Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #31
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, I'm assuming she's a resident of the state of Texas, which is why I posted those numbers. Regardless, my point was she can attend a good public university in whatever state she resides and pay much less than the $23K in tuition at SMU.

Ok,but here is the question ...why should she have to?She is the child of a very wealthy man and he ...the estate or family can pay why should the state money go to her instead of someone that really needs it?She is getting screwed buy her family....her mom is a BITCH but don't take it out on the kid......her dad was a SOB also, had he done his homework the Danny would'nt have the Skins now and things would be better....IMHO.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
WildHog21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Aztec,NM
Posts: 12
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

WOW....It sounds like JKC knew what he was doing with his dough. I agree with some of you peeps. It's his money so he did whatever he thought was right. As for his daughter she will get off easy.
WildHog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHog21 View Post
WOW....It sounds like JKC knew what he was doing with his dough. I agree with some of you peeps. It's his money so he did whatever he thought was right. As for his daughter she will get off easy.


How?I mean just read this thread she is a girl in college who screwed up,if anyone here went to college we all pretty much did the same thing ...she got caught.Let me ask this ,how many of you out there when you make a mistake or screw up is it put in the paper the next day.....a National paper and what was her big crime,her dad was a horney old man who fought with his wife (actualy all his wives) and your step brother who is 50 years older than you is mad at you becuase his old man screwed him out of one the Major NFL teams,yeah she's a brat all right....maybe she has reason?
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #34
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Folks, I would like to start a fund to help this poor girl get back on her feat. Who's in? I'd like to raise at least 20K to help her partly cover her school expenses and lawyer.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #35
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How?I mean just read this thread she is a girl in college who screwed up,if anyone here went to college we all pretty much did the same thing ...she got caught.Let me ask this ,how many of you out there when you make a mistake or screw up is it put in the paper the next day.....a National paper and what was her big crime,her dad was a horney old man who fought with his wife (actualy all his wives) and your step brother who is 50 years older than you is mad at you becuase his old man screwed him out of one the Major NFL teams,yeah she's a brat all right....maybe she has reason?
Do you really know anything about Jack Kent Cooke? Did you even read the article or the posts on this thread? Sure, she got a DUI. But the issue is how she is whining and fighting and suing her father's estate for more money. She's been getting 50K/yr her whole life so far, it goes up to 100K yr as soon as she hits 21, and once she's 35 she'll get in the neighborhood of 500-600K/yr for the rest of her life. And she's bitching about it, and clearly has a pompous, holier than thou attitude. JKC only left his eldest son $25M, which is a lot, but peanuts compared to his $1 billion+ fortune. He wasn't into showering family with absurd amounts of money. So what?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Do you really know anything about Jack Kent Cooke? Did you even read the article or the posts on this thread? Sure, she got a DUI. But the issue is how she is whining and fighting and suing her father's estate for more money. She's been getting 50K/yr her whole life so far

Seems I know more than you do ,She has not gotten 50 grand a year, that went to Mom and I admit it's not chump change and it did not start till after the court fight I think she was 10 .The estate of JKC has been nickel and dimeing this kid to death in a fight with her Mom.....monies that belong to the child.The Money might have been awarded but it has been appealed many times.Dn't like her mom fine I can see that but to pick on the kid becuase see will ...years down the road make more money then you is infantile.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #37
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Seems I know more than you do ,She has not gotten 50 grand a year, that went to Mom and I admit it's not chump change and it did not start till after the court fight I think she was 10 .The estate of JKC has been nickel and dimeing this kid to death in a fight with her Mom.....monies that belong to the child.The Money might have been awarded but it has been appealed many times.Dn't like her mom fine I can see that but to pick on the kid becuase see will ...years down the road make more money then you is infantile.
Wait, you think I'm "picking" on the kid because down the road she'll "make" more money than me?? That's a laughable, and, well, infantile assumption. First of all, inheriting money is much different than "making" it. Second, I'm giving her and her family a hard time for suing the estate for 9 figures when she's set to inherit millions anyway. I'm giving her family a hard time for suggesting that she's being denied a right to an education because the foundation is not showering them with more cash. And I'm also ragging on her for her lame drunken behavior while tooling around in her BMW underage and hammered at 5am. She's young so she'll get a pass character-wise from me for the DUI if it's an isolated incident, but that doesn't mean she's above being criticized for it.

The whole "poor us" attitude they're taking is so lame. If you read my earlier posts on this thread, you would have seen my big beef is with the greed and helpless position they're taking. Using words like "emotional suffering" because she's not getting more money right now (she's over 18 so she gets it, not her mom) from her trust is just weak. She'll be set financially no matter what, but it's not all being given to her at once. Boo hoo. How is JKC's foundation "nickel and diming" her? By sticking to the guidlines of the trust Mr. Cooke himself set up? The foundation is simply following the plan it's founder laid out for his daughter. But what does her family do? They try to sue for over $200M. What a joke.

So forgive me for not crying a river for this chick. To do so would be infantile.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Wait, you think I'm "picking" on the kid because down the road she'll "make" more money than me??

So forgive me for not crying a river for this chick. To do so would be infantile.

Thank you for proving me correct,and calling her a "chick" is infantile.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Pardon me while I shed NOT A SINGLE TEAR for this young woman or for anyone else in JKC's family.

There are folks in the US-of-A who have lots of real economic problems in their lives.

There are folks in Darfur who might be eating dirt boiled in water as a soup for dinner tonight.

Those kinds of folks deserve sympathy; this twit does not!
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #40
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Thank you for proving me correct,and calling her a "chick" is infantile.
Huh? Proving you correct? What are you talking about? You haven't the slightest idea who I am or what my values and personality is, yet you assume my only reason for having an opinion on this is because I'm bitter or jealous about her inheritance? That's laughable. Get a clue LittleOne.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #41
Camp Scrub
 
SKINStoWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Age: 46
Posts: 35
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

I'm not rich I make $53k a year, but my daughter is the same age, in a private university $34k and it is called getting loans.......not like she won't be able to play them back.
__________________
I'm a MAN, I'm a SKINS fan.
SKINStoWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #42
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
$50k a year and she "can't pay for school"??

Please. Does anymore really need to be said?
It despends on where she goes. My tuition now is only about 10k, but at Tulane, $50k a year doesn't cover tuition, housing, meal plan and books for a year, so she may not be able to pay for school
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #43
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
It despends on where she goes. My tuition now is only about 10k, but at Tulane, $50k a year doesn't cover tuition, housing, meal plan and books for a year, so she may not be able to pay for school
This will be misconstrued...

I understand that she will be given a ton of money per year for the rest of her life, so she should just be taking out student loans. She would easily pay for school then and not have to worry about the repayment because of the amount she will be getting.

Another question, why is she so concerned about attending college. I'm taking out huge amounts in loans to afford school and such, if I had guaranteed "income," there's no way I'd deal with college. I'd get a weak, no skills required job and put it in cruise control for the rest of my life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #44
Special Teams
 
jgalecpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 457
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

[quote=skinsfan69;454619]it just seems like a small % to leave your oldest living son that was running your football team. you're worth 800 mil or a billion and you leave the person you're probably closest to 25 mil? i know john got 10% of the sale from the team. i know that's a shitload of cash. but why not leave the team to your own son and keep it in the family? i could never understand why jkc did that.quote]

I can tell you why he did that.

The US Estate Tax (Title 26 USC) taxes the Gross estate at about 55%.

55% of $800m is $440m.

The payment must be made in cash.

The problem is the gross estate consisted of (mostly) the Washington Redskins, a non-cash asset.

There simply was no cash to pay that kind of tax.

The estate tax does NOT apply to amounts left to a charity, hence the JKC Foundation was born.

It is a standard estate planning device.

Ask Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Etc.

J-Dawg.
__________________
Theismann: You're wrong, the rule is wrong, the refs are wrong, and I'm right
jgalecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #45
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: Jacqueline Kent Cooke: Heiress Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
JKC was a mean old bastard. If I had that kind of money I'd leave everything to my family memebers. Not to some trust which happens to be a bunch of people who worked for him. It makes no sense. He only left his own son 25 mil or so out of a billion?? That's crazy.
and don't forget the fact he also did'nt leave his son the redskins!
he also had to be in his 80s when he fathered this girl too.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30030 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25