Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,756
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Hackett was offered a deal so.. Potentially him too..?
He's also considering Carolina and Tampa Bay, who could potentially overpay him.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

this is a one year deal. bryant didn't get the huge deal he thought he would, so i assume he's just going to put in a year starting and hope for the best.

minnesota's been looking at thomas btw, so there's a chance he goes at 17. bucs still like kelly, and SS says the bills are really looking at WR now.

SO, those guys are gone for our purposes (the vikes need a DE pretty bad too, so they'll be screwing us either way).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
He's also considering Carolina and Tampa Bay, who could potentially overpay him.
rumor is hackett would prefer carolina as the best chance to win a superbowl next year. i don't see it, but a healthy delhomme really does help them.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #19
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

So they're missing key defensive players from FA, lose Kris Jenkins and expect to still be Super Bowl contenders?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #20
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,451
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
So they're missing key defensive players from FA, lose Kris Jenkins and expect to still be Super Bowl contenders?
Crazier things have happened.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #21
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
rumor is hackett would prefer carolina as the best chance to win a superbowl next year. i don't see it, but a healthy delhomme really does help them.
When Jake Dellhome was healthy last year he just threw it up perfectly to the 5'9 Steve Smith, imagine how dangerous they would be with a 6'2 guy with some pretty good speed.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #22
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

He got a 2 million 1 year deal
That is good for the Skins in terms of contract negotiations....i doubt they will pay more than 3 mil/yr for Hackett or others...phew

"Johnson, who has spent his career playing behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in the desert, signed a one-year deal with the 49ers on Friday worth roughly $2 million. "

RealGM Football: San Francisco - Grading The Deal: 49ers Add WR Johnson
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
He got a 2 million 1 year deal
That is good for the Skins in terms of contract negotiations....i doubt they will pay more than 3 mil/yr for Hackett or others...phew

"Johnson, who has spent his career playing behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in the desert, signed a one-year deal with the 49ers on Friday worth roughly $2 million. "

RealGM Football: San Francisco - Grading The Deal: 49ers Add WR Johnson
What's also a good sign is that Hackett left Carolina without a offer. Heres a link:Hackett leaves town without offer
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:31 AM   #24
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,756
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
rumor is hackett would prefer carolina as the best chance to win a superbowl next year. i don't see it, but a healthy delhomme really does help them.
I don't see it either...Delhomme was a good QB (he gave me some good fantasy points while healthy) but the previous year when he was healthy they still went 8-8. So I dunno a team that has gone two years without a playoff appearance be a contender. If he had said TB or maybe even us (two teams that made the playoffs) it would make some sense.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 AM   #25
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't see it either...Delhomme was a good QB (he gave me some good fantasy points while healthy) but the previous year when he was healthy they still went 8-8. So I dunno a team that has gone two years without a playoff appearance be a contender. If he had said TB or maybe even us (two teams that made the playoffs) it would make some sense.
what would make more sense (about the whole hackett wants a contender thing) is if he stayed in seattle.

but maybe being inside the league you have a different (possibly incorrect) view of things.

that said, the 49ers got a 1 year steal on johnson, though it's not going to help them out of the cellar.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #26
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't see it either...Delhomme was a good QB (he gave me some good fantasy points while healthy) but the previous year when he was healthy they still went 8-8. So I dunno a team that has gone two years without a playoff appearance be a contender. If he had said TB or maybe even us (two teams that made the playoffs) it would make some sense.
In that year when they went 8-8 they had a lot of defensive injuries to guys like Peppers,Morgan,Rucker,and Jenkins, so you can't really blame the offense for that.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #27
Impact Rookie
 
Stuck in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Age: 28
Posts: 545
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

How many different QB's started in Carolina last season? I think it was all three- Delhomme, Carr, and Testaverde... Delhomme cant stay healthy, Carr is now our problem in NY, and Testaverde just tranfered to a retirement village in Miami Dade awaiting election 2008 in November. Am I missing someone??? Although I believe Carolina is a probable destination for Hackett b/c of the teams desperate need of WR's, I think they should be focused more on who will run that huddle!
__________________
We will miss you Sean.
RIP
1983-2007

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #28
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: 49ers Sign WR Bryant Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in TX View Post
How many different QB's started in Carolina last season? I think it was all three- Delhomme, Carr, and Testaverde... Delhomme cant stay healthy, Carr is now our problem in NY, and Testaverde just tranfered to a retirement village in Miami Dade awaiting election 2008 in November. Am I missing someone??? Although I believe Carolina is a probable destination for Hackett b/c of the teams desperate need of WR's, I think they should be focused more on who will run that huddle!
You forgot the undrafted rookie free agent that started a few games, Matt Moore. Jake Dellhomme has been a started for 5 years and in those five years he has 16 games, now you probably think 16 is a lot but 13 of those came last year when he hurt his arm and he only missed 3 starts the year before that.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27520 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25