Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Saints After Shockey?!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
The Starter
 
Warpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,762
Saints After Shockey?!

PER PFT: ProFootballTalk.com - SAINTS STILL AFTER SHOCKEY?
SAINTS STILL AFTER SHOCKEY?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2008, 8:33 p.m.
Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, acting on the advice of Peter King in his MMQB column, has done some sniffing around regarding the interest of the New Orleans Saints in Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey.

Per Garafolo, the Saints previously offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper. The Giants said, “No thanks.”

The real question is whether the Saints will try again. King apparently thinks they will. Based on some of the things we’ve heard on the grapevine, we agree.

As always, stay tuned.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
The Starter
 
Warpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,762
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Honestly it seemed like the Giants were better once he went down. I wonder if they would ever let him go? I wouldn't be upset if he left the east.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,479
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

I respect Shockey as a player and I wouldn't mind not playing against him twice a year
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
PER PFT: ProFootballTalk.com - SAINTS STILL AFTER SHOCKEY?
SAINTS STILL AFTER SHOCKEY?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2008, 8:33 p.m.
Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, acting on the advice of Peter King in his MMQB column, has done some sniffing around regarding the interest of the New Orleans Saints in Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey.

Per Garafolo, the Saints previously offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper. The Giants said, “No thanks.”

The real question is whether the Saints will try again. King apparently thinks they will. Based on some of the things we’ve heard on the grapevine, we agree.

As always, stay tuned.
That's really not a bad deal for him.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #5
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,504
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Their offense is fine. It's their defense that needs fine tuning. As long as they have Drew Brees at QB they'll be fine. If I worked for the Saints I would be looking over my offensive line and looking for Defensive players to help me out on the other side of the ball. To me it almost looks like the Saints are going in the same direction as the Rams did during the end of the Mike Martz era. Ironically I might also look for a Running Back in the 2nd or 3rd round, of course thats a little to general.

Besides we need Shockey to distract Eli Manning next year.
__________________
6.67×10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,058
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Well, they did win it all with him on the bench, check that, in the luxury box.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Well, they did win it all with him on the bench, check that, in the luxury box.
The guy had a few drinks in front of him too!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
Special Teams
 
denim_monger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: AMERICA BITCH!!!
Posts: 122
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

don't be crazy the Giants are'nt trading the best tight end in the whole fucckking league
__________________
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT FREEDOM AIN'T FREE I'LL KICK YOUR BUTT COMMIE!!!!!
denim_monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denim_monger View Post
don't be crazy the Giants are'nt trading the best tight end in the whole fucckking league


If you honestly think that Shockey is the BEST tight end in the league then you obviously dont know anything about football.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denim_monger View Post
don't be crazy the Giants are'nt trading the best tight end in the whole fucckking league


...............of course not,he's not on their team.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If you honestly think that Shockey is the BEST tight end in the league then you obviously dont know anything about football.
Don't give that moron the time of day,Shockey is good and is "one of" the best when healthy but that's the rub he's never healthy and he's not known as a great rout runner.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #12
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Don't give that moron the time of day,Shockey is good and is "one of" the best when healthy but that's the rub he's never healthy and he's not known as a great rout runner.

thank you. exactly what I was thinking.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #13
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Shockey is a tool, but is also a very good TE, both as a reciever and blocker.

Based solely on football ability, I think the Giant's would be making a mistake going w/Kevin Boss as their starter. Sure he had some good games in their run to the super bowl and he might be a solid nfl player for years to come, but he's not going to make the plays Shockey does. I think Boss' success was just another part of a great run by the g-men. They will have a really tough time getting to .500 in 08 IMO. There's no way they can win like that again.

On the other hand, if Shockey is a problem on the team & not good for team chemistry, their success last year w/out him might not have been coincidental.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #14
Impact Rookie
 
Campbell17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Age: 20
Posts: 642
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Their offense is fine. It's their defense that needs fine tuning. As long as they have Drew Brees at QB they'll be fine. If I worked for the Saints I would be looking over my offensive line and looking for Defensive players to help me out on the other side of the ball. To me it almost looks like the Saints are going in the same direction as the Rams did during the end of the Mike Martz era. Ironically I might also look for a Running Back in the 2nd or 3rd round, of course thats a little to general.

Besides we need Shockey to distract Eli Manning next year.
Defense??? They have a prolific enough offense with youngsters such as Reggie Bush and Marques Colston; as for the Saints defense, they're without a prayer.
__________________
This time instead of some lousy joke, humerous comment, racial slur, or a famous quote, I will write small, and be the bigger person.
Campbell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #15
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Saints After Shockey?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offfiss View Post
I wish the Skins had a TE the calibur of Shockey. The guy backs up his loud mouth.
Now we know you've lost it.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42446 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25