Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #31
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ok, but did we hear Lav Coles on every tv and radio show? Yet, wasn't there a whole thread here about what a jerk he is?
Yeah but we really didn't know much about that situation until the end when everything came out. And even then it's a select amount of Redskins fans that seem to hold a grudge. If you asked fans of other teams they probably wouldn't even know the extent of the Coles/Snyder debacle.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
hagams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Age: 35
Posts: 900
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
honestly, the Bears should have known this and reworked his deal after giving Briggs the big extension. If you looked to your right or left and saw a guy making more money than you, and you are the best LB on the team (top 5 in the NFL at your position) wouldn't you be a little pissed. I dont blame him for wanting more money. I blame the Bears for not addressing this when it should have been addressed.

I'm really suprised nobody brought that up about the Briggs deal. That's the first thing that popped in my head. If the lesser of the two can complain and get more money, why not BU? Are the a little on the gready side, Yes. Do we need either of them, NO. Would we be happy to have BU if we didn't have London, Yes.
__________________
We are always superbowl contenders in March!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!
hagams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #33
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,936
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah but we really didn't know much about that situation until the end when everything came out. And even then it's a select amount of Redskins fans that seem to hold a grudge. If you asked fans of other teams they probably wouldn't even know the extent of the Coles/Snyder debacle.
Most fans knows Snyder told Coles he was going to send him a flat screen TV to watch the games from home and that he would bench him for two years then cut him.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
I'm really suprised nobody brought that up about the Briggs deal. That's the first thing that popped in my head. If the lesser of the two can complain and get more money, why not BU? Are the a little on the gready side, Yes. Do we need either of them, NO. Would we be happy to have BU if we didn't have London, Yes.
Briggs was a free agent to be when he was complaining, whereas Urlacher is under contract, is coming off a bad year, battling injuries & about to turn 30. Yet, for some reason, he thinks the team should re-up w/more $ to pay him on par to the player he was 2 years ago.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #35
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

I don't have much of a problem with players who hold out, particularly when they don't play for us. I do, however, have a problem with Chad Johnson because he seems to be your stereotypical "me...me...me" wideout. It's not as though this is an isolated incident.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #36
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Briggs was a free agent to be when he was complaining, whereas Urlacher is under contract, is coming off a bad year, battling injuries & about to turn 30. Yet, for some reason, he thinks the team should re-up w/more $ to pay him on par to the player he was 2 years ago.
Correct me if I’m wrong but Briggs first started griping when they put the franchise tag on him. So, technically he was not a “free agent” in the truest sense. Perhaps he felt he was worth more but he was still bound by the agreement, no different than a contract.
lwiedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Most fans knows Snyder told Coles he was going to send him a flat screen TV to watch the games from home and that he would bench him for two years then cut him.
Personally I doubt most fans of other teams really know or care much about what went on.

The football world doesn't revolve around the Redskins.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwiedy View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but Briggs first started griping when they put the franchise tag on him. So, technically he was not a “free agent” in the truest sense. Perhaps he felt he was worth more but he was still bound by the agreement, no different than a contract.
I believe the difference is that the two sides (player/management) don't generally agree to the "franchise tag." It's simply a right the team has to exercise, it's different from two sides agreeing on a contract

Now though, Briggs shouldn't complain. He was a free agent and on the market and, for whatever reason, he agreed to a pretty crappy deal (in relative terms).
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Here's an update:

Bears' Urlacher: 'I never said that I was going to quit' -- chicagotribune.com
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Not surprising there are two conflicting reports from the two major Chicago papers
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #41
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,487
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Personally I like Urlacher for 3 reasons:

1- He claims to have grownup as a Redskins fan

2- He banged that whore Paris Hilton

3- He's a great LB
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #42
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The football world doesn't revolve around the Redskins.
Blasphemy, I say! How dare you!?
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #43
Special Teams
 
lwiedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I believe the difference is that the two sides (player/management) don't generally agree to the "franchise tag." It's simply a right the team has to exercise, it's different from two sides agreeing on a contract

Now though, Briggs shouldn't complain. He was a free agent and on the market and, for whatever reason, he agreed to a pretty crappy deal (in relative terms).
You are certainly right there. And it is not suprising that a guy is unhappy if he feels he's been short changed. I was just addressing the original point that his original crying was not when he was a FA, but bound to an agreement (in essense, a contract) which gave him no more real right to complain than B.U., that's all.

Was his FA deal crappy? I really don't know the particulars. Hard to imagine that after all that posturing about how the system failed him, he wouldn’t have done better for himself.
lwiedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Lest we think Chad Johnson holds a monopoly on complaining...why aren't we all up in arms over this? Because he's not as "loud" as Chad Johnson?

"Urlacher feels he has outplayed his contract and is demanding more money. He's boycotting the team's voluntary offseason workout program and threatening to hold out of minicamp, organized team activities and even training camp if he doesn't get a new deal."

Brian Urlacher situation is tricky business for Bears :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Sports

The Bears have so many players who want new deals (Harris, Hester, Gould, even Briggs is allegedly complaining). They're a mess
I don't care, because there haven't been any rumors about him showing up here. I'll bet if I started a thread and posted some sort of BS link, rumoring him to be coming here, it would get the same attention and responses the CJ threads have (until folks found out it was bogus).

That being said, Urlacher needs to play under his current contract. Sound to me like his agent/s trying to get paid one last time before his injuries catch up to him. Also convenient that the Bears have $ 16M of cap space. The tactics many agents use are sickening (I know the teams are not saints either).

I have more respect for CJ, I know money is always an issue, but I don't think him wanting out of Cincy is solely about money.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Brian Urlacher: Where's the Outrage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Personally I like Urlacher for 3 reasons:

1- He claims to have grownup as a Redskins fan

2- He banged that whore Paris Hilton

3- He's a great LB
1. Cool

2. Cool, but he's on a pretty long list.

3. WAS a great LB, his best days are behind him.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30541 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25