Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge

I smell a suspension coming. This guy was a first rounder only a couple of years ago. IMO he never lived up to his draft status. I think he was a college QB converted to WR but still.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,467
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

That's a shame. Such talent wasted with poor attitude, and now with booger sugar...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER. - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

That could be the end of the line for him in JAX. This doesn't seem like something Del Rio is just going to blow off, Jones is definitely facing suspension and for a guy who has never had more than 41 catches, 643 yards and (in another season) 5 TD's.

Pretty mediocre and from what I've been reading, there's a lot up in the air for those Jacksonville receivers that haven't lived up to their draft status.

I won't be shocked if he's cut over this
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Thought this was interesting. Any one up for making an appointment to visit him in the clink?
Individual Detainee Information
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude

Last edited by ArtMonkDrillz; 07-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,500
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

I just can't believe how stupid some of these guys are. Why would you be sitting in a car cutting up coke at 12:40am?? He can't be that stupid can he??

Jones was a terrible pick. How do you make a converted college QB your 1st round draft pick?? Someone should get fired for that. He is the classic example that the combine is 90% garbage.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,636
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

I remember wanting to get him that year he came out. Good thing he didn't "fall" to us. He went way to early for his talent anyways.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,888
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Wow, what a waste. And Skinsfan69, I know of at least one former college quarterback who plays wide receiver in the NFL, and he isn't half bad. Here's a hint, he plays for the Redskins.

As for Matt Jones, this is probably gonna be the last we hear about him again in a football uniform again. He was on the verge of becoming a bust, but now that he's gonna be known as a cokehead it will solidify his status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie
Booger suger
Nice one BD, I haven't heard that one before.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,500
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Wow, what a waste. And Skinsfan69, I know of at least one former college quarterback who plays wide receiver in the NFL, and he isn't half bad. Here's a hint, he plays for the Redskins.

As for Matt Jones, this is probably gonna be the last we hear about him again in a football uniform again. He was on the verge of becoming a bust, but now that he's gonna be known as a cokehead it will solidify his status.



Nice one BD, I haven't heard that one before.
ARE wasn't a first round draft pick and he also has value on special teams. No way do you take Jones as a number one pick. But the Jags don't even need him anymore. He's done.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,063
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Bad form Matt.
Next thing you'll be runnin' with the fella's with a sack o' cash making rain in strip joints and cappin' your driver............allegedly
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Its all the political correct idiots in America, thats all it is. Its got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Damn, isn't anyone going to suggest we should give him a look once he's released?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,920
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just can't believe how stupid some of these guys are. Why would you be sitting in a car cutting up coke at 12:40am?? He can't be that stupid can he??

Jones was a terrible pick. How do you make a converted college QB your 1st round draft pick?? Someone should get fired for that. He is the classic example that the combine is 90% garbage.
Is the time relevant to when he got caught? Would 12:17pm been a less stupid time? ;-)

Seriously, he was a wasted pick. I remember before and after the draft Sean Salisbury-consider the source, I know.. 'This kid is going to be a star in the league. He's got the speed, the size and amazing hands and will be a pro-bowler for years to come!' Talk about a kid who had EVERYONE fooled!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Seriously, he was a wasted pick. I remember before and after the draft Sean Salisbury-consider the source, I know.. 'This kid is going to be a star in the league. He's got the speed, the size and amazing hands and will be a pro-bowler for years to come!' Talk about a kid who had EVERYONE fooled!
It's not like he doesn't have the tools and coming off of his second season people were thinking that maybe he was putting it together. Last year, however, didn't do much to reinforce that. He didn't build on his second season like he needed and then they go out and sign 2 new guys who play the same position? I think he'll be cut pretty soon...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
Special Teams
 
SBprimetime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: State College, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 137
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Is the time relevant to when he got caught? Would 12:17pm been a less stupid time? ;-)

Seriously, he was a wasted pick. I remember before and after the draft Sean Salisbury-consider the source, I know.. 'This kid is going to be a star in the league. He's got the speed, the size and amazing hands and will be a pro-bowler for years to come!' Talk about a kid who had EVERYONE fooled!
I wish out of the dozens of sportstalk shows there are, that there was one that pointed out how awfully wrong these "experts" are on 90% of their predictions and analysis.
__________________
RIP Sean Taylor
SBprimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 42
Posts: 960
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

I'm shocked, we get a Pac Man, I mean Adam Jones reference, but no Michael Irvin jokes?
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #15
King of the Cage
 
Jamaican'Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Age: 27
Posts: 2,345
Re: Matt Jones (Jags) arrested for Coke possesion.

I guess during the offseason everybody has the oportunity to get into trouble. Not sure many other teams will give him a look
__________________
Back like a spinal tap
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26407 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25