Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #46
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Please tell me you are not serious.
I'm dead serious! Punks like these guys should be done away with.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm dead serious! Punks like these guys should be done away with.
Very myopic viewpoint. I suppose you don't care much for the constitution, rule of law, or due process. People who usually think such things haven't really thought things through. Sorry if that sounds incredibly arrogant and obnoxious, but it's true IMO.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #48
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Again, you can't be serious. If you are, you'd do quite well in 1930s Germany, Russia, China and similar places. Thank god we have these rules called laws.
I believe very very very strongly in an eye for an eye. If you have the balls to break into someones home, with a gun and shoot a man while he is sleeping with his G/F and child, then I have no damn mercy for you. Would you feel differently if the shooter missed and hit and killed the child?? Sorry but when something like this happens I could give two shits about the law, or the constitution. Just thinking about how all this went down makes me very angry and I feel very sad for ST's child and girlfriend. The child is never going to know her father. Since the shooter can't be put in an alligator pit, or put in front of a firing squad, I hope someone gives him jail justice.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #49
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,975
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
When you have a clear cut case like this one then there should be no trial for the trigger man. He should be put in front of a firing squad.
How is it so clear cut who the trigger man actually is in this case? Do you have photographic evidence? Are there multiple, credible witness who are all saying the exact same thing? Do you have the murder weapon with his finger prints on it? Was the gunman over the age of 17 when this happened?

Listen, I hope these kids are convicted and sent away for a long, LONG time and I hope every day they spend in prison is worse than the last but there is a process that must be followed for every case or we risk living in a country where the police can kick in your door and drag you off to Room 101 just because your neighbor said she thinks you did something bad.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #50
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I believe very very very strongly in an eye for an eye. If you have the balls to break into someones home, with a gun and shoot a man while he is sleeping with his G/F and child, then I have no damn mercy for you. Would you feel differently if the shooter missed and hit and killed the child?? Sorry but when something like this happens I could give two shits about the law, or the constitution. Just thinking about how all this went down makes me very angry and I feel very sad for ST's child and girlfriend. The child is never going to know her father. Since the shooter can't be put in an alligator pit, or put in front of a firing squad, I hope someone gives him jail justice.
Rules and laws are important. The notion that emotion should dictate our justice system is quite scary. I'll reiterate my previous statement ... people that believe that the law is insignificant are typically hotheaded, are allowing their emotions to cloud their judgment, and being very short-sighted.

Who decides when it is a "clear cut" case that warrants summary execution? Are there are "rules" governing whether it is a clear cut case? Can the "decider's" opinion be appealed? They do things your way in Saudi Arabia, the Sudan, China, Nazi Germany, and Russia. Maybe you think we've got it all wrong and they've got it all right.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #51
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
How is it so clear cut who the trigger man actually is in this case? Do you have photographic evidence? Are there multiple, credible witness who are all saying the exact same thing? Do you have the murder weapon with his finger prints on it? Was the gunman over the age of 17 when this happened?

Listen, I hope these kids are convicted and sent away for a long, LONG time and I hope every day they spend in prison is worse than the last but there is a process that must be followed for every case or we risk living in a country where the police can kick in your door and drag you off to Room 101 just because your neighbor said she thinks you did something bad.
I believe the guy admitted that he was the triggerman plus the rest of the guys said the same thing. If he didn't do it then why did he confess? He's was 17 when he did the crime and that's old enough to know what the hell you're doing. The process is too long and there is too much BS and wasted tax dollars. I know my way of justice will never ever see the light of day in this country. My point was if it did then we'd see a whole lot less of what happened to ST.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #52
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I believe the guy admitted that he was the triggerman plus the rest of the guys said the same thing. If he didn't do it then why did he confess?
The above statement ignores the fact that many people have confessed to crimes which they did not commit. I know a guy who admitted to a crime he did not commit after enduring a 12 hour interrogation in which he was sleep deprived and too young to really think things through. Rivera is almost certainly guilty, but experience proves that oftentimes the "clear cut" cases are not what they seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's was 17 when he did the crime and that's old enough to know what the hell you're doing.
8 year olds are old enough to recognize that when they fire a gun at someone, they can kill them. Should we start executing 8 year olds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The process is too long and there is too much BS and wasted tax dollars.
Are you familiar with the legal system, or are you basing your opinion on news articles written by people who are not legal scholars? No offense intended, but people who think that our legal system makes no sense are usually the very same people who have the least amount of experience with and knowledge of the legal system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I know my way of justice will never ever see the light of day in this country. My point was if it did then we'd see a whole lot less of what happened to ST.
That's probably true, but would you want to live in that kind of police state? I'm surprised that you have so little regard for our constitution.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,576
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

wow didn't take long for this thread to take a retarded turn
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
wow didn't take long for this thread to take a retarded turn
Agreed. Apologies to all for my thread-jacking.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #55
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
Unhappy re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
wow didn't take long for this thread to take a retarded turn
oh c'mon. quit being a party pooper.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
The above statement ignores the fact that many people have confessed to crimes which they did not commit. I know a guy who admitted to a crime he did not commit after enduring a 12 hour interrogation in which he was sleep deprived and too young to really think things through. Rivera is almost certainly guilty, but experience proves that oftentimes the "clear cut" cases are not what they seem.



8 year olds are old enough to recognize that when they fire a gun at someone, they can kill them. Should we start executing 8 year olds?



Are you familiar with the legal system, or are you basing your opinion on news articles written by people who are not legal scholars? No offense intended, but people who think that our legal system makes no sense are usually the very same people who have the least amount of experience with and knowledge of the legal system.



That's probably true, but would you want to live in that kind of police state? I'm surprised that you have so little regard for our constitution.
No we don't need to kill 8 year olds. That's not what I'm saying.
We just have different views on it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So many "clear cut" cases have ended in putting innocent people to death. Just saying.
I am a death penalty opponent but I think your statement is a gross over-statement.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #58
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,576
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I am a death penalty opponent but I think your statement is a gross over-statement.
Why is it a gross overstatement to say that innocent people have been put to death? Is that not true?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #59
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Why is it a gross overstatement to say that innocent people have been put to death? Is that not true?
I admittedly don't know the numbers but I consider myself relatively well informed and I know of no cases at all. The assertion that there are numerous such cases is an over statement based on what I know. All in all though even one such case is enough to persuade me against the death penalty anyways. And I am absolutely sure there has been someone executed wrongly. I have no doubts about that at all. Simple statistics so it is a certainty.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #60
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
re: No Death Penalty for Taylor's Killers; Fifth Suspect Charged; Suspect Pleads Guilty

My quick online research of Wikipedia(never wrong!) shows that there are only a few highly suspicious cases that may have been wrongful executions in the US. Wrongful execution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47836 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25