Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #91
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

yeah this is a pretty vague subject..Thats like me saying look out for a rain in a few months okay? He's just stating what we all know. There is normally a trade worth talking about during draft time
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #92
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I think most people get the impression by the way he was publicly talking about and criticizing his team's coach last season, but by the end of the season, he was proven right when the coach QUIT because he couldn't handle the job.

He does have an outgoing attitude and that doesn't work well when things aren't going well.

I'm not sure I want him on the Skins but he's not a "cancer" like some people say. If anything, he was sticking up for the team last year, even if he didn't pick the right way to do it.

WaPo reports we were interested, but I don't see it happening:



Update (If You Can Call It That) - Redskins Insider
THe fact that Petrino quit didn't "prove him right", it just made them both look like jerks.

As for Jay Glazer, this guy was on the radio AFTER Farve retired saying he had the story the day BEFORE it was broken by ESPN. He may be in fact "well connected" but that and floating "huge trade" with no details is gutless reporting.
lwiedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #93
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,413
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwiedy View Post
THe fact that Petrino quit didn't "prove him right", it just made them both look like jerks.

As for Jay Glazer, this guy was on the radio AFTER Farve retired saying he had the story the day BEFORE it was broken by ESPN. He may be in fact "well connected" but that and floating "huge trade" with no details is gutless reporting.
maybe huge trade is just referring to the players, some big fat dlinemen, not a starter, but hes huge!
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #94
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

could it be Anquan Boldin I read this on profootball talk an awesome site...Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract.

Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #95
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
could it be Anquan Boldin I read this on profootball talk an awesome site...Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract.

Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.
This is what Eknox is referring to...

ProFootballTalk.com
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #96
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,638
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
There isn't much info but all he said was to wait and see in the next couple of weeks
Any chance you started this based on this thread from March 4 on prosportsdaily.com?

According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works - ProSportsDaily Forums
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:44 AM   #97
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Any chance you started this based on this thread from March 4 on prosportsdaily.com?

According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works - ProSportsDaily Forums
Nope I heard it on the radio
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #98
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,638
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
Nope I heard it on the radio
When did you hear it?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #99
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
could it be Anquan Boldin I read this on profootball talk an awesome site...

PFT has a reputation for making up CRAZY rumors that are nowhere near the truth.

We usually don't take their reports seriously around here.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #100
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
PFT has a reputation for making up CRAZY rumors that are nowhere near the truth.

We usually don't take their reports seriously around here.
If a rumor in the Rumor Mill has not been confirmed they will tell you that, hintz the words Rumor Mill..everyone has the right to there own sites, that's just my opinion on the site and I love it..
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #101
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,958
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
If a rumor in the Rumor Mill has not been confirmed they will tell you that, hintz the words Rumor Mill..everyone has the right to there own sites, that's just my opinion on the site and I love it..

yeah and most of their "rumors" have no base what so ever
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #102
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,853
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
yeah and most of their "rumors" have no base what so ever
Agreed with this...I typically just read stuff that PFT gets from other sites, but their own rumors are typically way off.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #103
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

everyone has the right to there own sites, that's just my opinion on the site and I love it
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #104
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

almost like reading the national enquire?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #105
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,638
Re: According to Jay Glazer a HUGE Trade is in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGale View Post
Ya know, Ive seen some of you guys say this over and over again. PFT is the "rumor mill." Emphasis on rumor. Often it is right on the money, but no one acknowledges the rumors that pan out.
PFT's own rumors (the one where they don't source others) is not usually on-base. But they are a great aggregator of rumors from around the Internet world. They are good for that, but what they don't do much of is edit what they distribute to the masses. There is no filter between the information that comes into them and what goes out (as is the case with most media). They just put everything out there.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35154 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25