Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

If what JLC is saying about Cerrato and Synder below is true, thank God that Greg Blatche and Gregg Williams had enough sense to stand up to them. I am worried if personnel decision making is back in the hands of Synder if what JLC says is actually true below...


"Blache, when working with former assistant head coach-defense Gregg Williams the past four years, put a premium on acquiring teachable players. Last season, for instance, owner Daniel Snyder and Cerrato were enamored with several veteran linemen who became available -- Simeon Rice, Sam Adams and Corey Simon, in particular. But Blache and Williams staunchly resisted acquiring those players, with age, work habits and/or selfishness an issue (none of the bunch came close to being productive in 2007)."

washingtonpost.com
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,946
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

If that is true, then our only hope is Greg Blatche, because he'll be the only one that can stand up to those two. But on the bright side, remember that Vinny has acknowledged that the blame will go to him if something goes wrong. I guess time will tell if we will see absolutely retarded moves like those go down, which I hope not. Then again JLC could just be going on his "Snyder and Cerrato" agenda again.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Or maybe this is just an indication that the front office listens to the coaches on personnel?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Or maybe this is just an indication that the front office listens to the coaches on personnel?
as they have in the past....Brunell (Gibbs), Lloyd & ARE (Saunders), Archuletta (GW). These moves were all pushed for by coaches.

I guess it's the off-season and there isn't much to write about until the combine & FA on March 1st so we pass the time with "Snyderatto" bashing.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGTIMUS PRIME View Post
Cerrato is only around because he will reinforce Snyders inability to asses talent, neither has a clue about talent evaluation.
Like all the desk jockies at the Warpath do...
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

So big time free agents hit the market, the owner is willing to spend the money to get them as they fill an immediate need on the team, the coaches say no these aren't the kind of guys we are looking for, the owner and VP both say OK, they dont get signed, and this is a problem???
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
So big time free agents hit the market, the owner is willing to spend the money to get them as they fill an immediate need on the team, the coaches say no these aren't the kind of guys we are looking for, the owner and VP both say OK, they dont get signed, and this is a problem???
Only when it's the Redskins.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Or maybe this is just an indication that the front office listens to the coaches on personnel?
heh, nice Matty. The last few weeks ive really admired you moderators, you spend a lot of time balancing discussions and being the devils advocate so both sides are represented even if its not your opinion! Keep up the great work!

Our organization, Danny boy and Vinny included, have really grown since they got here. Originally it was just danny playing madden and signing all the free agents, but later, even though it looked like we were signign everyone, it was the coachs picks not theirs. We went out and got Brandon Llyod, and yes he didtn work out, but its not like he was some big name free agent, the coachs thought he was a great young talent so we traded for him. Sometimes things dont work out but at the time it looked like we would have 'return or the smurfs' and the second coming of the greatest show on turf, but on grass, etc, etc
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

I can see people being ticked if Snyderato was signing guys against the coaches' wishes, but that's simply not the case.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. Take the drama somewhere else.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
heh, nice Matty. The last few weeks ive really admired you moderators, you spend a lot of time balancing discussions and being the devils advocate so both sides are represented even if its not your opinion! Keep up the great work!

Our organization, Danny boy and Vinny included, have really grown since they got here. Originally it was just danny playing madden and signing all the free agents, but later, even though it looked like we were signign everyone, it was the coachs picks not theirs. We went out and got Brandon Llyod, and yes he didtn work out, but its not like he was some big name free agent, the coachs thought he was a great young talent so we traded for him. Sometimes things dont work out but at the time it looked like we would have 'return or the smurfs' and the second coming of the greatest show on turf, but on grass, etc, etc
Thank you and I'm glad that people notice these things once in a while. Sometimes the mods do indeed play devil's advocate for the sake of balanced discussion and too often people misinterpret this as the mods being pro-Snyder.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I can see people being ticked if Snyderato was signing guys against the coaches' wishes, but that's simply not the case.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. Take the drama somewhere else.

what about signing assistant coachs against the coachs wishes?!?! oh wait we didnt have a coach yet that could complain, my bad

lol, just kidding, not trying to cause trouble just making a joke
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Thank you and I'm glad that people notice these things once in a while. Sometimes the mods do indeed play devil's advocate for the sake of balanced discussion and too often people misinterpret this as the mods being pro-Snyder.

yea sometimes it seems like a conflict of interest to drink the kool aid, blow snyder, want to make exceptions of who we should overpay for, and talk abotu growing through the draft at the same time as wishing we could get Spurrier to come back from college and golf, but someones gotta keep the peace!
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Anyone who really thinks Snyder and Cerrato don't listen to what coaches want should recall the Spurrier years. You can bet it wasn't either of them who were clamoring for Jacquez Green and Shane Matthews.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Anyone who really thinks Snyder and Cerrato don't listen to what coaches want should recall the Spurrier years. You can bet it wasn't either of them who were clamoring for Jacquez Green and Shane Matthews.
haha, Taylor Jacobs too...

man I forgot about shane matthews.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #15
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,115
Re: Greg Blache stands up to Cerrato and Synder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
haha, Taylor Jacobs too...

man I forgot about shane matthews.

Me too I rather not remember that time ever.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28789 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25