Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,699
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I seem to remember Owens "dropping" 8 receptions for 173 yards and 4 TD's in the one game against Washington last November.
I also remember that Sean Taylor wasn't playing. He could have made a big difference in that game.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #17
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,301
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I seem to remember Owens "dropping" 8 receptions for 173 yards and 4 TD's in the one game against Washington last November.
That was the one Taylor was injured for, just before his death.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,523
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I seem to remember Owens "dropping" 8 receptions for 173 yards and 4 TD's in the one game against Washington last November.
It's funny how many Cowboy fans forget the other games where he was a non factor. Just like everyone else said, Taylor was out and there wasn't a plan in place. Tell me that Moss wouldn't have dropped the same kind of yardage on a second string safety (hell, he did it against FIRST string Roy Williams, but I try not to harp on that )
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Last edited by TheMalcolmConnection; 06-04-2008 at 07:01 PM.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #19
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
It's funny how many Cowboy fans forget the other games where he was a non factor. Just like everyone else said, Taylor was out and there wasn't a plan in place. Tell me that Moss wouldn't have dropped the same kind of yardage on a second string safety (hell, he did it against FIRST string Roy Williams, but I try not to harp on that )
You know we will always see "apples and oranges" on this subject. But as for those "other games" you mentioned from Owens first season with Dallas, that was the year that Owens played the entire season with a broken bone in his hand, and although he led the league in dropped balls, he still led the league in TD's too. He played hurt the whole season and had surgery in the off-season to fix that bone in his hand.

In the same spirit though, we have all seen Santana Moss take himself out of games for one reason or another.

And the only game Owens played last year against Washington was in November of last season, he did not play the second game due to a high ankle sprain.

Last edited by sandtrapjack; 06-05-2008 at 09:07 AM.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #20
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
You know we will always see "apples and oranges" on this subject. But as for those "other games" you mentioned from Owens first season with Dallas, that was the year that Owens played the entire season with a broken bone in his hand, and although he led the league in dropped balls, he still led the league in TD's too. He played hurt the whole season and had surgery in the off-season to fix that bone in his hand.

In the same spirit though, we have all seen Santana Moss take himself out of games for one reason or another.

And the only game Owens played last year against Washington was in November of last season, he did not play the second game due to a high ankle sprain.

I believe that one of our DB's broke his hand in that first season you speak of. Can't remember his name though. It was some 3rd or 4th stringer. Not Ade Jimoh but.... It doesn't matter
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #21
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Well my thought is this. Since joining Dallas, Owens has faced the Redskins 3 times. In those 3 games his combined numbers are 18 receptions, 268 yards and 5 TD's.

Those numbers are not outlandish, but I'll take'em
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #22
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Well my thought is this. Since joining Dallas, Owens has faced the Redskins 3 times. In those 3 games his combined numbers are 18 receptions, 268 yards and 5 TD's.

Those numbers are not outlandish, but I'll take'em
Santana Moss in 5 games against the Cowboys has 28 rececptions 537 yards and 4 TD's. Those numbers also are not outlandish but I will take them.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Well my thought is this. Since joining Dallas, Owens has faced the Redskins 3 times. In those 3 games his combined numbers are 18 receptions, 268 yards and 5 TD's.

Those numbers are not outlandish, but I'll take'em
He's definitely a guy we need to stop to beat dallas. I won't argue against his ability & his performance on the field when he's not crying & whining at his coaches or teamates. TO is still at the top of his game & I'll give credit to JJ et al for keeping him in check.

He is still to me very easy to hate & hard to feel sorry for, especially when crying before a camera. And everyone has a weakness, his is going across the middle knowing he's going to get popped mercilessly. Landry will likely make some mistakes by being overly agressive, but he'll also pop TO enough to make him remember it.
I'll have my popcorn ready for that!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,092
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I seem to remember Owens "dropping" 8 receptions for 173 yards and 4 TD's in the one game against Washington last November.
And I seem to recall that he was beating Pierson Prioleau playing deep at FS that day. With Landry now at FS, he brings Taylor's physical brand of play back there. I look for TO to have drops facing Landry as he did nearly every game that he faced the prospect of getting layed out by #21.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,699
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzzz View Post
If taylor was that good, why did the skins have the record that they had before he got hurt? I guess he would have played qb and not have thrown an int if he would have played against dallas.
The Redskins had a winning record at 5-4 heading into that game, what's your point?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,668
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

I can see you're going to last a long time here. Any reason you posted the same ignorant comment twice?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzzz View Post
If taylor was that good, why did the skins have the record that they had before he got hurt? I guess he would have played qb and not have thrown an int if he would have played against dallas.
Since when is or 5-4 a losing record? JC Might not have needed to throw that pass that got intercecpted at the end of the game if Talor was healthy. TO would have never put up 4 TD's with Taylor there.

You know what nevermind, we got something for TO this year. Just remember we won the last time our teams met.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,699
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

It's not an excuse. Missing our top defender that day was undoubtedly a factor in TO's big day. Going back to their matchups when TO was in Philly Taylor always stepped up and helped to shut him down.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzzz View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have alot of respect for what ST accomplished in his short time, but I hear too many people use his absence as an excuse for a wr having a big day against the skins. Receivers get paid to perform too. What those people who make excuses need to do is complain about that weak pass rush the skins put up. As for me posting twice, that was a mistake.
Any secondary that loses a Pro Bowl FS will see a drop-off in performance. Hence a big day by an opposing offense or WR.

I'll go out on a limb here, based on your comments and name I'll assume you're a Dallas fan. Are you from Dallas or anywhere in TX? Correct me if I'm wrong.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #30
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Cowboys Extend Terrell Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Since when is or 5-4 a losing record? JC Might not have needed to throw that pass that got intercecpted at the end of the game if Talor was healthy. TO would have never put up 4 TD's with Taylor there.

You know what nevermind, we got something for TO this year. Just remember we won the last time our teams met.
These teams have split the season series the last couple of years in a row, so I do not think any of us have much to brag about.

We could trade excuses all day long...no Taylor...Dallas clinched and did not come to play...blah blah blah. Six in one hand, half dozen in the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
TO would have never put up 4 TD's with Taylor there.
I would be careful with that statement though. Posting that is just like saying "we do not have quality depth".
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31028 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25