Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #61
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,135
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I also don't see the team taking a WR in the first when we just extended both Moss and ARE this offseason. Not in the first, but potentially later in the draft, I could see them going there.
Lol, extensions only mean so much these days. I remember Mike Schula got an extension the week before he was fired. There were also two other guys that got fired soon after they're contract was extended. However with that said I don't see us unloading those guys anytime soon.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #62
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Seeing that Seattle was a pass first team this season and with all the injuries to their recieving core I am not suprised he got those yards at all.
That's a very good point. Seattle was a pass first offense, with a veteran quarterback that spread the ball around. So stats were there to be had. That doesn't necessarily mean that D.J. Hackett was all that good. If Jason Campbell can adjust to the new offense, I see Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle-EL's numbers increasing. Resigning Reche Caldwell might be the best option. He is a very capable receiver and would be a good third option. I'm also hoping Mix steps up and becomes a viable option.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #63
Special Teams
 
Dirtyskin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newport News, Va. (757 babyyyy)
Age: 29
Posts: 215
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast
First of all, TD's is the most important recieving stat, I don't care how many field goals a reciever sets up, a TD is more important. Second of all, TD's isnt his only stat where he is good. Over 7 games played (including the playoff game) he had 38 receptions (that's 5.5 receptions per game which is under 1 reception per game less than Keyshawns 102 catches) he also had 485 yards over 7 games played. That is averaging 70 yards per game. Santana Moss had 67 receptions over 15 games played (including the playoff game). That is 4.5 receptions per game, which is a larger difference from Hackett than Hackett was from Johnson. Moss had 876 yards over 15 games played which is 58 yards per game. That is 12 yards less than Hackett.


Moss played 15 games so of course his numbers are gonna be lower than hacketts.. His average is gonna change everytime he touches the ball. thats like saying Cartwright is a better RB than portis because he had a 7.0 ypc average as a RB.

But he only ran the ball once, for 7.0 yards, sio of cours his average is gonna be larger than portis's.

I dont agree with your arguement at all
Dirtyskin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyskin21 View Post
Moss played 15 games so of course his numbers are gonna be lower than hacketts.. His average is gonna change everytime he touches the ball. thats like saying Cartwright is a better RB than portis because he had a 7.0 ypc average as a RB.

But he only ran the ball once, for 7.0 yards, sio of cours his average is gonna be larger than portis's.

I dont agree with your arguement at all
Thank you! It's like saying Mattyk started 81 games and hit 35 homeruns, but DirtySkin had 1 homerun in 1 game played so clearly he would have hit 81 in 81 games.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #65
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyskin21 View Post
Moss played 15 games so of course his numbers are gonna be lower than hacketts.. His average is gonna change everytime he touches the ball. thats like saying Cartwright is a better RB than portis because he had a 7.0 ypc average as a RB.

But he only ran the ball once, for 7.0 yards, sio of cours his average is gonna be larger than portis's.

I dont agree with your arguement at all
Absolutely agree with you! Good arguement.

ps- Moss played in 14 games (just an FYI)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #66
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Lol, extensions only mean so much these days. I remember Mike Schula got an extension the week before he was fired. There were also two other guys that got fired soon after they're contract was extended. However with that said I don't see us unloading those guys anytime soon.
Among one of the things it does mean is known as "guarenteed money" or "guarenteed salary cap space" or basically, the inability to get away from those players as your starters.

Basically, it means we aren't drafting a receiver in the first round.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Report: Hackett Agrees to Terms with Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
That's a very good point. Seattle was a pass first offense, with a veteran quarterback that spread the ball around. So stats were there to be had. That doesn't necessarily mean that D.J. Hackett was all that good. If Jason Campbell can adjust to the new offense, I see Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle-EL's numbers increasing. Resigning Reche Caldwell might be the best option. He is a very capable receiver and would be a good third option. I'm also hoping Mix steps up and becomes a viable option.
It definately doesn't automatically mean that Hackett got those yards because he was good (certainly it could have been because of circumstance), but in Hackett's case, he had performed well not only last year, but also in '05 and '06. He's a very safe pickup for Carolina.

Plus he won the MNF Fish Catching contest in 2005. Of course he's going to be good .
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.18326 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25