Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Zorn wants Collins back

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #31
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Then why not just give Dilfer a coaching role?
Who says he wants to coach?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
I would suggest that perhaps Zorn doesn't especially want Collins back with the team. Even the staunchest defenders of Collins would say that he is a system guy, and we are going to a new system.

Zorn probably realizes that there are a number of fans who love what Collins did for this team last year, and if he makes no effort to re-sign Todd, he will be excoriated by the fans and pundits. So he says he wants him here, but makes no strong effort to keep him. That way it's a financial issue, and he can't be raked over the coals.
I doubt that Zorn is making a decision like this based on his concern over public perception.

Nobody is going to fault a new coach for bringing in his own guys, especially at the QB postion when the new HC is a QB guru.

I think Collins really proved himself last year and he earned a lot of respect in the process. He's a smart guy and the WCO would seem to be a good fit for him. I think it would be a smart move to retain him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #33
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

no reason for collins its not his system. I'd say culpepper. then draft a late round qb
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #34
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I doubt that Zorn is making a decision like this based on his concern over public perception.

Nobody is going to fault a new coach for bringing in his own guys, especially at the QB postion when the new HC is a QB guru.

I think Collins really proved himself last year and he earned a lot of respect in the process. He's a smart guy and the WCO would seem to be a good fit for him. I think it would be a smart move to retain him.
There just might be enough teams turned off by his age to get him at a backup price.

Chances are still worse than 50/50 though.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:39 AM   #35
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

As it appears Gus is getting the axe. You would have to think Al & The Rams will try to make a run at getting Collins.


POSTED 11:58 p.m. EST, February 27, 2008

GUS GONE

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Rams will be cutting the cord on quarterback Gus Frerotte. He had been serving as the backup to Marc Bulger.

Coach Scott Linehan told Frerotte on Wednesday of the team's intent. Frerotte had been due to receive a $500,000 roster bonus.

Frerotte and Linehan had been linked for several seasons, during mutual stints in Minnesota, Miami, and finally in St. Louis.

Since joining the Redskins in 1993 as a low-round draft pick who ultimately beat out golden boy Heath Shuler, Frerotte has played for a total of seven teams. He has thrown for 19,134 yards, 102 touchdowns, and 91 interceptions in generating a passer rating of 74.3.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #36
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
As it appears Gus is getting the axe. You would have to think Al & The Rams will try to make a run at getting Collins.


POSTED 11:58 p.m. EST, February 27, 2008

GUS GONE

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Rams will be cutting the cord on quarterback Gus Frerotte. He had been serving as the backup to Marc Bulger.

Coach Scott Linehan told Frerotte on Wednesday of the team's intent. Frerotte had been due to receive a $500,000 roster bonus.

Frerotte and Linehan had been linked for several seasons, during mutual stints in Minnesota, Miami, and finally in St. Louis.

Since joining the Redskins in 1993 as a low-round draft pick who ultimately beat out golden boy Heath Shuler, Frerotte has played for a total of seven teams. He has thrown for 19,134 yards, 102 touchdowns, and 91 interceptions in generating a passer rating of 74.3.
yea, i can definately see collins going to the rams. collins, being an old veteran, probably does'nt want to have to learn a new system. i also think he has a better chance at getting in the game if he were to go to the rams, bulger is'nt among the most durable qbs in the league.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,617
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

I think the more interesting story here is actually Rosenfels (is he this year's Schaub?)

SI.com - Writers - Don Banks: Rosenfels, Collins become wanted men - Thursday February 28, 2008 5:11PM
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Zorn wants Collins back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think the more interesting story here is actually Rosenfels (is he this year's Schaub?)

SI.com - Writers - Don Banks: Rosenfels, Collins become wanted men - Thursday February 28, 2008 5:11PM
Really both stories are quite interesting, both guys especially Collins due to his age and the way he finished last year. Coming on late in their careers both in high demand.

Just think if JC would not have gone down last season, TC would have never got the chance but as the story goes TC gets a chance and plays lights out gets us into the playoffs. His stock takes off, if it weren't for JC going down who's TC.

Looks as though TC is going to reel in a nice payday very late in his career and a possible chance to start.

STLtoday - Sports - Rams
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21321 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25