Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Bram Speculates That It May Be Grimm

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
81+83+84=Posse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salisbury, MD
Age: 38
Posts: 86
Bram Speculates That It May Be Grimm

What do you think? I would be ALL ABOUT it.

Covering The Redskins

I think Russ Grimm has a legitimate shot at the head coaching position of the Washington Redskins, not necessarily because I know that he has interviewed for the position (I don't) but because logically it makes sense and there is one little thing that's been eating at me all week..

Dan Snyder spoke to Russ Grimm last week at the Super Bowl.. This I know to be true..

On two separate occasions when I had a chance to speak with Snyder after the Art Monk/Darrell Green presser at Redskins Park, Snyder said he spoke with Grimm following the Hall of Fame announcement.. When asked about the continued slight of the Hogs in the Hall, Snyder said he spoke to Grimm and told him the organization will fight for him and the Hogs as they have for Art Monk for so many years..
Now this shouldn't be taken out of context.. All Snyder said was he spoke to Russ about his desire to see the former Skins guard get in but the mere fact they conversed while Russ is contractually with the Cardinals suggests there might have been something else worth contacting about..

Considering a month of fumbles trying to find Joe Gibbs successor, Grimm certainly would be a welcome surprise if he were to be announced as the next head coach.. He'd be immediately welcomed by the fanbase and considering he was a two time finalist for a head coaching slot, and currently and assistant head coach, not a stretch to suggest he is ready.. Plus they Skins could spin this as a keep it in the family moment..

I think Meeks, Mooch and Fassel would be in place if they were the team's obvious choice to succeed Gibbs.. Now that the Super Bowl dust has settled, what's obvious is the Skins don't have an obvious successor in place.. Their apprehention to hire someone says everything about the field of public candidates remaining.. Does this team need Russ to save face? Probably. Does Russ need this job to prove he shouldn't have been overlooked elsewhere? Not sure. The longer this goes on the less credible any head coach becomes if it is not someone who appears to be an obvious choice.. The longer it goes, the more it becomes clear Gregg Williams should have gotten the job at least in the short term.. But that's water under the bridge now.. If Russ can take the system as set up (can't pick his coordinators, can't pick his players, little to no personnel power) then I think the job is his.. And the Skins need him now more then ever..
81+83+84=Posse is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be Grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81+83+84=Posse View Post
What do you think? I would be ALL ABOUT it.

Covering The Redskins

I think Russ Grimm has a legitimate shot at the head coaching position of the Washington Redskins, not necessarily because I know that he has interviewed for the position (I don't) but because logically it makes sense and there is one little thing that's been eating at me all week..

Dan Snyder spoke to Russ Grimm last week at the Super Bowl.. This I know to be true..

On two separate occasions when I had a chance to speak with Snyder after the Art Monk/Darrell Green presser at Redskins Park, Snyder said he spoke with Grimm following the Hall of Fame announcement.. When asked about the continued slight of the Hogs in the Hall, Snyder said he spoke to Grimm and told him the organization will fight for him and the Hogs as they have for Art Monk for so many years..
Now this shouldn't be taken out of context.. All Snyder said was he spoke to Russ about his desire to see the former Skins guard get in but the mere fact they conversed while Russ is contractually with the Cardinals suggests there might have been something else worth contacting about..

Considering a month of fumbles trying to find Joe Gibbs successor, Grimm certainly would be a welcome surprise if he were to be announced as the next head coach.. He'd be immediately welcomed by the fanbase and considering he was a two time finalist for a head coaching slot, and currently and assistant head coach, not a stretch to suggest he is ready.. Plus they Skins could spin this as a keep it in the family moment..

I think Meeks, Mooch and Fassel would be in place if they were the team's obvious choice to succeed Gibbs.. Now that the Super Bowl dust has settled, what's obvious is the Skins don't have an obvious successor in place.. Their apprehention to hire someone says everything about the field of public candidates remaining.. Does this team need Russ to save face? Probably. Does Russ need this job to prove he shouldn't have been overlooked elsewhere? Not sure. The longer this goes on the less credible any head coach becomes if it is not someone who appears to be an obvious choice.. The longer it goes, the more it becomes clear Gregg Williams should have gotten the job at least in the short term.. But that's water under the bridge now.. If Russ can take the system as set up (can't pick his coordinators, can't pick his players, little to no personnel power) then I think the job is his.. And the Skins need him now more then ever..
The last two sentences about sum it up.
redsk1 is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Special Teams
 
killromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 199
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Wishful thinking my friend. I hope you are right. Snyder has made us a bigger joke then we already were. Anybody who is not a Snyder hater right now could be called a lemming. Mind the drop fellas.
killromo is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Camp Scrub
 
OverseasSkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

The Redskins legacy is as one of the prime teams in NFL history. Now we are the verge of becoming in the DC Met area what the Jets are in NY; the JV. That's what happens when you hire as your head coach the guy that the team who used to be the area JV (Ravens) fired as their coordinator. How can the Skins be the prime when their leader is the Ravens reject? If you have friends who are Jets fans in NY, ask them how they feel now that the Giants are even more the kings. That's how Skins fans will feel with Fassel in charge!
OverseasSkinsfan is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by killromo View Post
Wishful thinking my friend. I hope you are right. Snyder has made us a bigger joke then we already were. Anybody who is not a Snyder hater right now could be called a lemming. Mind the drop fellas.
Guess I'm Smoot the Lemming then
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Guess I'm Smoot the Lemming then
We could just call you LemmingSmack. It works if you're right or wrong.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by killromo View Post
. Anybody who is not a Snyder hater right now could be called a lemming. .

then call me a lemming. i think snyder brought in some terrible players way back in the day (primetime,jeff george. etc..) but he's done nothing but bring in the guys that his coaches have wanted since then.

i'm far from being a snyder hater.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
Camp Scrub
 
Warrior1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raven, Virginia
Posts: 38
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Honestly, I get frustraited at Dan Snyder, but who else would put out the $$$$ he does to try getting us to the Super Bowl? I feel once he gets the right personel in place and gets us a couple more free agents along with a good draft we could be on our way to the top. Money is no object for Dan when it comes to success, just imagine if there were no salary cap....he would be a football god for a owner.
Warrior1971 is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Don't you guys think there must be some reason why Grimm got passed over by his own Steelers last year and this year no team has asked permission to interview him for their head coaching position?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
Impact Rookie
 
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 29
Posts: 896
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Don't you guys think there must be some reason why Grimm got passed over by his own Steelers last year and this year no team has asked permission to interview him for their head coaching position?
but isn't that one of the same knocks on Fassel? I'm not saying Grimm or bust, but he has a lot of fan appeal, and might mend some fences.....of course until his first 6 win season
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Don't you guys think there must be some reason why Grimm got passed over by his own Steelers last year and this year no team has asked permission to interview him for their head coaching position?
I think he got passed over because Tomlin blew Rooney away with his interview. And, I may be wrong about this, but when the league rule mandating interviews for minority candidates bears your name, then you may feel some obligation to, you know, hire a minority. Just a possibility.

I think people are forgetting that Grimm left here because he disliked the way Snyder did business. I doubt his mind has changed on that.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
then call me a lemming. i think snyder brought in some terrible players way back in the day (primetime,jeff george. etc..) but he's done nothing but bring in the guys that his coaches have wanted since then.

i'm far from being a snyder hater.

Listening to Bram Weinstein [sp] on Redskins Radio last night, I was left with the impression he felt most of the fan frustration has been directed towards the wrong person. He said Joe Gibbs should be taking some of the heat for leaving Mr. Snyder and the Redskins organization in the lurch this way. Maybe had they had some idea Gibbs was just going to up-and quit, they could have had some irons in the fire.

He was almost apealing to Joe Gibbs to come back and fix this mess he's left the team in. [though he knows that's not going to happen] One lady caller went as far to say it was a mistake for Snyder to bring Gibbs back in the first place, knowing it was going to be short lived and the eventual possibility for the very situation we're faced with now.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace View Post
but isn't that one of the same knocks on Fassel? I'm not saying Grimm or bust, but he has a lot of fan appeal, and might mend some fences.....of course until his first 6 win season
Well Fassel did interview for the Chiefs coordinator position.

But yes I hear what you're saying. I'm just saying you have these people saying Snyder is a total idiot for not interviewing Grimm (who has yet to prove anything as a head coach) and no one is saying why did the Steelers pass him up, why is no one asking to interview him this year? Instead it's just oh well now I hate Snyder and if you don't you're a lemming.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Anybody you put up against Fassel is going to look like a gem, but with Grimm even more so. I like the fact that he would make a good symbolic coach, and I say symbolic because much of his coaching influence is elminated by having our current FO structure.

Having Grimm as our new HC would be a welcome change of events.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Bram Speculates That It May Be grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Listening to Bram Weinstein [sp] on Redskins Radio last night, I was left with the impression he felt most of the fan frustration has been directed towards the wrong person. He said Joe Gibbs should be taking some of the heat for leaving Mr. Snyder and the Redskins organization in the lurch this way. Maybe had they had some idea Gibbs was just going to up-and quit, they could have had some irons in the fire.

He was almost apealing to Joe Gibbs to come back and fix this mess he's left the team in. [though he knows that's not going to happen] One lady caller went as far to say it was a mistake for Snyder to bring Gibbs back in the first place, knowing it was going to be short lived and the eventual possibility for the very situation we're faced with now.
i was listening to his show and i remember the caller your talking about. i disagree with her but i do kinda, agree with bram. i think snyder was caught completely off guard when joe quit. all along joe had been saying he was going to honor his 5 year contract, then outta the blue, he quits after year 4. it would have been nice if gibbs would have let snyder know he was thinking of quiting earlier in the year.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34391 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25