Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Whither Favre?
He'll stay retired. 47 46.08%
He'll play for the Packers. 15 14.71%
He'll be released or traded and play elsewhere. 40 39.22%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #166
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
At this point I think GB just needs to cut him. There is no way GB is going to get a 1st rounder for him. Farve should just show up and force GB's hand. They should just let the guy go and live with it.
Well they can get some trade value for him and they can also make sure he does not end up on a team they have to play twice a year. Its kind of funny they are turning him away but they then turn and are saying they also don't want to have to play against him twice a year. I was on Bretts side until I heard he called them back in March about playing this year and when GB got their jet fired up to get him he called them back and said he changed his mind.
firstdown is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #167
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think where Ted Thompson is really making a huge mistake is he didn't go out and get a veteran to back up Rogers. Bad bad mistake. He's got 3 qb's who have never started a game. What happens if Rogers goes down in week 4 and he's out 6 weeks. Then what?
Call Brett at his home.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #168
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Favre just needs to go away. He's already become a distraction for the team. The man talked to Roger Goodell about this mess, for crying out loud.

This trade, cut or release won't happen for a number of reasons.

- No one's going to give the Pack a first rounder for Farve. Everyone in the NFL knows it, the Packers know it, Brett Favre knows it, Warpath knows it - everyone.

- He's not going to play second fiddle to the Rogers. Period. Besides, who's going to pay $12 mil for a back-up.

-Can't cut or release him for fear of him going to a divisional foe.
12thMan is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #169
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,835
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Favre just needs to go away. He's already become a distraction for the team. The man talked to Roger Goodell about this mess, for crying out loud.

This trade, cut or release won't happen for a number of reasons.

- No one's going to give the Pack a first rounder for Farve. Everyone in the NFL knows it, the Packers know it, Brett Favre knows it, Warpath knows it - everyone.

- He's not going to play second fiddle to the Rogers. Period. Besides, who's going to pay $12 mil for a back-up.

-Can't cut or release him for fear of him going to a divisional foe.
So what do you do if/when he shows up for camp?? They have to do something. If you're not going to play him, you've gotta move him. The Packers are firm in going with Rodgers, but now you've gotta do the right thing and let Favre move on too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #170
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So what do you do if/when he shows up for camp?? They have to do something. If you're not going to play him, you've gotta move him. The Packers are firm in going with Rodgers, but now you've gotta do the right thing and let Favre move on too.
That's the thing, the Packers are calling Favre's bluff. They're saying, hey, Aaron's our guy. If he shows up for camp, the qustion is can Favre stand the media scrutiny of being divisive and playing second fiddle to an inferior OB. I doubt it. I think the Packers are betting that he can't.
12thMan is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #171
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,835
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
That's the thing, the Packers are calling Favre's bluff. They're saying, hey, Aaron's our guy. If he shows up for camp, the qustion is can Favre stand the media scrutiny of being divisive and playing second fiddle to an inferior OB. I doubt it. I think the Packers are betting that he can't.
It's not just Favre that would have to put up with the media scrutiny though. How is Aaron Rodgers going to handle answering Brett Favre questions all day? Or Mike McCarthy? Or basically anyone from the Packers organization? It's going to be a media circus for the entire team and the longer it drags out the worse off the Packers are going to look.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #172
Special Teams
 
sancho2613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 199
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

I like this article
ESPN - Packers say one thing, do another as Favre mess lingers - Columnist
__________________
It doesn't take talent to win...just blood, sweat, heart, tears, time, and a good coach.
sancho2613 is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #173
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,511
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well they can get some trade value for him and they can also make sure he does not end up on a team they have to play twice a year. Its kind of funny they are turning him away but they then turn and are saying they also don't want to have to play against him twice a year. I was on Bretts side until I heard he called them back in March about playing this year and when GB got their jet fired up to get him he called them back and said he changed his mind.
Ted Thompson is scared. If he believed in Rogers then he'd just let Farve go and deal with him playing for Minn. He's scared it's going to back fire on him.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #174
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,511
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Favre just needs to go away. He's already become a distraction for the team. The man talked to Roger Goodell about this mess, for crying out loud.

This trade, cut or release won't happen for a number of reasons.

- No one's going to give the Pack a first rounder for Farve. Everyone in the NFL knows it, the Packers know it, Brett Favre knows it, Warpath knows it - everyone.

- He's not going to play second fiddle to the Rogers. Period. Besides, who's going to pay $12 mil for a back-up.

-Can't cut or release him for fear of him going to a divisional foe.
So what if he goes to a Minn?? Instead of being scared, how about looking at it the other way? Perhpas he'll throw some some picks like we all know Farve will. Thompson is just scared. Let him go, live with your decision and have some confidence in your defense. After all these are guys he drafted. Right? Farve is in the wrong but so is Thompson.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #175
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
That's the thing, the Packers are calling Favre's bluff. They're saying, hey, Aaron's our guy. If he shows up for camp, the qustion is can Favre stand the media scrutiny of being divisive and playing second fiddle to an inferior OB. I doubt it. I think the Packers are betting that he can't.
Well what if he shows up are they going to just let him stand around and watch or let him on the field as they would any second stringer? What happens when Brett is hitting WR's and Arron is over throwing his WR's. I just don't see how thye Packers can allow Brett to show up and put on a GB uniform. Maybe its the coaching staff saying that Arron is the guy only latter to come out and say how they cannot hide the fact that Brett has been the better QB so they are going with him. They would then save face as they would not have much of a choice then to go with the best QB.
firstdown is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #176
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,122
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ted Thompson is scared. If he believed in Rogers then he'd just let Farve go and deal with him playing for Minn. He's scared it's going to back fire on him.

LOL.............not even close,why release him for free?Get something for him ,I'm glad they called his bluff....hell let him show up and sit.No team wants a trade in their own divison.........just ask Gibbs about O.J Anderson?
Giantone is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #177
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Bottom line, if Favre shows up it get's real messy. As long as he stays away, at least the Pack can manage the PR a little better. He's already been a headache and he hasn't even laced up his cleats!
12thMan is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #178
Special Teams
 
Warren85Ellard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reston,VA
Posts: 330
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL.............not even close,why release him for free?Get something for him ,I'm glad they called his bluff....hell let him show up and sit.No team wants a trade in their own divison.........just ask Gibbs about O.J Anderson?
Ottis Anderson went to the Giants from St. Louis. Were the Skins interested or something? They had George Rogers......I'm just wondering what you meant.
Warren85Ellard is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #179
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,511
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL.............not even close,why release him for free?Get something for him ,I'm glad they called his bluff....hell let him show up and sit.No team wants a trade in their own divison.........just ask Gibbs about O.J Anderson?
I understand about trading within the division. But who's going to give up any value for Farve at this point? Do you honestly think Farve can push Minn. over the top? He's had no work with the wr's, no work with the offense, I'm sure there is some learning curve...plus Minn has no wr's to begin with. I just don't see Farve repeating his performace of last year in a Minn. uniform. And I don't think he'd even go to Chi. cause their offense is going to be awful.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #180
Special Teams
 
riggins44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 148
Re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

This has turned in a nightmare for the Packer fans. Talked with a lady that works for me, which she was raised just outside Green Bay. She said everyone back home is tired of this and wants Favre to just shut up. Sounds like he doesn't have all the fan support we may be led to think.
riggins44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.50503 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25