Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Darrell Jackson?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #16
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Whats the knock on this guy besides past injury?
any stuff like route running, drops, toughness, attitude, work ethic?
or just physical things like speed, size, age?
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I say stick with the guys we have. Having six or seven guys that can play reciever is more then enough in my eyes. Plus we still have a big target in Cooley. However considering we haven't heard anything yet then I'll guess that the drafting of Sweed and Thomas in the first or Jordy in the second will become a real possiblity.
Wow, just imagining Santana Moss, ARE, Limas Sweed, and Jordy Nelson is awesome, we would be such an explosive team throwing the ball.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #18
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Whats the knock on this guy besides past injury?
any stuff like route running, drops, toughness, attitude, work ethic?
or just physical things like speed, size, age?
I don't really think age is a very big problem because 29 isnt too bad, his speed is decent not amazing but decent, but the problem that I had with him was the size issue, whether its that hes 5'11 or 6'0, I still think we need a guy like Limas Sweed who's 6'4.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,530
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
Wow, just imagining Santana Moss, ARE, Limas Sweed, and Jordy Nelson is awesome, we would be such an explosive team throwing the ball.

Grrrrrrrrrr To many Receivers.
__________________
6.67×10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Grrrrrrrrrr To many Receivers.
Maybe that guy that said I was Matt Millen was right lol.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #21
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,883
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Jackson is a pretty good receiver. The only real issue with him has always been injuries. He would definitely add some quality to our WR corps and seeing how he knows the West Coast offence it wouldn't hurt to bring him in. He isn't dirt old yet so he might command a bit more money than a vets minimum. Oh and he runs great routes and has sure hands (except for that awful 2003 season when the entire Hawks WR corps had butter on their fingers).

I give bringing him in two thumbs up. I would certainly take Jackson over D.J. Hackett.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,638
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Jackson is a pretty good receiver. The only real issue with him has always been injuries. He would definitely add some quality to our WR corps and seeing how he knows the West Coast offence it wouldn't hurt to bring him in. He isn't dirt old yet so he might command a bit more money than a vets minimum. Oh and he runs great routes and has sure hands (except for that awful 2003 season when the entire Hawks WR corps had butter on their fingers).

I give bringing him in two thumbs up. I would certainly take Jackson over D.J. Hackett.
He's not the "big" receiver we're rumored to want, but overall I agree that he's a better receiver than DJ (the other DJ)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #23
Camp Scrub
 
SKINFANFOLIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Jackson still gets enough respect from opposing defenses. It would open more up for Moss and EL. I wouldn't mind signing him. i think patience pays off because teams are still releasing quality players. Wr would still need to be adressed through the draft.
SKINFANFOLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,266
Re: Darrell Jackson?

jackson's definitely worth a look.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Jackson was the seahawks best reciever on that super bowl team. Remember the td that got called back?

He was definitely a dangerous reciever, but not sure handed. Maybe he's improved in that area, but there was a time when he had his share of drops as someone mentioned.

I think Zorn would want to bring him in to compete for a spot, but 1) we're still trying to re-sign Caldwell, who doesn't play spec. teams, and 2) there's got to be a reason the 49ers cut him after only 1 year & signed I. bruce.

I can't see us keeping Caldwell & signing Jackson unless they decide not to draft a day 1 wr.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #26
Camp Scrub
 
goingdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 46
Re: Darrell Jackson?

he overated no thanks
goingdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Jackson was the seahawks best reciever on that super bowl team. Remember the td that got called back?

He was definitely a dangerous reciever, but not sure handed. Maybe he's improved in that area, but there was a time when he had his share of drops as someone mentioned.

I think Zorn would want to bring him in to compete for a spot, but 1) we're still trying to re-sign Caldwell, who doesn't play spec. teams, and 2) there's got to be a reason the 49ers cut him after only 1 year & signed I. bruce.

I can't see us keeping Caldwell & signing Jackson unless they decide not to draft a day 1 wr.
I agree with you, and I think that we will not get back Reche Caldwell because if he hasnt taken that offer yet that means he has doubts, and that isnt good, I hope we draft Jordy Nelson and Limas Sweed, and that we dont sign Jackson because as you said he has dropped his fair share of balls.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,638
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
I agree with you, and I think that we will not get back Reche Caldwell because if he hasnt taken that offer yet that means he has doubts, and that isnt good, I hope we draft Jordy Nelson and Limas Sweed, and that we dont sign Jackson because as you said he has dropped his fair share of balls.
There's no rush for Reche to sign, so I'm not too worried about that.

As for drafting Nelson and Sweed, if we do that that would mean spending probably 2 of your first 3 picks on WR and that seems like a waste to me.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #29
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Darrell Jackson?

If we don't get Hackett I would like to have Jackson. He shouldn't cost too much money.
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #30
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Darrell Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He's not the "big" receiver we're rumored to want, but overall I agree that he's a better receiver than DJ (the other DJ)
Smootsmack,
I value your opinion here, but I'm suprised by this statement.
Why would you say Jackson is better than Hackett?
I hear Jackson has had issues with drops throughout his career...even last year, and we are looking for a sure handed 2nd or 3rd receiver that can take a hit.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30420 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25