Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #61
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Anyone who thinks Stuart Schweigert is going to be a Strong Safety for us needs to go to Redskins.com and watch Greg Blache's press conference. Blache calls Schweigert a, "pure Free Safety," and that he is here to compete at the FS position. Schweigert is not your prototypical SS, he is not suited to be an "in the box" type of player because his tackling is sub-par. In Oakland, and at Purdue Schweigert was exclusivley a FS, and there is no reason to believe that he could be a SS for us, he just simply does not have the skill set.
He (Blache) also said it was too soon to determine who was going to be starting where. Like I said when someone from Redskins Park makes an announcement I will go from there. Right now I have no reason to believe that anyone but Laron Landry is starting at FS.



Schweigert said he's been told that Landry is the projected starter at strong safety. Landry finished last season at free safety after the death of Sean Taylor, with Reed Doughty starting at strong safety.
Defensive coordinate Greg Blache said it was too early to say where Landry will line up.

"He could start as a free safety or a strong safety," Blache said. "Right now, there's no need to rush into that."
Redskins sign Schweigert - USATODAY.com



Last edited by KLHJ2; 06-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #62
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Anyone who thinks Stuart Schweigert is going to be a Strong Safety for us needs to go to Redskins.com and watch Greg Blache's press conference. Blache calls Schweigert a, "pure Free Safety," and that he is here to compete at the FS position. Schweigert is not your prototypical SS, he is not suited to be an "in the box" type of player because his tackling is sub-par. In Oakland, and at Purdue Schweigert was exclusivley a FS, and there is no reason to believe that he could be a SS for us, he just simply does not have the skill set.
I was wrong to think that Schweigert can be a Strong Safety though.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #63
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,066
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
He (Blache) also said it was too soon to determine who was going to be starting where. Like I said when someone from Redskins Park makes an announcement I will go from there. Right now I have no reason to believe that anyone but Laron Landry is starting at FS.



Schweigert said he's been told that Landry is the projected starter at strong safety. Landry finished last season at free safety after the death of Sean Taylor, with Reed Doughty starting at strong safety.
Defensive coordinate Greg Blache said it was too early to say where Landry will line up.

"He could start as a free safety or a strong safety," Blache said. "Right now, there's no need to rush into that."
Redskins sign Schweigert - USATODAY.com

I absolutely agree. It is to early to say where any of the safeties line up. To me it just comes down to: Is Schweigert a better FS than Doughty is a SS? vice versa. Whoever comes out on top is going to be the starter opposite Landry, and it will determine which position Landry plays.

Last edited by RMSkins; 06-04-2008 at 08:03 PM.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #64
No new threads for you
 
smoot27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 51
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

I like stu but i don't think hes worth the player to change Landry to SS when at FS he did better.

But its whatever i just want the skins to still have a good D and win games no matter what.
smoot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #65
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

I really think that moving Laron Landry from the FS position would be a huge detriment to this team. Stuart Schweigert, while decent, just can't fly around the field the way I would like and the way I am accustomed to seeing Redskins' free safeties for the past few years. Landry was a monster at the end of the season, no reason for Blache to move him. Schweigert is not nearly good enough to push Landry into the SS role.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #66
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

IF Landry stayed at FS (a move I wouldn't argue w/), do you Schweigert would be the starting SS or do you think that would go to Doughty? It's a great competition, but if they are competing for SS I think it makes the competition a lot more even for Doughty.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #67
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Well, apparently no one thinks that Schweigert can play SS so I think he'll have to be relegated to backing up both positions as I don't see what more attractive options there are at SS than Doughty. I really don't believe that Schweigert couldn't play SS in this system, but he'd really have to improve his tackling.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #68
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

I'm sure Stu is a fin gentleman and a fine FS. But putting him back to patrol the field over Landry ? Have you seen the race against Portis ?


Nuff said !
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Added Blache: "He's a pure free safety...I'm not going to make any predictions at this time, but he is a guy with starting experience in this league. He has a chance to compete and add to our depth."

Shakeup In Secondary?
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #70
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,594
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Added Blache: "He's a pure free safety...I'm not going to make any predictions at this time, but he is a guy with starting experience in this league. He has a chance to compete and add to our depth."

Shakeup In Secondary?
U beat me to it.. It's kinda interesting since Blache said that Stu has the ability to be ball hawk.. I really do hope that LaRon will stay as FS but oh well, whatever works out for Blache..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #71
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,819
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

I think it would be a bad idea to move Schweigert to starting free safety and move Landry to SS again. Landry/Doughty did a great job at FS/SS last year in the wake of ST's passing on and I think they've earned the right to start there this year. I have no idea why Blache called Schweigert a ballhawk, 4 interceptions in 4 years does not scream ballhawk to me, ST had that many in 9 games last year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,839
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think it would be a bad idea to move Schweigert to starting free safety and move Landry to SS again. Landry/Doughty did a great job at FS/SS last year in the wake of ST's passing on and I think they've earned the right to start there this year. I have no idea why Blache called Schweigert a ballhawk, 4 interceptions in 4 years does not scream ballhawk to me, ST had that many in 9 games last year.
Great point. The Raiders did cut him. They didn't just bench him, they kicked him off the team. There must be something about him or his play they do not like.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #73
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,594
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Great point. The Raiders did cut him. They didn't just bench him, they kicked him off the team. There must be something about him or his play they do not like.
Exactly but once again - Ryan Clark was cut and he was pretty good when he was Skins.. It is the systems that some players are not fit in, let's just hope that Stu is better than we credit him to be..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #74
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,908
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Shakeup At Safety?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 AM   #75
No new threads for you
 
smoot27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 51
Re: Stuart Schweigert a Redskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I want him to start, he seems like a cool guy....huh? WTF are you talking about?

Wouldn't you much rather just see the BEST player EARN the position on the field? Does that make any sense?

You'll have to put down the pipe for just a moment.....I have absolutely no clue what your second sentence is supposed to mean? Never mind, moving on.
Want him to start.
smoot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30931 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25