Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Some Recent Skins Articles....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
81+83+84=Posse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salisbury, MD
Age: 37
Posts: 86
Some Recent Skins Articles....

Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...rankings/5.html

preseason ranking:

18. Washington. I can't think of a team in the NFL with more questions. With a big need at pass-rusher, the Redskins stayed out of the free-agent market totally and went receiver-tight end-receiver on their first three draft picks. I don't know if Jason Campbell is the long-term answer at quarterback; certainly the Redskins don't know either. Can Jim Zorn head-coach? Who knows? The one thing I do know is I like Dan Snyder getting off the Steinbrenner-esque spend-spend-spend merry-go-round and becoming a guy who just might be learning how to build a team. Might, I said.


Also look at his ten things I think I think for another Skins tidbit.

John Clayton

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum...john&id=3382195

The Redskins' Malcolm Kelly showed great hands, while their other new receiver, Devin Thomas, showed great speed. Both should expand the Redskins' offense. Plus, they are big targets, Kelly checking in at 225 pounds and Thomas at 224.

New Redskins coach Jim Zorn had the most entertaining minicamp. Jason Campbell seems to be responding to Zorn's unique coaching methods. Clinton Portis, in his best shape as a Redskin, almost beat safety LaRon Landry in a match race. Landry ran a 4.35 40 coming out of college, but Portis wanted to challenge him. Then there was second-round pick Fred Davis. He couldn't sleep Saturday night because his roommate wouldn't shut up. So he went to the desk of the hotel and asked for a different room. He slept until 11 a.m., and the team couldn't find him because he wasn't in the right room. Zorn wants his players alert -- but Fred, tell the roommate to shut up and don't forget the wakeup call.


USA Today

Redskins begin West Coast overhaul on offense - USATODAY.com

"I ran the West Coast my senior year at Auburn," Campbell said after the first minicamp practice on Friday. "A lot of the things we're doing, I've seen it before."


His adaptive nature runs parallel to the course of a franchise with a track record for frequent changes. Zorn, formerly the Seattle Seahawks' quarterbacks coach, is the Redskins' fifth coach in nine years.

Once again, there's a fresh start at Redskin Park.
81+83+84=Posse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
Special Teams
 
heybigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 369
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Here is another one -- but its confusing:
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL -

He lists the Eagles as a team, but in the intro he says:

"I strongly considered going with the Washington Redskins here, but decided that if the Redskins aren't convinced regarding Jason Campbell's current level of performance, then my skepticism should prevail."

What does that mean exactly?
__________________
Hail to the Redskins.
heybigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

PK thinks the Skins have the most questions in the league??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybigstar View Post
Here is another one -- but its confusing:
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL -

He lists the Eagles as a team, but in the intro he says:

"I strongly considered going with the Washington Redskins here, but decided that if the Redskins aren't convinced regarding Jason Campbell's current level of performance, then my skepticism should prevail."

What does that mean exactly?
Means he doesn't think it's the Skins, he thinks it's the Eagles.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
PK thinks the Skins have the most questions in the league??
I do see what he means:

Will the defense continue it's performance under Blache that it gave under GW? We as Skins fans assume it will, but it's still a change. Blache is changing some things after all, he's reducing the number of packages. We assume that will work, but are we sure?

Can our offensive line protect well enough when we're 4 and 5 wide?

Are our new WRs bums, or do we actually have depth now?

Can Andre Carter keep it up?

Can Campbell and the WRs pick up Zorn's new offense or will our timing be all funky for the first half of the year?

Will Zorn be capable of holding the team together through challenges like Gibbs always could? Will the team fight hard down the stretch like it did for Gibbs?

I could see us going 5-11, and I could see us going 11-5, and anywhere in between. I agree, we have a ton of questions.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

I'm not doubting we have questions but I think there are a bunch of teams far worse off.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

The press has to make a living during the offseason too. I just wish that they would make it talking about something that they might have a clue about (Facts versus speculation). There are questions about every team right now. Thanks for the insight genius. The truth is that we won't know anything until next Superbowl Sunday. Until the playoffs begin everyone still has a shot. Every team has strengths and weaknesses. It will pan out when it pans out. Stop pounding my team just because it doesn't stack up to your expectations of what a championship caliber team should have. There is no one team template that you can lay out and say "This team is going to win". They tried to do it with NE last season and look what happened. NE's weakness got exploited and they lost. Every team has a shot, so save that preseason speculation shit. Right now teams like Miami, St. Louis, and Atlanta scare me. Why?, because nobody can see them comming yet. At the same time for the same reasons people should fear the Skins. Because they didn't do enough, they have too many questions, and they drafted a punter. Nobody sees us comming.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybigstar View Post
Here is another one -- but its confusing:
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL -

He lists the Eagles as a team, but in the intro he says:

"I strongly considered going with the Washington Redskins here, but decided that if the Redskins aren't convinced regarding Jason Campbell's current level of performance, then my skepticism should prevail."

What does that mean exactly?
Ok I'm confused, this article is supposed to be about teams that missed the playoffs last year.

Quote:
Each qualifying team must satisfy the burden of having been either mediocre or downright awful in 2007.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm not doubting we have questions but I think there are a bunch of teams far worse off.
I'd agree, but lots of questions don't necessitate a bad team. It just means you have so many questions that it's really hard to predict what's going to happen with the team.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #10
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,878
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
PK thinks the Skins have the most questions in the league??
lol...come on man, it's hard to make shit up for all 32 teams in the league.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #11
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

schneed, i like your point about Carter. he quietly had a very good year. im surprised there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about him, around here
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
schneed, i like your point about Carter. he quietly had a very good year. im surprised there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about him, around here

In the pre-draft PC Vinny took a moment to point out the fact AC had a very good year, and his (10) sacks along side Wilson & Daniels who shared (9 1/2) between them gave the team a total of (19 1/2) form the DE position. That's considered very good production and could be partly the reason why they didn't feel it an absolute that they draft mainly for this position, hoping that Wilson will only improve.

There will always be critics regardless of what a team does, or does not do to improve during the off-season. No team will ever go into the season declaring themselves a perfect team because there is no such thing. As mentioned before, every team has both it's strengths and weaknesses, and the only proof of how they will perform is over a sixteen game schedule. If we could actually predict the outcome before the games are played, it wouldn't be much fun watching.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Obviously PK doesn't think we're the worst team in the league, otherwise he'd put us at 32nd and not 18th. He has a lot of questions about us because frankly he doesn't know what to make of a few things. I'm in the exact same boat.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #14
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,878
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Questions, yes, but most questions? I-don't-think-so!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsTerps424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Poolesville, MD
Posts: 23
Re: Some Recent Skins Articles....

Bottom line is Peter King is a Giants fan and a Skins hater, he always has been, and he always will be. Im not saying we don't have questions. This is the truth with any new regime, system, new players, players getting older etc. The fact of the matter is we kept most of the team together through the offseason. I don't know if PK has forgotten but the Skins were a playoff team last year. You can't tell me that by losing basically no players and adding depth we have actually fallen into the bottom half of the league. It's stupid and its said every year no matter what direction the Skins go in the offseason.
SkinsTerps424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29500 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25