Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Special Teams
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 142
Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Another chapter to "As the Johnson Turns." Why can't this clown just go away?!?

ESPN - Johnson says he won't attend team functions, demands trade - NFL

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory camp.

"I wish he would stay out of my business,'' Johnson said.
__________________
"The only real magic. The magic of knowledge."

"Sounds like your assets are getting kicked!"
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

...Like sands through the hourglass so are the eternal threads on CJ to the Redskins


Looks like CJ's agent wants to move to the next phase and has told him to be more vocal about getting out of Cinnci. Wanting it by the draft though is a bit absurd since teams are focusing on their draftboards.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,616
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

I don't know. All it takes is one team looking at their draft board in disgust to pick up the phone and give the Bengals a viable offer. So I would say that demanding a trade before the draft might be a good strategy after all.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

I am reminded of Lance Briggs when he made the same statements last year at this time. Who can forget "I'll never play another down in a Bears uniform." Not only did he play, but he signed a big contract with them as well later in the season. So we all know how that turned out.

Then when his absences were going to cost him money, he was the first one in the locker room. I can see a similar situation with CJ.

Right now, the "voluntary" workouts do not cost him anything. Just wait until camp starts and he does not get paid and gets fined 10,000 a day for holding out. I have a feeling he will show up.

If Johnson wants out of Cincy SOOOO bad, how come we hear him scream TRADE ME! But we do not hear him say "I'll pay back my signing bonus" to alleviate that cap hit.

If he REALLY wants out of there that badly he needs to pay back his bonus and not ask the Bengals to make all of the financial sacrifices associated with his trade.

Put up or shut up Johnson.....you are wasting everyones time.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

sandtrap, your boys have 2 1st rnd. picks & JJ seems to think he can get anyone to walk st. and narrow. I really wouldn't be surprised to hear dallas' name in the mix for CJ as the draft approaches.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
...Like sands through the hourglass so are the eternal threads on CJ to the Redskins


Looks like CJ's agent wants to move to the next phase and has told him to be more vocal about getting out of Cinnci. Wanting it by the draft though is a bit absurd since teams are focusing on their draftboards.
Isn't Rosenhaus his agent? I would think he would want to do the talking behind the scenes. Maybe that's already been tried. Either way as mentioned here, it doesn't get serious until he starts really missing mandatory practices, then someone's got to call the other's bluff & do something. Marvin Lewis & co. may be in a position now where they have to dig their heels in.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
sandtrap, your boys have 2 1st rnd. picks & JJ seems to think he can get anyone to walk st. and narrow. I really wouldn't be surprised to hear dallas' name in the mix for CJ as the draft approaches.
Not saying that if the Bengals want to trade him to Dallas I would not be happy to have him.

But Johnson would stand a much better chance of any trade happening if he put something in the pot on the table. That is all. Until he offers to make at least part of the sacrifice, his demands lack credibility.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Chad Johnson sure is a whiny bitch. What is up with WR's in general? There seems to be an extra large percentage of ego maniacs running go routes in the NFL. Not to say I wouldn't be happy to have CJ for a reasonable price, but he is turning into a total mental case off the field. At least he doesn't get in trouble with law.

Remember when he was just a mental case while on the field. I pray we dont waste any picks on him
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Not saying that if the Bengals want to trade him to Dallas I would not be happy to have him.

But Johnson would stand a much better chance of any trade happening if he put something in the pot on the table. That is all. Until he offers to make at least part of the sacrifice, his demands lack credibility.

After the debacle here a couple years ago with LaVar Arrington where the situation was simular to which you speak, that may not be an easy feat to accomplish.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

I want nothing to do with this clown. The more the modern day wr's act like fools, the more I appreciate Art Monk. Last of his kind.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

CJ is trying to force their hand but at the same time is looking bad in doing so, might lower his value a lot. Please don't do it danny!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Stinko on the 'Warpath'.....huh. What a surprise.

Redskins Insider

Posted at 4:13 PM ET, 04/16/2008
Chad Johnson On The Warpath, Again

As I wrote about months ago, Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato have a thing for Chad Johnson. It was a staple of their interviews with head coaching candidates. He would fill what they believe to be the biggest void on the team, or at least so they told several of the men they considered to replace Joe Gibbs.

So now Chad is going postal again, ranting and raving that he won't report for any Bengals team activity and lashing out at QB Carson Palmer. This is Rosenhaus 101 people. And sometimes it actually does work and his client creates such a ridiculous stir that he gets traded.

So far the Bengals have refused to cave on anything and the Brown family, team owners, have told other execs that they don't care if Johnson does sit out the entire year, they're not rewarding his outlandish antics. They own the contract and they control his rights.

Again, stay tuned. In June when Johnson's cap hit would be halved no doubt teams will be nosing around again. I would be stunned if the Bengals did anything before then and people around the NFL continue to tell me they don't this this cat gets moved regardless, especially after Chris Henry got cut.

Still, the Bengals have needs and are trying to create a new identity, free from this kind of stuff. Never say never. And if they do actually shop him, I would be stunned if the Skins didn't pounce. They created all that cap room for a reason, and it wasn't just to re-sign Collins, Frost, Cartwright and Fabini.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,616
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Stinko on the 'Warpath'.....huh. What a surprise.

Redskins Insider

Posted at 4:13 PM ET, 04/16/2008
Chad Johnson On The Warpath, Again

As I wrote about months ago, Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato have a thing for Chad Johnson. It was a staple of their interviews with head coaching candidates. He would fill what they believe to be the biggest void on the team, or at least so they told several of the men they considered to replace Joe Gibbs.

So now Chad is going postal again, ranting and raving that he won't report for any Bengals team activity and lashing out at QB Carson Palmer. This is Rosenhaus 101 people. And sometimes it actually does work and his client creates such a ridiculous stir that he gets traded.

So far the Bengals have refused to cave on anything and the Brown family, team owners, have told other execs that they don't care if Johnson does sit out the entire year, they're not rewarding his outlandish antics. They own the contract and they control his rights.

Again, stay tuned. In June when Johnson's cap hit would be halved no doubt teams will be nosing around again. I would be stunned if the Bengals did anything before then and people around the NFL continue to tell me they don't this this cat gets moved regardless, especially after Chris Henry got cut.

Still, the Bengals have needs and are trying to create a new identity, free from this kind of stuff. Never say never. And if they do actually shop him, I would be stunned if the Skins didn't pounce. They created all that cap room for a reason, and it wasn't just to re-sign Collins, Frost, Cartwright and Fabini.
You forgot to post the end of the article.

Also, the stock market dipped again today. Some are saying that the drop is infinity billion points. If this is true then I don't see how the fans can't blame Vinny Cerato.

Oh yeah the Nationals suck, but how bout them Caps....yeah I'm a Caps fan now that they're doing well. Sally Jenkins just made a funny dry sarcastic comment but it was the type of thing where you have to be here.......Good one Sally.

Also Reality TV is spicing up these days. What Redskins? Oh yeah the Redskins will never win a Super Bowl with Vinny Cerato at the helm. Still waiting for that nickname people, so I can zing him before I get banned from Redskin park forever.

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.


1st

Posted by: Jon

1st

BONG!!!!

Posted by: KRis n Lrry

gret post JLC

Posted by: Blog luv

"gret post JLC

Posted by: Blog luv"

Learn how to spell a$$hole

Posted by: Rayman
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

Clinton Portis has said that he and CJ are great friends and he would love his energy on the team, and his talent speaks for itself

I would LOVE to have CJ as a redskin, have always said it. Hes a great great receiver. He and Portis would make the redskins the most fun team in the league to watch, both for on field production and off the field antics. celebrating too much shouldnt be that big of a deal.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

lets not kiss the guys ass now okay...don't get me wrong now i would like..love to have his caliber on my side(and not the cowboys). But i can see him in a year or two down Campbells throat. But if i can garnish a championship before then..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34460 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25