Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I got a friggin idea, count your blessings for being more financially fortunate than 99.5% of the planet, get a stinking job for a while, or better yet, go to a public university in Texas. There are plenty of them. It's not you're being denied a college education because you can't afford $23K a year in tuition. This is a joke.
Let's be fair to the heiress - tuition, room, and board are $41k/year. My math is just so-so, but I'm pretty sure $41k<$50k. Even if taxes reduce the $50k, get a loan.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

BTW, the daughter of the former patriarch of the Skins goes to school in Dallas? She obviously has horrible judgment.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Let's be fair to the heiress - tuition, room, and board are $41k/year. My math is just so-so, but I'm pretty sure $41k<$50k. Even if taxes reduce the $50k, get a loan.
The article says she can't get a loan because of the $5M trust. Which is why I suggested a public university.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
The article says she can't get a loan because of the $5M trust. Which is why I suggested a public university.
I'm pretty sure the attorney in the article is wrong. It would disqualify you for need-based aid, but not a private student loan - in fact, I would think banks would LOVE a customer like her.

Also, I was definitely agreeing with you - she can afford this.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I'm pretty sure the attorney in the article is wrong. It would disqualify you for need-based aid, but not a private student loan - in fact, I would think banks would LOVE a customer like her.
You're absolutely right about a private student loan. Regardless, her mother was quoted as saying "her father never intended for her to want for an education." Want for an education??? Please. University of Texas at Austin has tuition, room, and board for just a hair over $16K annually.
USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2008: University of Texas–Austin: At a glance


I just feel so bad for her. I mean, imagine the emotional suffering that comes with facing the possibility of getting a part time job??
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You're absolutely right about a private student loan. Regardless, her mother was quoted as saying "her father never intended for her to want for an education." Want for an education??? Please. University of Texas at Austin has tuition, room, and board for just a hair over $16K annually.
USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2008: University of Texas–Austin: At a glance


I just feel so bad for her. I mean, imagine the emotional suffering that comes with facing the possibility of getting a part time job??
lol - that's right, the $25k/year as a 16 year old was "walking around money". laughable.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #22
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
lol - that's right, the $25k/year as a 16 year old was "walking around money". laughable.
She was also pulled over in a BMW 325i. BMW of Columbia has a used 2006 model for $27,990. Oh, and then there is the fact that, from what I can gather from that article, her mother was a serious gold digger who went after a super rich man who was 43 years older than her, stayed with him long enough to get pregnant, and managed to get a $5M trust for her daughter out of the deal. Classy folks.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #23
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,341
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

If I were her I wouldn't even go to college. I'd invest the money in real estate and work a BS job. But that's just me.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #24
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If I were her I wouldn't even go to college. I'd invest the money in real estate and work a BS job. But that's just me.
I don't know the girl, but from the sounds of it (whining about a huge inheritance while driving your BMW under the influence at age 19) she's got a pretty big sense of entitlement. I sincerely hope she actually wants an education, but I'd be surprised if getting a college degree means a whole lot to her. Probably just something for her to do until she turns 21 and her annual payments go up to $100K.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #25
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,341
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
She was also pulled over in a BMW 325i. BMW of Columbia has a used 2006 model for $27,990. Oh, and then there is the fact that, from what I can gather from that article, her mother was a serious gold digger who went after a super rich man who was 43 years older than her, stayed with him long enough to get pregnant, and managed to get a $5M trust for her daughter out of the deal. Classy folks.
What if a super rich women wanted you to marry her and she was 43 years older than you? She was worth a billion dollars. You knew when she died you'd be set for life. Would you do it? Call me classless but I would. In this women's case he cut her out of the will and only left money to the kid.

JKC knew what he was doing. He just wanted to bang some younger tail. Look at Hugh Hefner? Or the guy that married Anna Nicole? If you were in your mid 70's or 80's, and you could still pull something 43 years younger you'd do it too. We all would. Hell, Hef is nailing hot ass 22 year olds. They sure as hell don't want him for anything else but the $ and the lifestyle. Who wants to have sex with a 75 year old women if you don't have to??
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What if a super rich women wanted you to marry her and she was 43 years older than you? She was worth a billion dollars. You knew when she died you'd be set for life. Would you do it? Call me classless but I would. In this women's case he cut her out of the will and only left money to the kid.

JKC knew what he was doing. He just wanted to bang some younger tail. Look at Hugh Hefner? Or the guy that married Anna Nicole? If you were in your mid 70's or 80's, and you could still pull something 43 years younger you'd do it too. We all would. Hell, Hef is nailing hot ass 22 year olds. They sure as hell don't want him for anything else but the $ and the lifestyle. Who wants to have sex with a 75 year old women if you don't have to??
Did you check out this line in the article?

"Suzanne Martin Cooke, who married Jack Kent Cooke in 1987, when he was 74 and she was 31. The two separated within weeks, and she later said she reneged on a promise to have an abortion. She received nothing in Mr. Cooke's will."
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You're absolutely right about a private student loan. Regardless, her mother was quoted as saying "her father never intended for her to want for an education." Want for an education??? Please. University of Texas at Austin has tuition, room, and board for just a hair over $16K annually.
USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2008: University of Texas–Austin: At a glance


I just feel so bad for her. I mean, imagine the emotional suffering that comes with facing the possibility of getting a part time job??
Thats in state tuition out of state is 24,500 plus 8,500 room and board so its close to 33,000. I don't feel sorry for her just correcting the amount for anyone who may.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #28
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
JKC was a mean old bastard. If I had that kind of money I'd leave everything to my family memebers. Not to some trust which happens to be a bunch of people who worked for him. It makes no sense. He only left his own son 25 mil or so out of a billion?? That's crazy.
He did not want to just leave everything to his son and thought they needed to work for their money. What he did get to us a a bunch of money but compared to his estate was very small. I have a friend who has become very wealthy and is worth about 14mil or more. He still did not let his son fly in 1st class when going with him on business trips becasue he felt that he needed to earn it. I thought that was a little over board but his son has grown up and is doing very well on his own. Some times tough love is the best love a parent can give. It does not seen to have work for JKC daughter.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #29
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thats in state tuition out of state is 24,500 plus 8,500 room and board so its close to 33,000. I don't feel sorry for her just correcting the amount for anyone who may.
Well, I'm assuming she's a resident of the state of Texas, which is why I posted those numbers. Regardless, my point was she can attend a good public university in whatever state she resides and pay much less than the $23K in tuition at SMU.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I'm pretty sure the attorney in the article is wrong. It would disqualify you for need-based aid, but not a private student loan - in fact, I would think banks would LOVE a customer like her.

Also, I was definitely agreeing with you - she can afford this.

Nope , I agree you would think other wise but after doing all the paper work for my daughter and college for the last 4 years that if that child has any money at all loans are almost impossible to get!
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30629 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25