Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGTIMUS PRIME View Post
Campbell has a lot to prove, because he has proven nothing up till now. Tremendous upside? Athletically, yes, mentally? I haven't seen a hint of that upside, QB is all about the smarts, the NFL is full of athletically gifted dummy's at QB.
Are you implying Campbell is a "dummy"? Did you not read post # 51?

I'm sure we will be referring back to this thread once the season starts. I'll take the heat if Campbell fails to develop, but be sure I'll be calling out you and those that said or implied JC doesn't have the smarts to cut it when we see improvement.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #77
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
True, that Leinart fell in to a system with 2 pro-bowl receivers but lets face facts also, the O-line that Leinart has to protect him is far from being one of the best in the league. I mean that line last season gave up 24 sacks and only alowed there running game to average 3.6 yards a carry only leaving KC and the Bears worse than them. Where Ben and Rivers not only fell in to a good system but they also fell in to good teams...
I give you the O-line bit...But only person who benefit from that was Big Ben..Phillip Rivers line isn't much to go bragging about. Last year they didn't give any help to Rivers or L.T. who looked more like Barry Sanders who had to create his own runs rather then Willie Parker who got 4 yards before he was touched.
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #78
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGTIMUS PRIME View Post
So far he has been on the field, not to say he's Joe pisarcik out there, but he's shown no real ability to read a defense and pick it apart.




You may want to re check your facts on the wonderlic scores Cambell scored a 23.

NFL Quarterback Wonderlic scores

From what I have heard is a player can study to pass the wonderlic which doesn't necessarily make him smart, 1 thing for sure is that test will never measure football smarts which really comes down to instinct at the position, if you look at those test scores there are a lot of high scores from players who couldn't sniff the field.

Bottom line is the player needs to prove it on the field and Campbell has been far from that, lets hope the WCO which has made many a QB look much better than he really was gets him going.
The initial article I referenced is listed first. I double-checked my facts from reputable/reliable sources.

Rumors and Rants: Bring On The Annual Wonderlic Fun

USATODAY.com

NFL Draft - NFL draft preview and analysis from Pro Football Weekly

Before I quote a blog from some strategic analyst at a non-profit in Northern VA who used to work for the college paper, I would make sure he has the right info, which he doesn't. I've seen the number of 23 on a couple of other blogs which is probably the average of the three times Campbell took the test. The first time he got a 14, the second a 27, the third a 28.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the season because although Campbell has made some mistakes he has made some very good plays and is making progress and will be at worst a solid NFL QB.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #79
Camp Scrub
 
redskinsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: dc area
Posts: 78
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I understand what you are saying, I am not defending Campbell. I am just saying that Ben and Rivers had everything set up for them to succeed. And the one thing that you are missing is that Campbell did not have a very good playcaller and the offense that he was running has not fully matured under Sanders and Gibbs. I guess you could say that some of the offense was predictable at times...
I agree. Hello everyone Im new to Warpath.

I think Gibbs didn't give JC a chance to prove himself. Also why blame JC for the Dallas/Tampa games(or any of the other 5 losses) when his teammates were not doing their part. I think JC did well with what he had to work with.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #80
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsgirl View Post
I agree. Hello everyone Im new to Warpath.

I think Gibbs didn't give JC a chance to prove himself. Also why blame JC for the Dallas/Tampa games(or any of the other 5 losses) when his teammates were not doing their part. I think JC did well with what he had to work with.
Welcome to the board redskinsgirl.

As far as your thoughts on Gibbs and JC, I think he and Saunders gave JC as much as they thought he could handle. Saunders' offense probably wasn't the best fit for him and coupled with the usual QB growing pains, he struggled a bit. Hopefully he'll improve dramatically under Zorn.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #81
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,982
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsgirl View Post
I agree. Hello everyone Im new to Warpath.

I think Gibbs didn't give JC a chance to prove himself. Also why blame JC for the Dallas/Tampa games(or any of the other 5 losses) when his teammates were not doing their part. I think JC did well with what he had to work with.
Welcome to the board.

Why do you say that Gibbs didn't give Campbell a chance to prove himself? Are you saying that they limited the offense when he was in there and then opened it up for Collins?
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #82
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,653
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

I don't think it's any secret that the offense was more limited with JC at the helm and honestly I thought that was the right approach with a young QB. You could see things opening up as the season went on though as JC was calling his own plays when they ran the no huddle.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #83
Camp Scrub
 
redskinsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: dc area
Posts: 78
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Welcome to the board.

Why do you say that Gibbs didn't give Campbell a chance to prove himself? Are you saying that they limited the offense when he was in there and then opened it up for Collins?
Yes I felt they limited the offense with him. I feel that Gibbs just wanted to ease him into the system. I think they trust Collins a little more because he was in the system longer.

I feel some fans haven't given JC a chance. He only played 16 games. He may not have played like Brady, but he didn't do a bad job.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #84
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,479
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
The initial article I referenced is listed first. I double-checked my facts from reputable/reliable sources.

Rumors and Rants: Bring On The Annual Wonderlic Fun

USATODAY.com

NFL Draft - NFL draft preview and analysis from Pro Football Weekly

Before I quote a blog from some strategic analyst at a non-profit in Northern VA who used to work for the college paper, I would make sure he has the right info, which he doesn't. I've seen the number of 23 on a couple of other blogs which is probably the average of the three times Campbell took the test. The first time he got a 14, the second a 27, the third a 28.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the season because although Campbell has made some mistakes he has made some very good plays and is making progress and will be at worst a solid NFL QB.
Who cares about this test? Alex Smith scored a 40, was the #1 pick of the 05 draft and he's not NFL material.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #85
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,875
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
My question to the Campbell bashers-what games did he COST us last season? I've watched all of our games at least 3 times from last year and I can't pinpoint one where he just f-ed it up so badly we had no chance to win.

I will grant that he didn't outright win any games for us yet (though the 1st Philly game is close), but he put us in position to win 4 more games (NYG-terrible playcalling 2nd half, TB-6 turnovers, Dallas-the TO show, Philly-Reggie Brown long TD & Westbrook screen) that by virtue of turnovers or defensive collapses we were in need of him bailing us out.
Before I begin, let me just say I'm one of the biggest Campbell fans in this board and with another year of proper devolopment in Zorn's system I really think he can be an elite quarterback in this league, but I also feel there were 2 games that he directly attributed to the loss at last year.

The first game was the Dallas game, let's just say percentage wise our defense giving up 4 touchdowns to Dallas was probably the biggest reason we lost the game, but don't forget that on our final drive Campbell drove us down the field into the red zone, and then threw a direct pass to Terance Newman who got the pick and that ended the game. That was Campbell's mistake and had he not thrown that game ending interception there was probably a 50/50 shot that we get a touchdown and win the game.

The second was the Tampa Bay game. Again, the biggest reason we probably lost was 6 turnovers, but let's not forget that we were in the game until the end. Once again, Campbell drove us down the field, managing the clock and picking up yards, and then we got into the red zone and he threw a pick to Ronde Barber. That's the second game where you could say he directly cost us, because that effectively ended the game and we lost again, and again, there was probably a 50/50 shot had he not thrown that interception that we get a touchdown and we win the game.

I'm not trying to say Campbell sucks here, because right now I do believe that he is a manageable quarterback in this league and with Zorn's help he can become elite, but I do believe that those two plays cost us the chance to win both games last year. Personally, I attributed those game-ending interceptions to the fact that he's young and very inexperienced when it comes to game winning drives, and once he gets more experience with that it shouldn't be much of a problem.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #86
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Jason Campbell pulled his hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Who cares about this test? Alex Smith scored a 40, was the #1 pick of the 05 draft and he's not NFL material.
I pulled this info in response to people who implied/said that Campbell "lacked brains". Based on the Wonderlic, his scores are in line with some of the top NFL QBs. I would say that the personnel departments of every NFL team care about the Wonderlic or they wouldn't give the test or use it in their player evaluations.

Are there several other factors that go into someone developing into a solid NFL QB, absolutely.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26549 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25