Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,261
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

the skins having a wr rated so high they couldnt pass on him even though they had other needs . . sounds like when we drafted taylor jacobs instead of mike doss, "we were just so surprised he was still there we had to do it!!"

go skins!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 29
Posts: 896
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

This guy is kind of turning into a gas bag who doesn't provide any real info. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and say the skins are going 13-3 this year...but one can at least be positive. This was a GOOD draft...we got three players with first round grades, and then proceeded to shore up some holes for depth. Initially, I didn't like passing on DL, but I think we did a good job, and I'll wait till after June 1st to make any judgments.
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,938
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

I call BS on the "being honest with fans" crap. What I infer from that is "being honest with journalists so when we write what they tell us we don't look like idiots after they do something different". I mean really how are they not being honest with fans? That doesn't even make sense. He just seem slightly bitter that his contacts are gone and he is left with the people he just doesn't like and can't get much info from.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #19
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the skins having a wr rated so high they couldnt pass on him even though they had other needs . . sounds like when we drafted taylor jacobs instead of mike doss, "we were just so surprised he was still there we had to do it!!"

go skins!
For the record, Mike Doss hasn't been a player either and is now a reserve with the Vikings (i.e. not the team that drafted him). Historical analogies are pretty slippery, and not all that useful, when it comes to the draft IMO.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,938
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the skins having a wr rated so high they couldnt pass on him even though they had other needs . . sounds like when we drafted taylor jacobs instead of mike doss, "we were just so surprised he was still there we had to do it!!"

go skins!
So the Skins are supposed to say to themselves "Say, look who's available. A player rated far and away better than anyone else on our board. Ohhh, but he is a WR and I remembr a couple years ago we drafted a WR in a very similar situation and it didn't work out. We better pass on the guy since we blew this once before."

Is that what you are saying?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,597
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

No surprise this article isnt liked as JLC doesnt fit into the herd mentaility of this site. I think JLC is more correct than not.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #22
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
No surprise this article isnt liked as JLC doesnt fit into the herd mentaility of this site. I think JLC is more correct than not.
You wouldn't be 'irish' if you didn't.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,597
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You wouldn't be 'irish' if you didn't.
And you wouldnt be a "knowledgeable" fan if you did. So I guess we are even.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
No surprise this article isnt liked as JLC doesnt fit into the herd mentaility of this site. I think JLC is more correct than not.
Sometimes the "herd" (if one actually exists) is wrong and sometimes it is right. You are under the mistaken impression that, by disagreeing with nearly every front office move and coaching decision, you are somehow more astute and objective than the rest of us. By reacting in such a knee-jerk fashion to nearly everything that happens at Redskins Park and FedEx Field, you are actually showing that you are totally incapable of viewing things objectively. You are absolutely incapable of seeing the good and the bad.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,597
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Sometimes the "herd" (if one actually exists) is wrong and sometimes it is right. You are under the mistaken impression that, by disagreeing with nearly every front office move and coaching decision, you are somehow more astute and objective than the rest of us. By reacting in such a knee-jerk fashion to nearly everything that happens at Redskins Park and FedEx Field, you are actually showing that you are totally incapable of viewing things objectively. You are absolutely incapable of seeing the good and the bad.
I think you are seeing it the wrong way. You said I disagree with nearly every move which means I agree with some, which I do. I can hardly think of anyone on this site besides myself that ever says anything negative about the Skins. In fact the way most talk on this board one would think the Skins are the 10 time defending Super Bowl champs instead of barely sniffing the playoffs in the past 15 years. In reality I am much more objective than 99% of the "knowledgeable" fans on this site.

I am certain that if you look back at the past posts you will see that anyone that says the Skins are great and making all the right moves is very astute and knowledgeable while anyone that utters a negative word is labeled as anti-redskin or not objective.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think you are seeing it the wrong way. You said I disagree with nearly every move which means I agree with some, which I do. I can hardly think of anyone on this site besides myself that ever says anything negative about the Skins. In fact the way most talk on this board one would think the Skins are the 10 time defending Super Bowl champs instead of barely sniffing the playoffs in the past 15 years. In reality I am much more objective than 99% of the "knowledgeable" fans on this site.

I am certain that if you look back at the past posts you will see that anyone that says the Skins are great and making all the right moves is very astute and knowledgeable while anyone that utters a negative word is labeled as anti-redskin or not objective.
I've been critical of an awful lot of things. If you really need me to, I'll go searching for evidence. I was critical of our failure to get help along the lines in the draft, notwithstanding our "BPA" philosophy. I was extremely critical of the attempt to trade for Chad Johnson. Skinsfan69 has been critical of a fair number of moves. I could go on and on.

As for your posts, I don't think I've EVER seen you say anything positive. You usually pop up when things go wrong and disappear when things are going well. IMO, you've taken things to extreme and go out of your way to complain about the state of the team. You rarely, if ever, talk about the bad AND the good.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,597
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I've been critical of an awful lot of things. If you really need me to, I'll go searching for evidence. I was critical of our failure to get help along the lines in the draft, notwithstanding our "BPA" philosophy. I was extremely critical of the attempt to trade for Chad Johnson. Skinsfan69 has been critical of a fair number of moves. I could go on and on.

As for your posts, I don't think I've EVER seen you say anything positive. You usually pop up when things go wrong and disappear when things are going well. IMO, you've taken things to extreme and go out of your way to complain about the state of the team. You rarely, if ever, talk about the bad AND the good.
You dont see the positive things I say because you are predisposed to viewing my posts as negative. I said I liked the skins getting the OL and punter in the draft and I also remember picking the Skins to win way more games in the weekly prediction than they did. I admit I do talk more bad but thats because the skins havent done much good over the past 15 years to get excited about but I have had positive posts.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Problem that is that when irish decides to focus on something negative, he'll spin things every way he can to keep it negative. First we're not keeping our own key players he says, then as we start to notice a definite trend that way (Jansen, Betts, Sellers, Cooley) he say it's not enough. Then when we re-sign Cartwright, it's why are we keeping this guy?

He can call it "keeping it real" but as I said in another thread a while back, being "real" is recognizing positive change, it's not all about the negative.

Skinsfan69 can annoy me sometimes (as I'm sure, I do him). But give me his posts and analysis 10 times out of 10 over irish's.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

irish was positive about Todd Collins, if nothing else.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Redskins Insider: Draft Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
No surprise this article isnt liked as JLC doesnt fit into the herd mentaility of this site. I think JLC is more correct than not.
From JLC's article:

"No team can go four wide receivers and two tight ends all the time. Just can't be done. Unless they plan on running a whole lot of empty backfield, it's going to be tricky utilizing all of these guys and the existing one. Yes, they certainly have great depth at pass catcher now, but at the expense of how much else?"

I tend not to listen to sportswriters (and fans who think they are "more correct than not") who don't have a clue.... JLC is correct, you can't run four WRs & two TEs. It requires 12 players, or an illegal formation.

JLCs credibility (and yours) just went out the window. JLC is the main Washington Post writer for the Redskins and he doesn't know enough about football to know the VERY basics. Embarrassing! HS players know this stuff.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29012 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25