Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Deny Bryant Johnson Visit Scheduled

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #121
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

At about 5 pm Sirius reported that Bryant Johnson did have a visit scheduled.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #122
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Here's a multimedia video of one of the Bills apparent staff reporters interviewing Bryant Johnson this afternoon. Sounds like next stop is Redskin Park.

Multimedia - Buffalo Bills
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #123
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,506
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think both sides have expressed interest but nothing "official" was set. My gut feeling is that he liked Buffalo and wants to play there (Maybe he doesn't want the pressure of playing near home?).
Who the hell would want to go to buffalo...it was 60 degrees up here yesterday, and were bracing for an ice storm as we speak...seriously.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #124
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

sounds like he wants to shuffle up to buffalo.

see the around the web thread, the quotes in the rochester paper, if accurate, sound pretty much like the dude's made his mind up, but is going through the motions of a visit. No problem, get the big $ in buffalo w/Dock.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #125
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

anybody hear on comcast last nite that the redskins are going after deangelo hall cause they think he's the best cb out there?
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #126
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,591
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

no i havent heard that
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #127
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,988
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Who the hell would want to go to buffalo...it was 60 degrees up here yesterday, and were bracing for an ice storm as we speak...seriously.
LOL, that's why I ran as fast as I could from upstate NY.. 82 and sunny today in Ft. Lauderdale!!

I hope we take a look at him. Right now we've got a gaping hole at #2 WR that he could fill nicely..
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #128
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,561
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

i really rather not waste a ton of money on him, and i have a feeling we're not landing him for 4mill/per or less.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #129
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

I'm listening to Redskin radio for lunch. They have Vinny on answering questions. The very first question was from someone from extreme skins.

The very first question was Vinny we heard Bryant Johnson was rumored to be in DC tomorrow for interviews with the Skins?

Vinny's answer, No hes not. And right now we have NO interviews lined up.

This is just me thinking out loud.....he didn't ask if he was there yesterday or prior, but you would have to wonder if he's even in there thinking process at this point?
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #130
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I'm listening to Redskin radio for lunch. They have Vinny on answering questions. The very first question was from someone from extreme skins.

The very first question was Vinny we heard Bryant Johnson was rumored to be in DC tomorrow for interviews with the Skins?

Vinny's answer, No hes not. And right now we have NO interviews lined up.

This is just me thinking out loud.....he didn't ask if he was there yesterday or prior, but you would have to wonder if he's even in there thinking process at this point?
I've thought from the beginning that the Bryant Johnson talk was mostly generated by Bryant Johnson in an attempt to maximize any potential contract with Buffalo.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #131
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,387
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Sounds nobody is lined up in our sights at all.

Johnson's agent probably just tossed the Skins name out there to drum up false interest in his client.

I'm wondering now if we're just going to use the draft and our potential extra picks to address most of our needs, and perhaps add a FA after the June 1 cuts when we'll recognize the cap savings for Lloyd.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #132
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,561
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sounds nobody is lined up in our sights at all.

Johnson's agent probably just tossed the Skins name out there to drum up false interest in his client.

I'm wondering now if we're just going to use the draft and our potential extra picks to address most of our needs, and perhaps add a FA after the June 1 cuts when we'll recognize the cap savings for Lloyd.
whatever we do, i hope it doesn't involve giving massive contracts to jokers without track records.

hackett for value is okay... a guy like CJ or roy for big money is okay, or a draft pick is okay (though i don't think we'll land anyone i'd want at WR, and i think other needs are more important (DT, DE, OG/OT, S, CB) than a WR who wouldn't actually help us at all this season (and next season we have some room and roy is a true ufa etc).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #133
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
whatever we do, i hope it doesn't involve giving massive contracts to jokers without track records.

hackett for value is okay... a guy like CJ or roy for big money is okay, or a draft pick is okay (though i don't think we'll land anyone i'd want at WR, and i think other needs are more important (DT, DE, OG/OT, S, CB) than a WR who wouldn't actually help us at all this season (and next season we have some room and roy is a true ufa etc).
I've often shared the theory that wr's aren't productive in their rookie years, but looking at R. Williams' #s actually made me think otherwise. I can also think back to others that caught 40 or so passes. That's pretty good production. They're not going to grab 80, but if the player is good they can contribute.

I think the question is does the team feel it's that close to winning big that a true #2 or #1 wr pickup will put us that much closer? If the answer is no, then drafting one is worth the chance as they might be really good in year #2 after JC et al are more comfortable in the offense.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #134
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,561
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I've often shared the theory that wr's aren't productive in their rookie years, but looking at R. Williams' #s actually made me think otherwise. I can also think back to others that caught 40 or so passes. That's pretty good production. They're not going to grab 80, but if the player is good they can contribute.

I think the question is does the team feel it's that close to winning big that a true #2 or #1 wr pickup will put us that much closer? If the answer is no, then drafting one is worth the chance as they might be really good in year #2 after JC et al are more comfortable in the offense.
but when the cards took boldin, or the lions took williams, who where they're starting WRs (detriots previous 1st round WR is no longer in the league).

yeah, colston beat out competition to start, but when you draft a WR with the intentions of making him a #2 or #3, throw in the bust %, the chance he won't be any good for 2-3 years, and the way some other players may be able to help you immediately (CB/S/DT/LB/OG), it tempers using our #1 on a WR.

maybe the right guy is there though, but i'm pretty sure by our pick the best choices will be gone. caldwell in the 2nd wouldn't be bad though.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #135
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

JLC indicates that the Skins have never expressed any interest in Bryant Johnson and I believe that. Oh to have Larry Fitzgerald ...

Update (If You Can Call It That) - Redskins Insider
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34514 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25