Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think we should bring him in for a workout after his pending suspension is up. This kid can turn it around.
I hope you're joking. He's blown his multiple chances already.
Monkeydad is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #47
Special Teams
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 142
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
my second statement - I have seen all around the league of players getting in trouble, or players holding out because of the "me want more money" or bad mouthing the franchise. One thing I am so glad we have done in the last 4 years is to go out and get good character guys. We have to be one of the best franchises in the NFL for having high quality guys on and off the field. We may not be the best on field franchise (yet) but we certainly are on if not the best off field franchises. That goes to all the guys up stairs (Joe, Vinny, and Dan) good job!
I pray this continues when the Chad Johnson Clown Show finally ends its run in Cincy.
__________________
"The only real magic. The magic of knowledge."

"Sounds like your assets are getting kicked!"
KB24 is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #48
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Chris Henry, along with a lot of WVU football players from what I hear, is a total thug F-up. I work with 2 WVU graduates, and as much as they love their school, they're the first to admit the football players are total jerks. They've told me stories about what an ass Pat White is, and Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry aren't helping the program's reputation. Doesn't Noel Devine, who just finished his freshman year, have 3 or 4 kids already?? In my opinion being a Mountaineer football player is an automatic red flag.

Chris Henry has no doubt bought himself yet another suspension. This guy's laundry list spells scumbag. Punching 18 year olds and being too lazy and irresponsible to get his car registered properly is just pathetic. And those are just his latest two transgressions. Serving booze to teenagers, busted for pot, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry for the rant, but when I see dbags like this just throw away all the money, privilege, and respect that come with playing in the NFL it just flat out pisses me off.

And on a side note, Chad Johnson really isn't going anywhere now.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #49
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Cautionary tale for all who espouse the “we gotta get Pac Man” jive. Just because it seems impossible that a guy would flush a career down the toilet just to “be himself” doesn’t mean he won’t.
lwiedy is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #50
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,361
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Chris Henry, along with a lot of WVU football players from what I hear, is a total thug F-up. I work with 2 WVU graduates, and as much as they love their school, they're the first to admit the football players are total jerks. They've told me stories about what an ass Pat White is, and Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry aren't helping the program's reputation. Doesn't Noel Devine, who just finished his freshman year, have 3 or 4 kids already?? In my opinion being a Mountaineer football player is an automatic red flag.

Chris Henry has no doubt bought himself yet another suspension. This guy's laundry list spells scumbag. Punching 18 year olds and being too lazy and irresponsible to get his car registered properly is just pathetic. And those are just his latest two transgressions. Serving booze to teenagers, busted for pot, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry for the rant, but when I see dbags like this just throw away all the money, privilege, and respect that come with playing in the NFL it just flat out pisses me off.

And on a side note, Chad Johnson really isn't going anywhere now.
LOL!! WV is becoming the new version of the Miami Hurricanes when Jimmy Johnson was there. Devine looks scary good.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #51
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Chris Henry charged with assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If he's 100% innocent ( which I doubt ) then why wouldn't we take a look at this guy??
I can't see why not. If the charges are dropped because its some 18 year old trying to get paid the skins would have to consider signing him to an INCENTIVE LADEN CONTRACT WHICH WOULD BE VOIDED IF HE F'D UP AGAIN. No offense guys, but you don't have to be a saint to be a good football player, Dexter Manley was one hell of a Redskin, John Riggins would have been arrested just as many times if athletes were under the same microscope back when he played.

He's definiterly a better option at WR then Mix and could save us from using a high draft pick on a WR. He'll also come extremely cheap right now

Look around the league. A lot of great WR have issues whether it's personality or with the law. When the Pats signed Moss last year I bet most of you said he would single handedly destroy the Pats and that it was a bad move. Well it turned out he needed a change of scenery and he wsn't such a bad guy after all. What if the charges are dropped, Henry signs with the Eagles or Cowboys and goes to the pro bowl next year? Would you still think it was the smart thing to stay away from him?
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #52
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Although there are a ton of us that are itching for solid WR talent....what 56fanatic said about his problems in college make any possible turnaround extremely unlikely.

It is a shame...why do WR's have such a hard time keeping their cool?
Where's the humility?

Mr. Monk....can please you teach these idiots on how to behave?
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #53
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Henry has the talent to be one of the best WR's in this league. He is 24 years old. If the charges are dropped and he is not suspended next year then he will be available for very little $ . I think if you compared Henry to Moss at this stage of their careers you'd find a lot of off the field comparisons. I think a lot of people here would have stayed away from Moss last offseason becasue of his checkered past.... what about now? Do you wish we made that move? I know I do.
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #54
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,479
Re: Chris Henry charged with assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I wouldn't forgive Pacman just yet lol, even though Henry hasn't paralyzed anyone from the waist down yet he still isn't that bad.

If this is true, and it isn't just a case of mistaken identity as he said, then this guy deserves to be banned. Just another guy who had plenty of talent but can't handle it.
Don't you think that it is a little out of line to say Pacman personally paralyzed someone when he didn't. I would've understood you if Pacman actually pulled the trigger but he didn't.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #55
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I hope you're joking. He's blown his multiple chances already.
I'm joking.
12thMan is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #56
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Chris Henry charged with assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
I can't see why not. If the charges are dropped because its some 18 year old trying to get paid the skins would have to consider signing him to a INCENTIVE LADEN CONTRACT WHICH WOULD BE VOIDED IF HE F'D UP AGAIN. No offense guys, but you don't have to be a saint to be a good football player, Dexter Manley was one hell of a Redskin, John Riggins would have been arrested just as many times if athletes were under the same microscope back when he played.

He's definiterly a better option at WR then Mix and could save us from using a high draft pick on a WR. He'll also come extremely cheap right now

Look around the league. A lot of great WR have issues whether it's personality or with the law. When the Pats signed Moss last year I bet most of you said he would single handedly destroy the Pats and that it was a bad move. Well it turned out he needed a change of scenery and he wsn't such a bad guy after all. What if the charges are dropped, Henry signs with the Eagles or Cowboys and goes to the pro bowl next year? Would you still think it was the smart thing to stay away from him?
"action without vision is a nightmare". Signing a guy like Henry is action without vision. We need something, so this is what is in front of you and you react.

This notion that nothing is lost if he screws up is losing sight that if in fact another player comes along that would be a better fit, you've already cast your lot to the devil (so to speak). Then he screws up (and he will screw up) and now your back to square one.

Use your Manley example, sure we got a lot out of him, but we needed him in 1988 & 89 and where was he? We had great teams that came up short because a guy like Manley left us high (no pun intended) and dry. When we replaced him, we (with essentially the same team) returned to the playoffs.

Those who do not learn from thier mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Last edited by lwiedy; 04-03-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Better post
lwiedy is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #57
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

I dont know why everyone is so against signing him or Pac Man. Both know how to play football, have great skills, and whats the risk?

here me out, you sign Henry, or Pac Man. You give them a heavily incentive laden deal and a short leash. If they dotn perform, or go to jail, you cut them. No cap consequences becuase its incentive laden. If they perform great, dont get in trouble, etc, then you just got a steal on takign a chance on two great athletes.

Do you really think those 'team cancer' guys ruin their teams? Assuming they are on the field. Last I looked, TO got run out of Philly, but did nothign but help him win on the field. So they had newsconferences where they diagreed on what flavor of chunky soup they liked, they still put up points and won...

I see no risk in signing them both, filling two huge holes, and if they get arrested again you cut them and are at the same place you started at.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #58
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
Re: Chris Henry charged with assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwiedy View Post
"action without vision is a nightmare". Signing a guy like Henry is action without vision. We need something, so this is what is in front of you and you react.

This notion that nothing is lost if he screws up is losing sight that if in fact another player comes along that would be a better fit, you've already cast your lot to the devil (so to speak). Then he screws up (and he will screw up) and now your back to square one.

Use your Manley example, sure we got a lot out of him, but we needed him in 1988 & 89 and where was he? We had great teams that came up short because a guy like Manley left us high (no pun intended) and dry. When we replaced him, we (with essentially the same team) returned to the playoffs.
If you can replace a guy like that with someone better then of course. But what about hwen you have a great athlete and you cant replace him with another great athlete that doesnt get into trouble?

The Eagles have nice guys at receiver now...they just arent any good...
How are the Vikings receivers after they cut Moss for walking off the field and stuff?....
Tank Johnson? hasnt caused problems in dallas and is a great player
Albert Haynesworth? best in the league at his position...

Even Chris Henry- the passing attack wasnt as good with him gone, and thats having two better guys in front of him. He was an integral part of that offense...

Anygry guys make good football players, bad citizens, but great football players...
Those who do not learn from thier mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Chris Henry charged with assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
If you can replace a guy like that with someone better then of course. But what about hwen you have a great athlete and you cant replace him with another great athlete that doesnt get into trouble?

The Eagles have nice guys at receiver now...they just arent any good...
How are the Vikings receivers after they cut Moss for walking off the field and stuff?....
Tank Johnson? hasnt caused problems in dallas and is a great player
Albert Haynesworth? best in the league at his position...

Even Chris Henry- the passing attack wasnt as good with him gone, and thats having two better guys in front of him. He was an integral part of that offense...

Anygry guys make good football players, bad citizens, but great football players...
Those who do not learn from thier mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

This is just me, but I want a team I can be proud of, as well, and it is possible. I know that is not a priority with everyone. You seem attached to U of M, well they have become a laughing stock and not because of their record. They justified creepy behavior for years and it got so out of hand that they became a punch line to every joke told about a scandalous program.

With nearly every one of your examples, there was some kind of chaos the ensued. Yeah Dallas had a good year last year but at the cost of a pretty good coach the year before. It's way too early to judge the Tank Johnson situation.

If you are saying one good season justifies blowing up a franchise (49ers, Eagles, Bengals) then I think you are nuts.

Just ask yourself, What Would Gibbs Do?
lwiedy is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #60
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,444
Re: Chris Henry Charged with Assault; Waived by Bengals

To all the people who think it's ok to give this guy a shot: Please take the time to read the article in this tread. It's about a tight end named Jeremy Stevens who has caught one to many breaks. http://www.redskinswarpath.com/locke...Jeremy+Stevens.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38282 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25