Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

For the right price (what that is, I'm not really sure) I'd absolutely welcome CJ to the Redskins. His biggest crime is he talks too much. Big deal. John Riggins talked a lot, Gary Clark talked a lot. Some say Clinton Portis talks too much. He's shown no reason to make us believe he's going to have run in with the law or would be suspended for any reason. And even when he's complaining he still performs at an elite level.

The biggest problem I foresee really is that CJ will expect (and deservedly so) to be the #1 WR on the team. But then what do you do with Santana Moss? Whether you think Moss should be the #1 or not, fact is that the Redskins have been saying they've been looking for a #2 to complement Moss not a #1 to replace him. Of course, that could just be posturing on the Redskins part. Still, it bears watching.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,612
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
For the right price (what that is, I'm not really sure) I'd absolutely welcome CJ to the Redskins. His biggest crime is he talks too much. Big deal. John Riggins talked a lot, Gary Clark talked a lot. Some say Clinton Portis talks too much. He's shown no reason to make us believe he's going to have run in with the law or would be suspended for any reason. And even when he's complaining he still performs at an elite level.

The biggest problem I foresee really is that CJ will expect (and deservedly so) to be the #1 WR on the team. But then what do you do with Santana Moss? Whether you think Moss should be the #1 or not, fact is that the Redskins have been saying they've been looking for a #2 to complement Moss not a #1 to replace him. Of course, that could just be posturing on the Redskins part. Still, it bears watching.
That's the main concern I would have too. I'm not worried about his mouth or his TD celebrations. The fact that he could have some impact on team chemistry is what concerns me. If he comes here he's definitely the #1 I don't care how the coaches or players want to spin it. Would Moss be able to handle being the #2 option? If not does that trickle down to guys like Portis?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #33
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

And the other thing is how much better does he really make the team? For all his greatness in Cincinnati they were basically a .500 team the last few years. So does it make sense to invest picks (and possibly players) in a trade for him, or focus those efforts elswehere?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #34
Special Teams
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 142
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

For the people who are so enamored with the guy, here's what some Bengals and other NFL fans say about him, compliments of "The Sporting News."

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists

As a lifelong Bengals fan (I question myself often), I really don't care what Chad Johnson wants. If he won't play, let him sit out. He doesn't get paid, his value goes down, let him make a bigger jackass out of himself than he already has.
If you are not a Bengals fan, you only know what you hear from TV. He's being sued, and charges are pending on him right now from an incident at a comedy club last year where he was selling raffle tickets to give away his Lexus, and trips to the Pro Bowl. On the night of the giveaway, he showed up and told the crowd he gave the car to his girlfriend, and no trips were given away either.
The guy is self-centered, and has never grown up. He has no idea what teamwork is, and has no intention on trying to win....only get his face on TV. Do I want him in Cincinnati.....NO! We haven't won anything with him, so what's the difference? But at the same time.....I want Cincinnati to destroy the rest of his career as well. I'm sick of his mouth and his attitude, it's time for him to pay. If they ever do trade him, I'd make sure to send him to a team without a good quarterback. If he thinks he's mad now, I'd make sure to make him even more miserable.


Chad is all about Chad. Never mind that 52 other guys, a coaching staff, trainers, and a legion of fans are all counting on him to help the team. 'Gotta get mine, it's all about me.' A true product of the hip-hop culture. Get used to guys like this, modern america is spitting them out daily while we let it happen.


Other teams should think long and hard about trading for a guy who can't stick with his team through thick and thin. Everybody wants to win, but something will always go wrong at some point, and you have to have some heart to support your teammates and make things right.


Wasn't he on Sportscenter last week or the week before claiming he would be at training camp no matter what?


Jaysus H. Bodacious Keerayest, this guy whines like a little girl all the time.

For guys like Chad Johnson who always act as if their manhood is being challenged, it would be a neat change of pace if they stopped whining like little girls all the time.


I don't know how many times I warned his ego antics were going to catch up with the Bengals. People just laughed it off, said they loved it, he provides humor and an entertaining aspect to the game, yadda yadda freakin' yadda.


Do you see now that these egomaniacs rarely pan out at least until they get their head screwed on straight. When T.O. finally began to shut his trap, the 'Boys started to put things together. While my disdain for the Patriots runs deep, Randy Moss finally found a comfort zone when he focused on just winning. Chad is a clown, period. Laughs, jokes, and zany stunts galore aren't going to get your team that has deep character issues anywhere. I say trade him to the NFC so you never have to see him. You'll get solid talent, maybe a defensive star. You still have TJ and can pick up a solid WR in the draft.


So, on 10/01/2003, with one year left on his rookie contract, Chad extends his contract for 5 years, worth 25 Million.
On 4/20/2006, he extends another contract that pays 35 million through 2011. On that day, Marvin Lewis says "...I want to commend Chad for his efforts in making this happen. He is showing his commitment to what we have going here."

Now this... only 2 years later.

In the real world people who make demands while under contract get fired. I do not understand why the NFL or the teams tolerate this kind of conduct. He should be fined and suspended for this junk.(and I like him)


Chad Johnson is a cancer, and it is hard to win championships with guys that kill team chemistry.


Chad has signed two lucritive contract extentions. The latest of which was signed less than two years ago. If Cincy was so bad, Chad, why ink yourself in til 2012?

The team can't cut or trade you now. That 8 million dollar cap hit will cause them to have to cut several starters. The team won't do that. The team shouldn't do that. Like Lewis said, if Chad wants to play he will have to play in Cincy.

You know I have seen almost all of his interviews this offseason. Part of the time he claims he won't show up. Other times, he claims that he will. Other times he babbles and mumbles not knowing what he wants. He complains about the local media in Cincy. What should he expect in NY, Dallas, Philly, or Miami? Heck, Philly would crucify him for half of the things he pulls.


To Chad, shut up and play. You made your bed by signing such a long contract. If you don't want to play, have fun on the bench.


His Wiki-page states that his "first love was soccer, but he chose football in high school because it gave him more opportunity".

That tells me all I need to know...


I'm a Chad Johnson fan, but he needs to honor his contract.


you signed a contract and now you want to void it. don't reneg on your word. quit the bellyaching and play the game. this guy is starting to become a cancer to his team.


So you got stuck on a crappy team. Quit crying about it and put in your 110% to make it better. What if every player bailed on his team when it didn't win?
This guy strikes me as a spoiled brat. He probably is just naturally gifted and never had to really work hard to be the best guy at his position. He comes off as totally self centered with no concept of the word team. Hell, if he was on my Pop Warner team I'd tell him that if he doesn't run his laps he can sit on the bench and waste his parents money. I don't care how good you are as an individual if you can't give your all to the team, even when it is losing, then you aren't a complete player.
Sit him, fine him, teach him a lesson and you know what? Let's just all quit talking about him and see how he likes fading into anonymity. When nobody knows who Ain't-chu Stinko is anymore he'll be begging the Bungles to take him back. This guy's dad needs to put a foot in his *** and make him behave. Just my .02


You forget to note he routinely leads the league in dropped passes.


I just don't get it.

The same players that whine and fight for long-term high pay contracts complain about the team and demand trades. You signed a contract - have a little integrity and show up to work.

If you want to see why the team has had some turmoil - perhaps you should look in the mirror, Mr. Johnson. What have you done to contribute to that organizations sense of teamwork and unity. Every time I hear about ocho-cinco it's about a new complaint or holdout.


Just play the game. Maybe you'd have some trade value if you'd quit complaining all the time.
__________________
"The only real magic. The magic of knowledge."

"Sounds like your assets are getting kicked!"
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

All the real problem children the Bengals have and the fans want to complain about Chad Johnson? Loser franchise with loser fans.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #36
Special Teams
 
SkinsFanSince91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 368
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

why would we weven want this knucklehead on our squad?
__________________
Without Struggle, there is no progress!

Jason Campbell is our guy! Lets RIde!!!

HAIL TO THE SKINS!!!
SkinsFanSince91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #37
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,447
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanSince91 View Post
why would we weven want this knucklehead on our squad?
Lol, you just want Jordy Nelson to be a Redskin. Which is fine I love the guy to, but you might want to make sure you don't get your hopes up.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #38
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
For the right price (what that is, I'm not really sure) I'd absolutely welcome CJ to the Redskins. His biggest crime is he talks too much. Big deal. John Riggins talked a lot, Gary Clark talked a lot. Some say Clinton Portis talks too much. He's shown no reason to make us believe he's going to have run in with the law or would be suspended for any reason. And even when he's complaining he still performs at an elite level.

The biggest problem I foresee really is that CJ will expect (and deservedly so) to be the #1 WR on the team. But then what do you do with Santana Moss? Whether you think Moss should be the #1 or not, fact is that the Redskins have been saying they've been looking for a #2 to complement Moss not a #1 to replace him. Of course, that could just be posturing on the Redskins part. Still, it bears watching.
Couldn't agree more with the first paragraph. Nobody ever questioned his work ethic or teamwork before all this trade talk. Now the Bengals (and their pathetic fans) want to save face by ripping him apart on the way out the door. I mean seriously, you're going to complain about Chad Johnson if you're a Bengals fan? He's like one of 4 guys on your team that hasn't broken the law or been suspended in the last 3 years.

As for Moss, I don't see a problem there. Personally, I think Moss is better suited as a #2, and even if the organization wants to pitch him as a #1, then we can look to Arizona, Cincinnatti (ironically), and Indianapolis to see that there are plenty of balls to go around to keep two #1 WRs busy on a team.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Hosyourmomma anticipates 'problem' in Cinny if STINKO isn't traded......like they don't already have any?

ESPN - Houshmandzadeh anticipates 'problem' if Johnson not dealt - NFL
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21 View Post
Couldn't agree more with the first paragraph. Nobody ever questioned his work ethic or teamwork before all this trade talk. Now the Bengals (and their pathetic fans) want to save face by ripping him apart on the way out the door. I mean seriously, you're going to complain about Chad Johnson if you're a Bengals fan? He's like one of 4 guys on your team that hasn't broken the law or been suspended in the last 3 years.

As for Moss, I don't see a problem there. Personally, I think Moss is better suited as a #2, and even if the organization wants to pitch him as a #1, then we can look to Arizona, Cincinnatti (ironically), and Indianapolis to see that there are plenty of balls to go around to keep two #1 WRs busy on a team.
Yes, everyone has. As posted on ALL the other threads, CJ, by his and everyone else’s acknowledgement, had a shoving match with his head coach at halftime of the 2005 playoff with the Steelers because he “didn’t like the way he was being used”, and Cincy was winning at the time!!!! But this will be ignored by all the people who thing being and asshole is an attribute or just want another WR. That's fine, BUT DON'T TRY TO SELL THIS BY SAYING HE'S A GOOD GUY!!!! Ignoring documented history will only weaken your argument.

Johnson belongs in the NFL, but not with Washington as long as JC is QB. CJ needs someone that he can bully into making him a star. I don’t believe leadership is JC’s strongest attribute and there is nothing wrong with that. Mark Rypien wasn’t a great leader and a big mouth (but I still love him) like Gary Clark only had so much influence. Monk & Sanders were equal parts of the trio. After all, Clark even said “All three of us play, or just Ricky”.

There is reason (see above) to believe the CJ values his personal aggrandizement over team accomplishment and that is bad for this team.
lwiedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwiedy View Post
Yes, everyone has. As posted on ALL the other threads, CJ, by his and everyone else’s acknowledgement, had a shoving match with his head coach at halftime of the 2005 playoff with the Steelers because he “didn’t like the way he was being used”, and Cincy was winning at the time!!!! But this will be ignored by all the people who thing being and asshole is an attribute or just want another WR. That's fine, BUT DON'T TRY TO SELL THIS BY SAYING HE'S A GOOD GUY!!!! Ignoring documented history will only weaken your argument.

Johnson belongs in the NFL, but not with Washington as long as JC is QB. CJ needs someone that he can bully into making him a star. I don’t believe leadership is JC’s strongest attribute and there is nothing wrong with that. Mark Rypien wasn’t a great leader and a big mouth (but I still love him) like Gary Clark only had so much influence. Monk & Sanders were equal parts of the trio. After all, Clark even said “All three of us play, or just Ricky”.

There is reason (see above) to believe the CJ values his personal aggrandizement over team accomplishment and that is bad for this team.

Really? His and everyone's else's acknowledgement? That's not how Hue Jackson sees it

Bengals: Jackson: Chad didn't hit Lewis

That's not what Chad Johnson said either

Video - Chad Johnson on First Take - NFL (2:25 mark)

He's said he was emotional and out of line and apologized. Yet apparently that's not acceptable.

Who's argument is weakened now?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #42
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Really? His and everyone's else's acknowledgement? That's not how Hue Jackson sees it

Bengals: Jackson: Chad didn't hit Lewis

That's not what Chad Johnson said either

Video - Chad Johnson on First Take - NFL (2:25 mark)

He's said he was emotional and out of line and apologized. Yet apparently that's not acceptable.

Who's argument is weakened now?
I don’t believe I read, “There was no shoving”. It's like when my wife says "I didn't say I was mad, I said I was upset". The cleverest way to defuse a report is to not respond directly to what actually happened. Who has motivation to cover-up, the guy who's gone or the guy who still has to work for and with the principles involved.

In any case, he was griping about a gameplan that was winning the game at the time and that is the point of the lesson. If this wasn’t a major issue, why was being addressed in 2008?

For crying out loud, it’s not like Marvin Lewis is Bobby Petrino. He is regarded as a player’s coach (maybe that’s why Cincy is in this predicament now) and here’s a player who can’t play for him.

Now if the issue is money, at least that makes sense. This prevailing discussion that “Mr. Team” just wants a ring is frankly, insulting. All of his clowning, although IMO is harmless, did nothing to make his club better and if he’s all about team, then that crap would be the furthest from his mind.

PLEASE JUST SAY "I DON'T CARE HE'S AN ASSHOLE, I WANT HIM ANYWAY". Anything else and you are just kidding yourself.
lwiedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #43
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,447
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

I want to see weather or not the Bengals undergo the Ewing Effect should Chad Johnson end up not playing for the Bengals on Sundays (weather it be because he's on another team or he's sitting out).
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwiedy View Post
I don’t believe I read, “There was no shoving”. It's like when my wife says "I didn't say I was mad, I said I was upset". The cleverest way to defuse a report is to not respond directly to what actually happened. Who has motivation to cover-up, the guy who's gone or the guy who still has to work for and with the principles involved.
Well Hue Jackson is gone too so what motivation would he have to cover up. As for the mad/upset argument, that's a weak one at best.

Quote:
In any case, he was griping about a gameplan that was winning the game at the time and that is the point of the lesson. If this wasn’t a major issue, why was being addressed in 2008?
It's only being addressed because that Shaun Smith guy wanted to bring it up two years after the fact and it unnecessarily steamed rolled from there. Of course, Shaun Smith likes to talk.

So the point of the lesson is apparently that you want NFL players to be robots and show no emotions ever?

Quote:
For crying out loud, it’s not like Marvin Lewis is Bobby Petrino. He is regarded as a player’s coach (maybe that’s why Cincy is in this predicament now) and here’s a player who can’t play for him.
Marvin Lewis should be fired in my opinion, but that's besides the point. I
don't know that CJ has ever expressed a problem with Lewis particularly (although he should, again besides the point).

Quote:
Now if the issue is money, at least that makes sense. This prevailing discussion that “Mr. Team” just wants a ring is frankly, insulting. All of his clowning, although IMO is harmless, did nothing to make his club better and if he’s all about team, then that crap would be the furthest from his mind.
Have you ever seen him actually play? How much more does he need to do? Is he responsible for the running back by committee because those guys can't stay healthy? Is he responsible for the crappy defense year after year? Is he responsible for multiple arrests and suspensions of his teammates, or for selecting many of those guys when they already had a bad history in college?

Quote:
PLEASE JUST SAY "I DON'T CARE HE'S AN ASSHOLE, I WANT HIM ANYWAY". Anything else and you are just kidding yourself.
Well he's not an asshole but I don't necessarily want him. I don't think he'd hurt us and I can think of far worse things for a developing QB like Jason Campbell than to have Chad Johnson to throw to, but how much of a difference can one receiver (who's about to be on the wrong side of 30 help us)? Are we better off using resources to get CJ on other needs? Will he be as effective in a WCO?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

And stop with the all caps.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41467 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25