Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Anthony Mix Is...
The Black Joe Jurevicius 41 44.09%
Chuck Norris' Pimp 16 17.20%
Randy Moss' Sensei 6 6.45%
What Jerry Rice Aspires To 7 7.53%
Your Daddy 23 24.73%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #61
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You guys just crack me up. If he had it in him he would have stepped in and stepped up last season. There is a reason why he was a part time starter in college and barely has an NFL roster spot.
There are very few recievers, that do well in there first year. Start looking up good recievers and you will find that most start to produce in their third year. People, making such definative statements about Mix, being good or bad, are forming an opion without any facts. Even, Calvin Johnson, the second player picked in the draft, did not do much his first year.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #62
Impact Rookie
 
Campbell17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Age: 21
Posts: 642
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

I dont think mix is good enough.
__________________
This time instead of some lousy joke, humerous comment, racial slur, or a famous quote, I will write small, and be the bigger person.
Campbell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #63
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
There are very few recievers, that do well in there first year. Start looking up good recievers and you will find that most start to produce in their third year. People, making such definative statements about Mix, being good or bad, are forming an opion without any facts. Even, Calvin Johnson, the second player picked in the draft, did not do much his first year.
yet that "not very much" is still about 1,000,000 times more than mix. there's a difference between not becoming an instant superstar and not even getting on the field, and i don't think i'll be comparing calvin johnson and mix anytime soon either.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #64
Impact Rookie
 
Stuck in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Age: 29
Posts: 545
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

he contributes and hes not currently overpaid... what is this thread about again?
__________________
We will miss you Sean.
RIP
1983-2007

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #65
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
yet that "not very much" is still about 1,000,000 times more than mix. there's a difference between not becoming an instant superstar and not even getting on the field, and i don't think i'll be comparing calvin johnson and mix anytime soon either.
I respect your opion on alot of things, but as far as I know, you are just another fan(not an authority on NFL personnel). I made no comparison, between Mix and Johnson. You are just attempting to belittle me, as you do to many people, when you dont share their opinion. Your point about how they should not be compared, is exactly right. What I was pointing out is, that a top talent like Calvin Johnson did not do a whole lot, in his rookie year, so why would anyone expect more from Mix. He was a project, with all the physical tools. Maybe, he is ready now.

Also, I dont agree with your opinion with B. Johnson. I think, he is exactly what we need. He is a big red zone target. Santana is our #1.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 AM   #66
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
There are very few recievers, that do well in there first year. Start looking up good recievers and you will find that most start to produce in their third year. People, making such definative statements about Mix, being good or bad, are forming an opion without any facts. Even, Calvin Johnson, the second player picked in the draft, did not do much his first year.
756 yards while spliting catches with Roy Williams (836 yds), Shaun McDonald (943 yds), and Mike Furrey (664 yds) isn't doing much? Lol, man I'd hate to be a rookie on your team witih standards like that. "Johnson get more yards then Adrian Peterson this year or else you're off the team."

I really want to find out who started Mix-Mania, because it's one of the most utterly ridiculous 1+1=2 phenomenoms I've ever seen. If I had to guess I think it might have started something like this in a land called ExtremeSkins.

Quote:
Master Cheif: Hey guyz u guyz holy shit u guyz. vinny Sirato say we need huge reciever dis offseason 4 grate justice. i find guy on roster dat r 6'5. this is such a big ****ing deal. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z give Mix shot

13 Year Old Fan: ZOMG, and he has 95 speed on Madden and hes 6 foot five. this is r guy but y so many z in please

Master Cheif: B/c i think the more z's i put in plz the more chance dan snyder r give Mix shot.

14 y/o fan: DOES ANY1 NO ANYTHING BOUT HIM CUZ HE LOOKS 1337!one!!!1!

Mstr Chief: well he r have chance to win supper b0wl w da vigiants but we sign him to practice squad and he r recover squib kick so shuizam can miss 5 inch FG >: (

semi-informed fan: he also played wit campbell at auburn could be a good fit.

Every1 else: WOW THIS IS GREAT! WE DON'T NEED TO LOOK AT ANYONE. MIX IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD lololollololololololololololo
Ok so maybe it didn't start like that but I really sometimes I wonder if the our fanbase is smoking rocks. Theres a huge difference to me between giving a guy a shot, and annointing someone as a savior for a particular need. In this case a possible #1 Reciever that Cerato and Dan Snyder are looking for.

Ironically if you guys really want Mix to play then your best chance would be for us to sign Hacket. With Hackets history of injuries we might need to carry an extra reciever or two on the roster. But seriously this whole Mix thing has me dumb founded.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #67
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I respect your opion on alot of things, but as far as I know, you are just another fan(not an authority on NFL personnel). I made no comparison, between Mix and Johnson. You are just attempting to belittle me, as you do to many people, when you dont share their opinion. Your point about how they should not be compared, is exactly right. What I was pointing out is, that a top talent like Calvin Johnson did not do a whole lot, in his rookie year, so why would anyone expect more from Mix. He was a project, with all the physical tools. Maybe, he is ready now.

Also, I dont agree with your opinion with B. Johnson. I think, he is exactly what we need. He is a big red zone target. Santana is our #1.
having a difference of opinion and thinking a guy that had trouble staying on a practice squad should be our "guy" are two different things.

this mix stuff is closer to the "let's bring lavar back" and "how come ramsey never got a shot" arguments than anything else. I'm sorry i'm not allowed to bring up "facts" like Ca J's 756yds vs mix's 0 and say that i wouldn't compare them after you just used Ca J as an example of why mix should get a shot without proving to the coaches first that he even deserves to get on the field.

if you'd like to argue facts, i'd love to discuss this further, but there really aren't many beyond "mix is 6'5" and that's the only reason he should start"

if i've missed something, please let me know, but crying foul and saying Ca J didn't do much isn't exactly true. there are lots of 6'5" 4.4 guys at local gyms that aren't going to be great WRs either. i just think this hype is unreal.

my response isn't just for you, because there are LOTS of people hyping this guy, and maybe he'll be a decent player eventually, but too many people are talking about him like he's about to put up 1500 yards after being a part time college player without a great track record.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #68
The Starter
 
EXoffender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 1,046
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Watching that playoff game against SEA... Hackett is no better than Caldwell. Let's look to the draft for a #2 WR.
EXoffender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #69
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
756 yards while spliting catches with Roy Williams (836 yds), Shaun McDonald (943 yds), and Mike Furrey (664 yds) isn't doing much? Lol, man I'd hate to be a rookie on your team witih standards like that. "Johnson get more yards then Adrian Peterson this year or else you're off the team."

I really want to find out who started Mix-Mania, because it's one of the most utterly ridiculous 1+1=2 phenomenoms I've ever seen. If I had to guess I think it might have started something like this in a land called ExtremeSkins.



Ok so maybe it didn't start like that but I really sometimes I wonder if the our fanbase is smoking rocks. Theres a huge difference to me between giving a guy a shot, and annointing someone as a savior for a particular need. In this case a possible #1 Reciever that Cerato and Dan Snyder are looking for.

Ironically if you guys really want Mix to play then your best chance would be for us to sign Hacket. With Hackets history of injuries we might need to carry an extra reciever or two on the roster. But seriously this whole Mix thing has me dumb founded.
LOL LOL LOL

Oh my friggin GOD, that was funny. Matty and SS, get this guy on the payroll because that Extreme conversation was comedic genius!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #70
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I respect your opion on alot of things, but as far as I know, you are just another fan(not an authority on NFL personnel). I made no comparison, between Mix and Johnson. You are just attempting to belittle me, as you do to many people, when you dont share their opinion. Your point about how they should not be compared, is exactly right. What I was pointing out is, that a top talent like Calvin Johnson did not do a whole lot, in his rookie year, so why would anyone expect more from Mix. He was a project, with all the physical tools. Maybe, he is ready now.

Also, I dont agree with your opinion with B. Johnson. I think, he is exactly what we need. He is a big red zone target. Santana is our #1.
I didn't see That Guy as belittling you on that one, might want to tone down the sensitivity.

And he's right. Calvin Johnson had a darn good rookie season in that offense. Anthony Mix never friggin plays.

How you can even compare their talent, nevermind production, is beyond me. One is super fast, the other is kind of sorta fast. One is quick as a cat, the other is slow as molasses when coming in and out of breaks.

Besides his height and his half-decent speed, can I ask you to please identify what you think makes Anthony Mix a starting caliber WR?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXoffender View Post
Watching that playoff game against SEA... Hackett is no better than Caldwell. Let's look to the draft for a #2 WR.
can't agree w/that, Hackett looked good in that game. Took it to Springs early, then split the zone for the go ahead td. He had 6 catches for 101 on us.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #72
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXoffender View Post
Watching that playoff game against SEA... Hackett is no better than Caldwell. Let's look to the draft for a #2 WR.
Sometimes I simply disagree with comments. But this one is just flat out wrong.

Hackett is significantly better than Reche Caldwell.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Here's the reason Mix was signed: He has a history with our starter, so they were hoping they'd have some chemistry without having to sacrifice practice reps for our top-tier players. That's it.

Is he a valuable member of our team? Depends on your criteria. He's a special teams contributor, that gives him some value. He's paid next to nothing (in NFL terms). I think all but a few people will say that Mix was more valuable than Lloyd by those terms.

Of the receivers currently on roster, Mix probably isn't a starter. That doesn't mean that someone who is 6'5", runs a 4.5 40, and plays special teams fairly well for the league minimum is in a great deal of danger.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #74
Impact Rookie
 
redwagonskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 685
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

As I said in the Hackett thread: Where is this Anthony Mix nonsense coming from? Does he come up big in Madden or something? Are we talking about the same Mix who has 3 catches in 3 years in the NFL? The same guy who had 288 yards receiving his Senior years and 294 yards his Junior year? Is this what we've come to around here?

Sure some guys take time to develop as NFL talent but most showed a lot of talent at least in college! His Junior year Courtney Taylor, Ronnie Brown (RB!), Ben Obomanu, Devin Aromashodu, and Cooper Wallace ALL had more receiving yards. His Senior year Obomanu and Aramashodu both had more yards.

As much as I'd love for the guy to be the next Jerry Rice, give it a break. Hopefully the guy becomes a good special teamer and 3rd/4th receiver. He has never shown any more than that.
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #75
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Anthony Mix Must Be Our Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If you're counting on the tiny likelihood that an Antonio Pierce situation is going to repeat itself with Anthony Mix, then you're doing a poor job of planning out your roster.

Those are rare finds. You give them a chance to earn jobs in camp, but if you're EXPECTING them to develop into a starter, as a GM you should be fired.

If you feel you have a hole at WR, you need to make a move cap-permitting. And the cap permits in this instance.
The only reason I made that comparison was to show that sometimes guys who you think are nothing more than scrubs, rise above and become good players in the NFL. I'm not saying Mix is the next A.P., far from it. I don't personally care if Mix ends up being worthless or if he becomes a good player for us, because I'm not on the "Mix is our guy" bandwagon.

It just sounds to me like you refuse to believe that some guy who you don't have a great impression of has the ability to cut it in this league. Besides what you have really seen of AM to give you this impression? You are just going off what you've heard, which is really to say nothing at all because there haven't been any reports of any kind about how Mix is faring in the NFL so far. Let me say again I'm not on the "Mix is the next Rice" bandwagon, but I'm not ruling it completely out that some day in this league he could be a productive player. And when I say productive player I'm not implying a productive starter, simply a guy who can contribute moreso than other guys at his position.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47099 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25