Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Hackett to decide today 3/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
D.J. Hackett

Updated - Scout.com's Adam Caplan reports the Panthers and WR D.J. Hackett have reached agreement on a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

Just heard the same on Redskin radio. D.J lands deal with the Panthers.

I'm semi surprised if this was the guy the Skins wanted they didn't land him. But, I don't know what the contract details where that the Skins offered?

However, it seems to be a reasonable offer for D.J., and IF he stays healthy it's a really good deal for the Panthers.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Hackett to decide today 3/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
D.J. Hackett

Updated - Scout.com's Adam Caplan reports the Panthers and WR D.J. Hackett have reached agreement on a two-year, $3.5 million contract.
If this turns out to be accurate, the folks in Seattle & Zorn must not be very impressed, even though he put up some good numbers when healthy. Or there's a lot more to the recurring ankle injury.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #18
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,525
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Good he would have been a injury risk anyway & that's more money in our pockets
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

I may be in the minority but I am very happy Hackett will not be getting paid by the Skins next year. His injuries are too much of a concern, imo. Still, the panthers definitely got him for a good price.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #20
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

3.5 mil for 2 years?
hmmm...I thought we'd offer him at least 2.
Oh well...looks like one of the below needs will not be addressed in the first 4 picks
DE, DT, OL, CB.

ouch.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

The Panthers got a steal in my opinion.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,465
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

I would think JZ is on the inside track with this guy? I would prefer them to be to conservative rather than pissin' away more B Lloyd deals
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #23
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I would think JZ is on the inside track with this guy? I would prefer them to be to conservative rather than pissin' away more B Lloyd deals
This aint no Lloyd player...nor was it close to Lloyd money.
We may be kicking ourselves with this one....hard to know.
But we may get lucky paying a rookie this much and hoping our existing lines can hold up another year.

I dont see any other possible FA WR that can help us....

I guess we have 2 options now....use a draft pick, or trade a draft pick for a WR....in either case, we are down a draft pick
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
The Starter
 
EXoffender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 1,046
Re: Hackett to decide today 3/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not a huge fan, but signing him would free us up to take care of more needs in the draft.
Ditto. I came to my senses after watching that playoff game agaonst SEA that Hackett is nothing special. He and Caldwell are very similiar route runners.
EXoffender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

When I was listening to Redskins Radio at 1200, it seemed as if the injuries were not a concern for us. In fact the phrase used was something like " Zorn and the Redskins didn't even work Hackett out because they were not worried about injuries and they already knew what they would be getting". That is not the actual quote I am paraphrasing what Larry Michael said on the show.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
When I was listening to Redskins Radio at 1200, it seemed as if the injuries were not a concern for us. In fact the phrase used was something like " Zorn and the Redskins didn't even work Hackett out because they were not worried about injuries and they already knew what they would be getting". That is not the actual quote I am paraphrasing what Larry Michael said on the show.
So what is your point?
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #27
The Starter
 
EXoffender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 1,046
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
When I was listening to Redskins Radio at 1200, it seemed as if the injuries were not a concern for us. In fact the phrase used was something like " Zorn and the Redskins didn't even work Hackett out because they were not worried about injuries and they already knew what they would be getting". That is not the actual quote I am paraphrasing what Larry Michael said on the show.
I think the reason we didn't throw a ton of cash at him is because he was sought as kind of a 'fall back' option anyway.
EXoffender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #28
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Hackett to decide today 3/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXoffender View Post
Ditto. I came to my senses after watching that playoff game agaonst SEA that Hackett is nothing special. He and Caldwell are very similiar route runners.
For the sake of draft picks...I am now officially on the resign caldwell bandwagon.
I dont want to waste a top pick on a WR
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #29
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

According to Hacketts agent and ESPN, he chose Carolina over Seattle, Washington and Tampa Bay and that Hackett recieved only a "minimum salary offer from the Redskins."

ESPN - Panthers agree to two-year deal with WR Hackett - NFL
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #30
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
So what is your point?

There were a couple of people that were under the impression that the Skins were worried about him being injury prone when actually they were not.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27873 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25