Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thomas/Jansen article

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #31
Camp Scrub
 
snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Re: Thomas/Jansen article

next years draft we have sum beast o line or dline fall to us at the number 30 spot since we will lose in the nfc champ game we draft him and nothin but linemen in nxt yrs draft since both our lines are ageing and bring in sum youtful talent
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #32
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Thomas/Jansen article

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
next years draft we have sum beast o line or dline fall to us at the number 30 spot since we will lose in the nfc champ game we draft him and nothin but linemen in nxt yrs draft since both our lines are ageing and bring in sum youtful talent
Dude. Not a comma? Not a period? ageing? youtful?

Seriously?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 567
Re: Thomas/Jansen article

I just think that the Redskins can't run like in the old days (the '80s), and I'm used to seeing them knock people over for John Riggins. Now it seems like it's the other way around. The Gibbs 1 teams had monstrous offensive lines that helped ram the ball down other teams' defenses. I remember "The Diesel" and RFK, and I want those days back. I want other teams to actually FEAR playing the Redskins. I know I'm not making any sense, but when I think of Fabini and Heyer and Wade, I remember seeing them getting pushed around a lot. I want the O-line to be stronger than the last five or six years, and if the current players work to get stronger, then I'll be satisfied. But if they keep playing at the same level as these past few years, I look for Jason Campbell to be scrambling for his life. I know it's not acceptable to criticize the Redskins on this site, but I honestly want the O-line to be successful.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #34
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Thomas/Jansen article

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
I just think that the Redskins can't run like in the old days (the '80s), and I'm used to seeing them knock people over for John Riggins. Now it seems like it's the other way around. The Gibbs 1 teams had monstrous offensive lines that helped ram the ball down other teams' defenses. I remember "The Diesel" and RFK, and I want those days back. I want other teams to actually FEAR playing the Redskins. I know I'm not making any sense, but when I think of Fabini and Heyer and Wade, I remember seeing them getting pushed around a lot. I want the O-line to be stronger than the last five or six years, and if the current players work to get stronger, then I'll be satisfied. But if they keep playing at the same level as these past few years, I look for Jason Campbell to be scrambling for his life. I know it's not acceptable to criticize the Redskins on this site, but I honestly want the O-line to be successful.
I'd say your memory is pretty good. If any one of these guys is part of the regular rotation we will not be dominant on offense. I wish we had made huge investments in our o-line too, but it would have made for a completely different draft (probably needed to trade up to get an immediate starter to replace Jansen/Kendall). It sucks to rely on hope but that's where we're at: hoping that injuries are few and far between. I have to expect Jansen to go down, probably early, and I hope Rhinehart can come in a play w/ a mean streak. I know he may be better suited for G but Jansen IMO is most likely to break and Heyer has never shown a mean streak.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #35
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Thomas/Jansen article

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I'd say your memory is pretty good. If any one of these guys is part of the regular rotation we will not be dominant on offense. I wish we had made huge investments in our o-line too, but it would have made for a completely different draft (probably needed to trade up to get an immediate starter to replace Jansen/Kendall). It sucks to rely on hope but that's where we're at: hoping that injuries are few and far between. I have to expect Jansen to go down, probably early, and I hope Rhinehart can come in a play w/ a mean streak. I know he may be better suited for G but Jansen IMO is most likely to break and Heyer has never shown a mean streak.
I agree he hasn't shown a mean streak but for a rookie going in like that and holding his own against the likes of Jason Taylor you have to give him some credit. I think Heyer is a potential starter it's just a matter of when Jansen either calls it quits or injuries force him to call it quits.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #36
Impact Rookie
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 531
Re: Thomas/Jansen article

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm very worried about Jansen. In 06 he was getting pushed around quite a bit and he was healthy. Now he's two years older and coming off a serious injury where he missed a whole season. Heyer had better be ready.
Definitely a concern. He's one of those guys who is so easy to love because he became much more than was ever expected of him. He has been a true Redskin, and one of our best role players. It would be a pity if his skills deteriorated to the point where he no longer started, because he brings so much more to the team than just his level of play.

And on an unrelated note, despite his recent injuries, I think we can safely say that Jansen is not injury prone. The injuries he's had recently would fell an elephant.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19170 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25