Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?
Yes 29 16.67%
No 145 83.33%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #76
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot27 View Post
But looked better than Jason Campbell didn't he.
You're making a comparison based on one game?

No offense, but while I don't agree with the notion of bringing Favre here, I've heard some mildly convincing arguments. Your argument of Favre will make JC a better QB because look what he did with Rodgers is really, really....um, odd.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #77
No new threads for you
 
smoot27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 51
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
About as well as Brett Favre would in year 1 in the Zorn system. Without much discernible difference.

QB rating somewhere in the 70s.
Its questionable for me. truly i want whats best for Jason to become great instead of another 1st round bust like Ramsey and Shuler.
smoot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #78
No new threads for you
 
smoot27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 51
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You're making a comparison based on one game?

No offense, but while I don't agree with the notion of bringing Favre here, I've heard some mildly convincing arguments. Your argument of Favre will make JC a better QB because look what he did with Rodgers is really, really....um, odd.
I respect what your saying but Rogers isn't the only QB who was behind Favre.

Brunell-Matt Hasselback was behind him as well and they became pro-bowlers. Well ok we got Brunell when he was dead injured .


Also JC never looked as good as Rogers as that game at all. I mean if we saw JC do that than i wouldn't bring in this Favre bull crap at all i mean i'm humiliated talking about it but it sure as hell is an try.

JC when guys are about to sack him would just scramble or take the sack but now Rogers threw it any ways, and thats similar to what Favre would do.
smoot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #79
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot27 View Post
I respect what your saying but Rogers isn't the only QB who was behind Favre.

Brunell-Matt Hasselback was behind him as well and they became pro-bowlers. Well ok we got Brunell when he was dead injured .


Also JC never looked as good as Rogers as that game at all. I mean if we saw JC do that than i wouldn't bring in this Favre bull crap at all i mean i'm humiliated talking about it but it sure as hell is an try.

JC when guys are about to sack him would just scramble or take the sack but now Rogers threw it any ways, and thats similar to what Favre would do.
Sure, there have been plenty of good QBs behind Favre, but that doesn't really mean anything.

By the way, in this stellar game that Rodgers had...he was sacked 3 times.

Plus, you didn't see Campbell's games against the Lions or Eagles last year?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #80
No new threads for you
 
smoot27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 51
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sure, there have been plenty of good QBs behind Favre, but that doesn't really mean anything.

By the way, in this stellar game that Rodgers had...he was sacked 3 times.

Plus, you didn't see Campbell's games against the Lions or Eagles last year?
I know but how many times JC got sack an game?. Plus i don't blaim Rogers when you have that guy Dware and Ellis to pressure the hell out of you. And not to mention Cowboys had the 3nd best sack stats in the NFL.

Plus i saw JC against the Lions and Eagles he did good how ever this is going to be an new scheme. He did good against the Lions cause the Lions sucked . He did good against the Eagles because Eagles didn't have an pass rush at all (intill the end when we did the Redskins classic*collapsed*).


I like JC too but i had an nightmare that he'll be gone in two years. I had the same dream when Chad could be coming and the dream when we won 13-14 against Dallas. Now that dream is back i think somethings not right here.


PS: He did great against the Lions no doubt, how ever the Dallas game was good too i think Rogers showed how more dangerous he could be.
smoot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #81
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot27 View Post
I know but how many times JC got sack an game?. Plus i don't blaim Rogers when you have that guy Dware and Ellis to pressure the hell out of you. And not to mention Cowboys had the 3nd best sack stats in the NFL.

Plus i saw JC against the Lions and Eagles he did good how ever this is going to be an new scheme. He did good against the Lions cause the Lions sucked . He did good against the Eagles because Eagles didn't have an pass rush at all (intill the end when we did the Redskins classic*collapsed*).


I like JC too but i had an nightmare that he'll be gone in two years. I had the same dream when Chad could be coming and the dream when we won 13-14 against Dallas. Now that dream is back i think somethings not right here.


PS: He did great against the Lions no doubt, how ever the Dallas game was good too i think Rogers showed how more dangerous he could be.
I admire your resilience, especially considering English is not your first language. I don't even know if it's your second language actually.

Still, wait you dreamt we'd beat Dallas 14-13 on MNF??

Ok anyway, you do know that Campbell played in the WCO in college right? Granted, I know it's not exactly the same but it's not an extreme difference from college to the pros.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #82
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,264
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

wow... this thread dived down the twathole pretty quick :/

oh well.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #83
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,407
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

I was going to start this thread but figured I'd be ridiculed for it{and get neg rep points,lol}I'm not sold on J.C. but i dont think Favre is the right fit for us,we've got to give Jason his chance.If this was 2 yrs ago,maybe even a yr ago I would say go for it.Favre is being accused of being selfish,which he kind of is,but I dont blame him one bit.I'm sure its hard when you reach his age and the things he's accomplished to try and decide what to do.I think he was feeling pressure from the Pack to retire and after thinking about he did,we do it all the time,so what.The Pack look to me like theyre ready to move on,they need to cut him loose or welcome him back with open arms and give him the starting job till he proves he cant cut it anymore.He had a great yr last yr,he's better than 90 percent of the qb's in the league,IMO
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #84
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot27 View Post
I know but how many times JC got sack an game?. Plus i don't blaim Rogers when you have that guy Dware and Ellis to pressure the hell out of you. And not to mention Cowboys had the 3nd best sack stats in the NFL.

Plus i saw JC against the Lions and Eagles he did good how ever this is going to be an new scheme. He did good against the Lions cause the Lions sucked . He did good against the Eagles because Eagles didn't have an pass rush at all (intill the end when we did the Redskins classic*collapsed*).


I like JC too but i had an nightmare that he'll be gone in two years. I had the same dream when Chad could be coming and the dream when we won 13-14 against Dallas. Now that dream is back i think somethings not right here.


PS: He did great against the Lions no doubt, how ever the Dallas game was good too i think Rogers showed how more dangerous he could be.
Come on, this guy is obviously a troll.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #85
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,293
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You're making a comparison based on one game?

No offense, but while I don't agree with the notion of bringing Favre here, I've heard some mildly convincing arguments. Your argument of Favre will make JC a better QB because look what he did with Rodgers is really, really....um, odd.
You have?? I'd like to hear them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #86
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You have?? I'd like to hear them.
Damn you and your need for evidence!!

I don't know, I kind of just threw that line in there
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #87
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,293
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Damn you and your need for evidence!!

I don't know, I kind of just threw that line in there
LOL!

By the way, I like the tag line right under your username. It's an important distinction to make!

Luckily your record of posting great stuff precedes you.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #88
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

I'm not going to even bother trying to address the last few pages of garbage. God bless those of you that tried to play along.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #89
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot27 View Post
Amen.

Thats the thing i'm trying to say also, Zorn likes JC but also likes Brennan 2 X's better. However Zorn does wan't to find JC to stay here and Favre make JC that ultamate weapon. If not JC than Favre and Zorn can work on Brennan for sure.

I don't want to sound like an peice of crap but JC is 26 now and Brannan could probably out play JC and Brannan is 24 years younger.

Back to my point have JC benched for one year and maybe actully have an pro-bowl year cause again Zorn said he is gonna run the ball"Alot" which means the passing is still not close to being great. While we get Favre it could speed things up and teach JC alot i mean alot say this would ruin JC progress but how? JC would be 27 while Romo was on bench for 2 years and ended up an pro-bowler.

I say Yes to Favre for one year, i mean to be honest our O sounds bad (besides Portis) every time an interview with Zorn he always saids" the D stop the skins all the time in the goal line and int alot of passes. I mean is our O gonna be good? or is the D just ruthless.
Man, your all over the place in this thread and I'm not sure where your getting all this information. The only thing I have heard Zorn say about the running game is that they would keep allot of our current plays and also keep the terms the same (I believe its a number system for the call on running scheme to be used which will not change). I also don't thank that he has commented on our performance last year like you stated on goal line play because that would be seen as attacking Gibbs as a coach. He might have said something like "we are working on some different looks on the goal line" but not pin pointing it out as you stat.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #90
Camp Scrub
 
dcsportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Re: Should the Redskins take a run at Favre?

I don't have much to add to this thread, but there's a bunch of great videos of the Redskins cheerleader tryouts on comcastsportsnet.com. They're a good break for those of you who are sick of the Favre talk. Check it out.

Go Skins!
dcsportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31082 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25