Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dallas Sartz Signs with Vikings

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
Special Teams
 
Dirtyskin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newport News, Va. (757 babyyyy)
Age: 29
Posts: 215
Dallas Sartz Signs with Vikings

The Vikings recently had free agent LB Dallas Sartz in for a visit.


Sartz, a 2007 fifth-round pick, couldn't make the Redskins last year and was out of football. He'd probably be just another camp body for the Vikes.

Vikings checking into Kearse
Dirtyskin21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyskin21 View Post
The Vikings recently had free agent LB Dallas Sartz in for a visit.


Sartz, a 2007 fifth-round pick, couldn't make the Redskins last year and was out of football. He'd probably be just another camp body for the Vikes.

Vikings checking into Kearse
Thats ironic because I was just asking myself yesterday whatever happened to Dallas Sartz. I even went as far as googling him to see where he was at. I got nothing. Then you post this today. Funny.

I would have liked to have seen us give him another shot. Now all he will ever be is a wasted draft pick to us. The sad thing is that he might actually be a good player for somebody else. Only time will tell.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,923
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

Wow, we are truly scraping the bottom of the bucket when Dallas Sartz gets his own thread!! Snyderattorn, save us with a move!!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo! he'll live in my memories alweays.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

Sartz is a good athlete, but he's light & couldn't take on blocks. If he could bulk up he might make a team. I think if Vinny et al saw enough of a chance that he might crack the roster, they'd have signed him to come back to camp.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

He was doomed from the start....c'mon....he's freaking first name is DALLAS....and you draft him?

c'mon Skins...you know better than that.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,788
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
He was doomed from the start....c'mon....he's freaking first name is DALLAS....and you draft him?

c'mon Skins...you know better than that.
Well, we also drafted a "Landry"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,918
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting viking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Sartz is a good athlete, but he's light & couldn't take on blocks. If he could bulk up he might make a team. I think if Vinny et al saw enough of a chance that he might crack the roster, they'd have signed him to come back to camp.
Yeah I agree, he is not strong enough to be the SLB, but too slow to be the WLB. That fact that nobody wanted him after we cut him says it all.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
Special Teams
 
mcarey032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 215
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

I thought that he would have been good enough to make the team, but obviously not. I really liked blades. We really got a deal getting him. Sartz, I thought would have gotten serious consideration, especially on some of the preseason plays he made. The fumble return for a touchdown and a couple of other tackes. I guess that the ravens cancellation game hurt his chances.
mcarey032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

That's bad when the Giants are getting impact players in every round on their way to a Super Bowl and our 5th round pick doesn't even make the practice squad.
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
That's bad when the Giants are getting impact players in every round on their way to a Super Bowl and our 5th round pick doesn't even make the practice squad.
Don't know what/who you're calling "impact players?"
if you take a cursory glance at the history of 5th round picks in the nfl, you'll see that they are by no means a high probability of making the team.

If you can get starters in the 4th-7th rounds you're doing well IMO. Plus, the Skins did a great job last year of picking up undrafted free agents Heyer, Alexander & Chris Wilson, though he was playing in the cfl.

Recently, w/few draft picks the Skins have been able to land starters & contributors from the late rounds; Montgomery, Golston, Doughty, & Blades.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Don't know what/who you're calling "impact players?"
if you take a cursory glance at the history of 5th round picks in the nfl, you'll see that they are by no means a high probability of making the team.

If you can get starters in the 4th-7th rounds you're doing well IMO. Plus, the Skins did a great job last year of picking up undrafted free agents Heyer, Alexander & Chris Wilson, though he was playing in the cfl.

Recently, w/few draft picks the Skins have been able to land starters & contributors from the late rounds; Montgomery, Golston, Doughty, & Blades.
I pretty familiar with the history of the NFL draft... How many of the Giants picks in the 2007 draft do you think had a major impact in the playoffs and Super Bowl? How about 5th round and later?

RoundPick (Overall)PlayerPositionSchool
120 (20)Aaron RossCBTexas
219 (51)Steve SmithWRUSC
317 (81)Jay AlfordDTPenn State
417 (116)Zak DeOssieOLBBrown
516 (153)Kevin BossTEWestern Oregon
615 (189)Adam KoetsTOregon State
714 (224)Michael JohnsonSArizona
7*40 (250)Ahmad BradshawRBMarshall* - Compensatory pick
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,788
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

Sartz has signed with the Vikings.

Vikings signed Ellis Wyms as well, decent pickup.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
I pretty familiar with the history of the NFL draft... How many of the Giants picks in the 2007 draft do you think had a major impact in the playoffs and Super Bowl? How about 5th round and later?

RoundPick (Overall)PlayerPositionSchool
120 (20)Aaron RossCBTexas
219 (51)Steve SmithWRUSC
317 (81)Jay AlfordDTPenn State
417 (116)Zak DeOssieOLBBrown
516 (153)Kevin BossTEWestern Oregon
615 (189)Adam KoetsTOregon State
714 (224)Michael JohnsonSArizona
7*40 (250)Ahmad BradshawRBMarshall* - Compensatory pick
Again, these guys are hardly "impact players" IMO. If you mean good "role players" then you've made a good point.

The point of my post isn't refuted by yours; you said previously that our 5th round pick "can't even make the team" as if that's indicative of poor scouting. My point in return is that a high no. of 5th round picks don't make teams, and that's on good & bad teams. For the few low round picks that contributed on the Giants squad, I'm sure there are some 5th & 6th round picks at home that didn't make the team.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,728
Re: Dallas Sartz visiting Vikings?

On top of that, the NYG's 2006 late round picks (5th, 7th) are no longer on the team. Their late round 2005 pick (only had one pick after the 4th) is gone. From their 2004 draft, only their 1st and 2nd rounders are still here.

In that space we have hit on Blades, Montgomery & Golston. 2005 was horrible as we missed on a bunch of picks. In 2004 we missed on Molinaro and Wilson. And in 2006, we missed on our two 7th rounders.

NFL Draft History: Full Draft - by Team

We have a had a bunch of good picks and some stinkers. Fortunately, we have hit on most of our 3rd and above. Much of our poor drafting, IMO, is a direct result of having not a whole lot of picks. Hopefully, that is changing.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.52419 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25