Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official UDFA Signing Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #76
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by artyK75 View Post
Do any of u guys in here know who the udfa are that we picked up
Try reading the posts in this thread
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #77
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Dont sleep on this guy .....Good Free agent DE pickup

DE Dorian Smith | Senior

Despite having just nine career starts under his belt, Smith has been a force in his two years in Corvallis.

Last year, in primarily a backup role, he racked up a team high nine sacks while this year he has six sacks, good for third on team. He has 26 tackles on the year, including nine for loss, tied for fourth most on the squad.

He is the first OSU defensive end to be named to the first team since Bill Swancutt in 2004.
I'd love for you to be right..but a backup end at a junior college doesn't quited scream out NFL caliber to me.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #78
Impact Rookie
 
Stuck in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Age: 28
Posts: 545
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Redskins to Sign 13 Undrafted Rookies
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
April 28, 2008



The Redskins have agreed to contract terms with 13 undrafted rookie free agents, the team announced on Monday.
The group of Redskins prospects includes four offensive linemen, two defensive ends and a quarterback. They join 10 rookies the team drafted in the NFL Draft on Saturday and Sunday.

Here is the complete list:


REDSKINS 2008 UNDRAFTED ROOKIES
Player Position College

Shannon Boatman OL Florida State

Kerry Brown OL Appalachian State

Devin Clark OL New Mexico

Kyle DeVan OL Oregon State

Alonzo Dotson DE Oklahoma

Horace Gant WR St. Olaf College

Curtis Gatewood LB Vanderbilt
Bret Meyer QB Iowa State

Kevin Mitchell S Illinois

Matteral Richardson CB Arkansas

Justin Scott S Purdue

Dorian Smith DE Oregon State

Bryan Wilson LB Morgan State


Shannon Boatman is a 6-5, 315-pound offensive right tackle. He also played some guard for Florida State, so he has some versatility. He started two years and is thought to be a good developmental prospect. Boatman was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 17, but he has been able to keep the disease in check.

Offensive lineman Kerry Brown is a 6-5, 305-pound guard from Appalachian State. He started four years and was a Division I-AA All-American. He is regarded as a tough, physical lineman who needs to fine-tune his technique.



Devin Clark is a 6-3, 305-pound offensive right tackle from New Mexico. He is expected to move inside to guard at the pro level, though. He participated in national Olympic-style weightlifting competitions, so he is a strong, stout player. He may have been bypassed in the draft due to recent ankle surgery.

Kyle DeVan played mostly center at Oregon State. He was a three-year starter and registered 232 knock-down blocks overall. He stands at 6-2 and 300 pounds.

Defensive end Alonzo Dotson is 6-4 and 260 pounds. He played in 14 games with Redskins second round draft pick Malcolm Kelly last year and recorded 20 tackles and two sacks. His father Santana played for the Green Bay Packers in the 1990s and his grandfather Alphonse played for John Madden's Oakland Raiders in the 1970s.



Horace Gant is a 6-3, 218-pound wide receiver who holds St. Olaf school records for receptions with 185, receiving yards with 3,061 and touchdowns with 27. Gant was coached by new Redskins offensive assistant Chris Meidt, who held the head coaching position at St. Olaf last year.

Curtis Gatewood is a 6-2, 248-pound outside linebacker who will likely play either the strong-side or defensive end in the pros. A four-year starter at Vanderbilt, he recorded 110 tackles, 10.5 sacks and one interception in his college career.

Quarterback Bret Meyer joins the Redskins as one of five QBs on the off-season roster. He is expected to compete with rookie draft pick Colt Brennan and first-year player Sam Hollenbach for a backup job. He completed 233-of-382 passes for nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior at Iowa State.

Safety Kevin Mitchell is a 6-0, 209-pounder who led the Big Ten in passes defended last year. He was tied for third in the Big Ten with five interceptions. He also logged 75 tackles and 11 pass deflections. Mitchell is not related to the late Redskins linebacker Kevin Mitchell.

Matteral Richardson is 5-11, 194 pounds and regarded as physical cornerback and sound tackler. He started three years at Arkansas, finishing with 180 tackles, 27 pass break-ups and four interceptions. Nicknamed "Red," he should compete for a special teams job early on.

Safety Justin Scott was a two-year starter at Purdue. Last year, the 6-0, 209-pounder recorded 73 tackles, one sack and three interceptions.

Defensive end Dorian Smith played two years at Oregon State as a junior college transfer, but started just one season. The 6-1, 264-pounder recorded 72 tackles, 22 tackles for a loss and 15 sacks.

Bryan Wilson is a 6-3, 250-pound outside linebacker who earned 2007 All-MEAC first-team defense honors. He logged 50 tackles, a team-high seven sacks and a league-high six forced fumbles. Wilson hails from Temple Hills, Md. He attended the Redskins' local college workout.



Redskins to Sign 13 Undrafted Rookies
__________________
We will miss you Sean.
RIP
1983-2007

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #79
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

We still only picked up 2 LBs, maybe the team knows about Rocky Mac's recovery, and it may be ahead of schedule.
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #80
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Damn, was hoping Ray Lewis's brother, Keon Lattimore, would sign with us, but out of all the teams, he signed the cowgirls.

Teams sign rookie free agents
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #81
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
We still only picked up 2 LBs, maybe the team knows about Rocky Mac's recovery, and it may be ahead of schedule.
Yeah that's the one area that I feel they could have done better at improving. I have concerns about both Rocky and Washington.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #82
Special Teams
 
Warren85Ellard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reston,VA
Posts: 330
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

I'd like to see them bring in a kicker to challenge Suisham.
Warren85Ellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #83
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren85Ellard View Post
I'd like to see them bring in a kicker to challenge Suisham.
y? He was pretty good for us last season. I think that he will get better for us this year.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #84
Special Teams
 
Warren85Ellard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reston,VA
Posts: 330
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
y? He was pretty good for us last season. I think that he will get better for us this year.
I hope you're right. It's just that he didn't have to compete with anyone last pre-season either and I don't think he's at the point in his career where his job should be guaranteed. I've always liked Derrick Frost, but I liked the selection of Durant Brooks. If Frost has competition, Suisham should have competition.
Warren85Ellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #85
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in TX View Post
Redskins to Sign 13 Undrafted Rookies
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
April 28, 2008



The Redskins have agreed to contract terms with 13 undrafted rookie free agents, the team announced on Monday.
The group of Redskins prospects includes four offensive linemen, two defensive ends and a quarterback. They join 10 rookies the team drafted in the NFL Draft on Saturday and Sunday.

Here is the complete list:


REDSKINS 2008 UNDRAFTED ROOKIES
Player Position College

Shannon Boatman OL Florida State

Kerry Brown OL Appalachian State

Devin Clark OL New Mexico

Kyle DeVan OL Oregon State

Alonzo Dotson DE Oklahoma

Horace Gant WR St. Olaf College

Curtis Gatewood LB Vanderbilt
Bret Meyer QB Iowa State

Kevin Mitchell S Illinois

Matteral Richardson CB Arkansas

Justin Scott S Purdue

Dorian Smith DE Oregon State

Bryan Wilson LB Morgan State


Shannon Boatman is a 6-5, 315-pound offensive right tackle. He also played some guard for Florida State, so he has some versatility. He started two years and is thought to be a good developmental prospect. Boatman was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 17, but he has been able to keep the disease in check.

Offensive lineman Kerry Brown is a 6-5, 305-pound guard from Appalachian State. He started four years and was a Division I-AA All-American. He is regarded as a tough, physical lineman who needs to fine-tune his technique.



Devin Clark is a 6-3, 305-pound offensive right tackle from New Mexico. He is expected to move inside to guard at the pro level, though. He participated in national Olympic-style weightlifting competitions, so he is a strong, stout player. He may have been bypassed in the draft due to recent ankle surgery.

Kyle DeVan played mostly center at Oregon State. He was a three-year starter and registered 232 knock-down blocks overall. He stands at 6-2 and 300 pounds.

Defensive end Alonzo Dotson is 6-4 and 260 pounds. He played in 14 games with Redskins second round draft pick Malcolm Kelly last year and recorded 20 tackles and two sacks. His father Santana played for the Green Bay Packers in the 1990s and his grandfather Alphonse played for John Madden's Oakland Raiders in the 1970s.



Horace Gant is a 6-3, 218-pound wide receiver who holds St. Olaf school records for receptions with 185, receiving yards with 3,061 and touchdowns with 27. Gant was coached by new Redskins offensive assistant Chris Meidt, who held the head coaching position at St. Olaf last year.

Curtis Gatewood is a 6-2, 248-pound outside linebacker who will likely play either the strong-side or defensive end in the pros. A four-year starter at Vanderbilt, he recorded 110 tackles, 10.5 sacks and one interception in his college career.

Quarterback Bret Meyer joins the Redskins as one of five QBs on the off-season roster. He is expected to compete with rookie draft pick Colt Brennan and first-year player Sam Hollenbach for a backup job. He completed 233-of-382 passes for nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior at Iowa State.

Safety Kevin Mitchell is a 6-0, 209-pounder who led the Big Ten in passes defended last year. He was tied for third in the Big Ten with five interceptions. He also logged 75 tackles and 11 pass deflections. Mitchell is not related to the late Redskins linebacker Kevin Mitchell.

Matteral Richardson is 5-11, 194 pounds and regarded as physical cornerback and sound tackler. He started three years at Arkansas, finishing with 180 tackles, 27 pass break-ups and four interceptions. Nicknamed "Red," he should compete for a special teams job early on.

Safety Justin Scott was a two-year starter at Purdue. Last year, the 6-0, 209-pounder recorded 73 tackles, one sack and three interceptions.

Defensive end Dorian Smith played two years at Oregon State as a junior college transfer, but started just one season. The 6-1, 264-pounder recorded 72 tackles, 22 tackles for a loss and 15 sacks.

Bryan Wilson is a 6-3, 250-pound outside linebacker who earned 2007 All-MEAC first-team defense honors. He logged 50 tackles, a team-high seven sacks and a league-high six forced fumbles. Wilson hails from Temple Hills, Md. He attended the Redskins' local college workout.



Redskins to Sign 13 Undrafted Rookies
Thanks for this info. I've copied and pasted this into the first post of the thread
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:29 PM   #86
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,029
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

It looks like we signrd wallace Gillberry
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #87
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
It looks like we signrd wallace Gillberry
Please see the original post (or even just the one before you posted) to see the full list
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #88
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Crummey went to the Chargers
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #89
Special Teams
 
Soup's Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 354
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Devin Clark, Dorian Smith & Curtis Gatewood sound like beasts.
Soup's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #90
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,627
Re: Official UDFA Signing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup's Uncle View Post
Devin Clark, Dorian Smith & Curtis Gatewood sound like beasts.
Which is, of course, why they went undrafted.

Not picking on you, but just trying to keep things in perspective. If we are looking for saviours in the OFA pile, we are screwed (not to put to fine a point on it). Yes, obviously, one or two of these guys may make the final cut, but, in today's scouting world, the real talent gets found and drafted. Some may build into solid back-ups, maybe even a passable starter. But the Joe Jacoby's are very few and very far between.

Again, if one or two of these guys stick around, that will be an incredible boon to us. Don't count on much more than that.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42009 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25