Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Colt Brennan

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #61
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Colt Brennan

Quite honestly, I can't imagine Colt Brennan starting here, or anywhere else in this league. The offense he ran in college was like a backyard football game, and I think a big reason he put up such great numbers was because of the teams they played. The Sugar Bowl is a great showcase of what Hawaii did against real competition. Even when Brennan didn't have a defender in his face he was still making poor decisions.
I can assure you though, if Campbell isn't the answer, neither is Brennan.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #62
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Are you seriously faulting a guy for his teams performance against a superior SEC team. There was only 1 other playmaker on that offensive unit. Everyone else was just a body lining up against the superior recruiting of Georgia. Oh you're right, I can see how that is Colt Brennan's fault.
I agree, and no I'm not a Georgia fan (or a Tech fan for that matter), far from it actually but if you watched the game Brennen had almost no time to throw. I will admit Brennen made some bad plays when he didn't have pressure, but for the most part there was a Georgia defender in his face almost everytime he dropped back to pass, and despite that he was able to get the ball off. Of course in the end he was sacked 8 times, and personally a lot of those sacks looked like he was reached in less then 3 seconds, not necessarily sacked, but close enough to prevent him from setting his feet. If you don't believe me then see for yourself.



Also, far be it for Synder to pass up a money making opportunity, even if it is a relatively small one.

CB Jerseys for Sale

May 19, 2008 1 Comment

available now at Redskins.com
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #63
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,226
Re: Colt Brennan

Best case scenario for Colt:

Makes team as #3 this year. After 2 more seasons Collins retires and he becomes #2 and re-signs a 4 yr contract. Two more years of spot duty and sensational preseason games he is his generations Rob Johnson. Skins let him go for a #2 pick and he takes over another team after Zorn, Collins, and other veterans and coaches have gotten him as ready as possible.

Sounds good to me.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #64
Special Teams
 
J. Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: off the grid
Posts: 192
Re: Colt Brennan

lol, sure are a whole lot of prescient people in this thread. somebody please tell me the lottery numbers! who will win the presidential election? will i ever find TRUE LOVE???
J. Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #65
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Colt Brennan

i think maybe he should make the final roster before we start calling him the next montana... just maybe...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Colt Brennan

On a postive note, the front office got this guy in the 6th round & they have an opening for the #3 qb spot, nothing more. It's an ideal scenario to determine whether or not he has enough upside to keep around & groom to be the #2 qb in 2010.

If he does nothing more than simply make the team, you still have to look at this as another example of how important it is to keep draft picks & have the flexibility to take some inexpensive chances on players in the late rounds.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #67
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post

CB Jerseys for Sale

May 19, 2008 1 Comment

available now at Redskins.com
Funny post Dude, i almost pissed myself laughing! Good stuff 359
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #68
Camp Scrub
 
Spongetoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Colt Brennan

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but i am one of Colt's biggest fans and felt the need to defend him.

Yes, he played at Hawaii in a weak conference in a very pass-heavy offense. And yes, this gave him an opportunity to throw more touchdown passes than other QBs who throw the ball less, but look at his other stats. He had about a 70% completion percentage over his career and his efficiency ratings were off the charts. These are stats that can't be inflated by the number of passes he threw and you have to be incredibly accurate to attain those stats, no matter who you're playing.

Also, people are quick to forget Hawaii's games against teams like Wisconsin, USC, Arizona State, Alabama, Purdue and Oregon State. His numbers were very impressive in those games and very similar to the ones he put up against WAC teams.

Clearly I'm biased (you could probably even call it a man crush...) but I strongly believe that Jim Zorn is the guy who can develop Colt into a big-time player. He is just thankful to have a shot in the NFL and is going to work his ass off for you guys.
Spongetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #69
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i think maybe he should make the final roster before we start calling him the next montana... just maybe...
I think they're planning on letting him make the roster no matter what. You don't charge $75 for a rookie replica jersey in your team shop if you're not sure that the guy will make the team. Plus with all the hoopla surrounding Brennan as well Cerrato going on record during the draft to talk about how much they like him, I doubt that the front office releases him short of Colt commiting a double homicide.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,961
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongetoe View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but i am one of Colt's biggest fans and felt the need to defend him.

Yes, he played at Hawaii in a weak conference in a very pass-heavy offense. And yes, this gave him an opportunity to throw more touchdown passes than other QBs who throw the ball less, but look at his other stats. He had about a 70% completion percentage over his career and his efficiency ratings were off the charts. These are stats that can't be inflated by the number of passes he threw and you have to be incredibly accurate to attain those stats, no matter who you're playing.

Also, people are quick to forget Hawaii's games against teams like Wisconsin, USC, Arizona State, Alabama, Purdue and Oregon State. His numbers were very impressive in those games and very similar to the ones he put up against WAC teams.

Clearly I'm biased (you could probably even call it a man crush...) but I strongly believe that Jim Zorn is the guy who can develop Colt into a big-time player. He is just thankful to have a shot in the NFL and is going to work his ass off for you guys.
Welcome to the board. Good points. Great username!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #71
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongetoe View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but i am one of Colt's biggest fans and felt the need to defend him.

Yes, he played at Hawaii in a weak conference in a very pass-heavy offense. And yes, this gave him an opportunity to throw more touchdown passes than other QBs who throw the ball less, but look at his other stats. He had about a 70% completion percentage over his career and his efficiency ratings were off the charts. These are stats that can't be inflated by the number of passes he threw and you have to be incredibly accurate to attain those stats, no matter who you're playing.

Also, people are quick to forget Hawaii's games against teams like Wisconsin, USC, Arizona State, Alabama, Purdue and Oregon State. His numbers were very impressive in those games and very similar to the ones he put up against WAC teams.

Clearly I'm biased (you could probably even call it a man crush...) but I strongly believe that Jim Zorn is the guy who can develop Colt into a big-time player. He is just thankful to have a shot in the NFL and is going to work his ass off for you guys.
Great post.
As I have stated in several posts, I have watched Colt, this kid has something special. I do not agree he's NFL ready, but how many qb's are out of college? I thought Hasslebeck was a terrible qb at BC, and thought no way he'd be a good qb. The fact that he is, means Zorn did one hell of a job. I have faith that if anyone will turn this kid into an NFL product, it will be Zorn.
I am looking for a Brennan authentic, or at least a replithentic...does anyone know where I could get one? (no replica's for me)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #72
Camp Scrub
 
Spongetoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Great post.
As I have stated in several posts, I have watched Colt, this kid has something special. I do not agree he's NFL ready, but how many qb's are out of college? I thought Hasslebeck was a terrible qb at BC, and thought no way he'd be a good qb. The fact that he is, means Zorn did one hell of a job. I have faith that if anyone will turn this kid into an NFL product, it will be Zorn.
I am looking for a Brennan authentic, or at least a replithentic...does anyone know where I could get one? (no replica's for me)
Thanks for the warm welcome. And I totally agree on the Zorn thing. As far as the jersey goes, are the customizable ones at nflshop.com what you're looking for?
Spongetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #73
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongetoe View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. And I totally agree on the Zorn thing. As far as the jersey goes, are the customizable ones at nflshop.com what you're looking for?
Those numbers are screened on though right? I am looking for sewn on name and numbers.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26734 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25