Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

2 years, $6 million supposedly

ESPN - Veteran running back Dunn signs with Buccaneers - NFL

Bucs also signed Antonio Bryant
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Special Teams
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 277
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Nice...looks like he'll finish up there and retire a Buc. Wonder if Alstott will come back now? haha
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

good for him. I am glad he will finish up where he started out at
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

The Bucs are stupid for paying him that. He's not worth it.

On the flip side, Antonio Bryant could be a steal.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,330
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Maybe they can manage to get a little something out of him his second time around. I'm not real sure about Bryant though.

I guess we'll see. We probably have to play them next year.
At their place. Just like the last 3 years. lol
__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Is it just me or was free agencythis year nothing more than a show case of soon to be retired players?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Well, the last time Dunn had a season with an average ypc of 3.2, he followed it up with a 4.6 ypc, 1133 yard, 8 td season.

Not likely here, just saying.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, the last time Dunn had a season with an average ypc of 3.2, he followed it up with a 4.6 ypc, 1133 yard, 8 td season.

Not likely here, just saying.
I do not understand why the Bucs would want him. They have a decent group already (when healthy). I couldn't understand why Seattle wanted Duckett either. I have a feeling that Alexander and Duckett will not be there (Seattle) long.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #9
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,314
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
The Bucs are stupid for paying him that. He's not worth it.

On the flip side, Antonio Bryant could be a steal.
I think you are completely wrong.

Cadillac Williams can't stay healthy and is coming back from a knee injury.
Warrick Dunn is older but he hasn't missed a game in the last 4 years.
Over that time he has averaged over a 1000 yards a year.
Last year he had an off year with 700 yards and a 3.2 ypc average but you also have to consider he was playing on a team with a horrible coach, No offensive line, No QB, and all the media distractions they had to deal with.
Tampa is paying for a guy that can get a 1000 yards if he has to and is also loved and respected by every single player in the locker room and every person in the stands.
The other notable RB on the team is Michael Bennet and he hasn't had a solid year since 2002. He is another guy that cannot stay healthy.
I like dunn, You know exactly what you are going to get from him.


I can't deny Bryant has alot of talent but he's never been a solid player. Maybe he will realize that he is one screw up from being out of the league and will focus and develop into the player he should have been, I wouldn't bet on it.
He is another Brandon Lloyd, Curtis Ennis, David Terrell, and Anthony Thomas.
The only thing he has proved is that he is a locker room cancer and has a substance abuse problem. I thought he figured things out in Cleveland...
The only plus for his is that he is going to play under Gruden. If he is going to succeed, that is that is the coach who can get him to play to his potential.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,465
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Between Williams, Graham and now Dunn, they have 3 solid RBs to carry the load during the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Bennett cut at some point. Dunn is only 33, and since he hasn't taken a beating during his career (not many goal line opportunities with Alstott and Duckett around), he's still got plenty in the tank for at least another season or 2.

Bigger signing than Antonio Bryant is Ben Troupe. Solidify the TE spot with 2 guys capable of 50 catch seasons (Alex Smith is their current starter, has 108 catches in 3 years).
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I think you are completely wrong.

Cadillac Williams can't stay healthy and is coming back from a knee injury.
Warrick Dunn is older but he hasn't missed a game in the last 4 years.
Over that time he has averaged over a 1000 yards a year.
Last year he had an off year with 700 yards and a 3.2 ypc average but you also have to consider he was playing on a team with a horrible coach, No offensive line, No QB, and all the media distractions they had to deal with.
Tampa is paying for a guy that can get a 1000 yards if he has to and is also loved and respected by every single player in the locker room and every person in the stands.
The other notable RB on the team is Michael Bennet and he hasn't had a solid year since 2002. He is another guy that cannot stay healthy.
I like dunn, You know exactly what you are going to get from him.


I can't deny Bryant has alot of talent but he's never been a solid player. Maybe he will realize that he is one screw up from being out of the league and will focus and develop into the player he should have been, I wouldn't bet on it.
He is another Brandon Lloyd, Curtis Ennis, David Terrell, and Anthony Thomas.
The only thing he has proved is that he is a locker room cancer and has a substance abuse problem. I thought he figured things out in Cleveland...
The only plus for his is that he is going to play under Gruden. If he is going to succeed, that is that is the coach who can get him to play to his potential.
I think you forgot the leading rusher on the team, Earnest Graham. In 10 starts he had 898 yards and 10 tds.
So, Dunn just joined a backfield that is already crowded and hungry for touches.
1- Earnest Graham
2- Michael Pittman
3- Cadillac Williams (will be back in October - November)
4- Michael Bennett
5- Warrick Dunn

They are going to carry ALL these guys???


In antonio bryant...he's cheap and wanting to show what he can do. He could be a good pickup...he could be a bad pickup. I am thinking he'll be a good one given that the Bucs need WR's and he will likely get a lot of touches.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

He's a quality back-up once Caddy williams goes down(and he will go down). I think he'll be okay.
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I think you forgot the leading rusher on the team, Earnest Graham. In 10 starts he had 898 yards and 10 tds.
So, Dunn just joined a backfield that is already crowded and hungry for touches.
1- Earnest Graham
2- Michael Pittman
3- Cadillac Williams (will be back in October - November)
4- Michael Bennett
5- Warrick Dunn

They are going to carry ALL these guys???
Out of that list, I would cut Bennett and/or Pittman. Maybe keep Pittman around to return kicks, but if Cadillac won't be back until mid(ish)-season then may carry 5 and then waive 1 when he's healthy.

As is, I'd take Dunn over Pittman or Bennett.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

I think its a good signing, having two backs is important these days, and if whomever said Cadi isnt coming back until oct/nov then they need him even more so. i think hes still a good back, his team sucked last year.

And the real question is, will he give me that platinum chain he always wears!!!
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #15
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Bucs Sign RB Warrick Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Out of that list, I would cut Bennett and/or Pittman. Maybe keep Pittman around to return kicks, but if Cadillac won't be back until mid(ish)-season then may carry 5 and then waive 1 when he's healthy.

As is, I'd take Dunn over Pittman or Bennett.
well, in theory that would work...but they are all signed to play right now.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29108 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25