more lucrative deals elsewhere? Gregg Williams turned down interview opportunities with other teams and signed an extension with us back in 2006. Does that mean the teams looking for coaches had owners who were "losing respectability"

And Bill Cowher and Pete Carroll want complete control (especially Carroll), it has nothing to do with "this front office structure." It has to do with any team that isn't going to give his head coach complete say. But that shouldn't be seen as a knock on the Redskins.

Anyway, as I've said before, people want to hate on the Redskins now and the fans want to give up. Fine, let them. It's about getting things done between September and hopefully February. It's about winning and "impressing the fans" then. Now? The team just has to do what it feels right to put the team in a strong position come Fall. If fans want to bitch and moan about it, so what? F them. Just have a plan and stick to it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Anyway, as I've said before, people want to hate on the Redskins now and the fans want to give up. Fine, let them. It's about getting things done between September and hopefully February. It's about winning and "impressing the fans" then. Now? The team just has to do what it feels right to put the team in a strong position come Fall. If fans want to bitch and moan about it, so what? F them. Just have a plan and stick to it
You don't find that Snyder has a hard time sticking to a plan? With the one and done that Schottenheimer had and making adjustments to what Gibbs was trying to leave in place.

That's what makes it so frustrating to be apart of the Skins is the constant change of direction. I like sticking to a plan when it seems conceived by an informed body. I thought Gibbs was informed on how to build stability in an organization, I guess Snyder thinks otherwise. Looks like we'll have to wait another four years to find out.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #12
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,392
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think people are making way too big a deal out of the whole coordinators hired before the coach. What about all the players that are here before the coach, should we just cut the whole team so the coach can come in and pick everyone he wants?

Secondly, so what if Spags and Mora went on to more lucrative deals elsewhere? Gregg Williams turned down interview opportunities with other teams and signed an extension with us back in 2006. Does that mean the teams looking for coaches had owners who were "losing respectability"

And Bill Cowher and Pete Carroll want complete control (especially Carroll), it has nothing to do with "this front office structure." It has to do with any team that isn't going to give his head coach complete say. But that shouldn't be seen as a knock on the Redskins.

Anyway, as I've said before, people want to hate on the Redskins now and the fans want to give up. Fine, let them. It's about getting things done between September and hopefully February. It's about winning and "impressing the fans" then. Now? The team just has to do what it feels right to put the team in a strong position come Fall. If fans want to bitch and moan about it, so what? F them. Just have a plan and stick to it
love your optimism,wish I had it,to me sally jenkins was right on in most of what she said,and it looks like spag took her advice
right now were the laughingstock of the nfl,maybe even worse than the raiders,my local nfl columnist is tearing us up{and his wife is a huge redskin fan} the columnist in other cities are tearing us up,and rightfully so
And how can you say "fuck the fans" ? what are you? Are you a fan? I know you are,so what does that mean when you say fk the fans? does that mean fk you?
And what is this great plan? so far the only plan snyder has had that was worth a shit was rehiring gibbs,which didnt quite work out as good as we had hoped,so far none of snyders plans have worked out the way anyone had hoped,so why should we believe in him now? Right now 99 percent of redskin nation,IMO,thinks snyder doesnt have a clue,maybe he will get lucky and end up hiring a coach that can pull this team together,and i sincerely hope he does,I just cant see it happenning,any coach he hires is going to be another one of his puppets,even Cowher.If somehow he does manage to hire cowher hes still his puppet,at least for 1 yr till cowher can hire people he wants here.
Till dannyboy hires a qaulified gm and stays the hell out of the way I cant see us gaining any respectability,unless of course we win,winning cures all ills
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #13
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think people are making way too big a deal out of the whole coordinators hired before the coach. What about all the players that are here before the coach, should we just cut the whole team so the coach can come in and pick everyone he wants?

Secondly, so what if Spags and Mora went on to more lucrative deals elsewhere? Gregg Williams turned down interview opportunities with other teams and signed an extension with us back in 2006. Does that mean the teams looking for coaches had owners who were "losing respectability"

And Bill Cowher and Pete Carroll want complete control (especially Carroll), it has nothing to do with "this front office structure." It has to do with any team that isn't going to give his head coach complete say. But that shouldn't be seen as a knock on the Redskins.

Anyway, as I've said before, people want to hate on the Redskins now and the fans want to give up. Fine, let them. It's about getting things done between September and hopefully February. It's about winning and "impressing the fans" then. Now? The team just has to do what it feels right to put the team in a strong position come Fall. If fans want to bitch and moan about it, so what? F them. Just have a plan and stick to it

Smootsmack - I for one am glad if Synder told possible head coaching canidates that they will not get complete control. Now I am not a fan of Vinny Cerrato, but I am a fan of seperating the GM from the head coach because if the head coach gets too much say the long range vision of building through the draft usually gets thrown to the wayside as a coach always wants to "win at all costs now so lets go the free agent and trade picks for veterans route".
Now your last comment is where I wonder - do the Redskins and ther front office have a true plan and vision for the team long term? Are the SKins about keeping the core players around and building through the draft? Or are they about signing big time free agents and trading away picks? I for one sure hope its number one and I hope that now that Vinny Cerrato is the man in charge and resposnbile for the direction of the team as far as how it is contructed that Vinny comes out and lets the fans have some idea about the Redskins plan and how they are going about trying to win a Super Bowl.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #14
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

I haven't always been a huge Snyder supporter, but I was a bit miffed when I read that from JLC. Mind you, this is the same JLC whose Redskins Insider Blog was referred to by Peter King (no Snyder lover) as "decidedly anti-Snyder". He asks how you can spin it any other way than the fact that the Skins head coaching position is way under-valued. I don't see it myself.

I might be wrong, but from all I've seen I haven't gotten the impression that either Mora or Spagnuolo were actually offered the job. Maybe they did, but it's not like either guy really went back to unattractive situations anyway (Mora will officially be the head coach - is in his contract so no Williams type situation - of the Seahawks next year and Spagnuolo gets $2 million to coach a good defense with lots of young talent). I don't understand how everyone thinks that Fassel represents the same old Snyder. He's not the flashy pick guys, its different than Marty or Steve or Joe. Now, if he had landed Spagnuolo or even gotten Mariucci (I guess still within the realm of the possible) then I'd say it was old Snyder. Fassel represents a departure in my mind. Plus, it's HIS STAFF that is in place, so if Fassel comes in then hiring the coordinators first actually makes sense.

Some people whine about the coordinators being hired, but if Fassel comes in that makes sense. People say its the same old Snyder looking for change for change sake, but I contend that Fassel represents something different (and actually the guys people loved, Spagnuolo and Mariucci, represented the old ways). I don't get the renewed Snyder bashing. I've actually come around on the whole thing.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 41
Posts: 1,603
Re: Dan Snyder losing respectability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Just have a plan and stick to it
Hmmmm.
So that's what's happening now. We're sticking to a plan.
If what is happening right now is a plan I think Snyder is a fool.
We're losing valuable time as every day passes...
Don't think Saunders and Williams haven't started working at their new jobs?
Unbelievable.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37539 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25