Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


QB...controversy...DC?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #31
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
It isn't that PFT is a reliable or unreliable source. They simply post any and all news that they gather from all of the media outlets from around the league. It is what it is: Pro...Football...Talk. If somebody affiliated with some football team says something football related they post it, plain and simple. It's all just water cooler....talk.

As to this rumor, if we do sign Favre, I'll tattoo "I heart PFT" on my right arm.
Disagree, totally.

What we do HERE in this forum is water cooler talk. And trust me, this site is a more reliable news source than PFT will ever be.

And what you said is the difference between a reliable source and an unreliable source. Professional writers will check, double check and triple check thier sources to ensure all credibility prior to running a story. Shoot even I will check multiple news sources on a story before referencing it in a post. Not PFT though.

If PFT is just a bunch of guys doing "water cooler" talk as you say with no sources or checking sources, than it is no better than a tabloid "making up" outlandish stories and publishing them.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 958
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Disagree, totally.

What we do HERE in this forum is water cooler talk. And trust me, this site is a more reliable news source than PFT will ever be.

And what you said is the difference between a reliable source and an unreliable source. Professional writers will check, double check and triple check thier sources to ensure all credibility prior to running a story. Shoot even I will check multiple news sources on a story before referencing it in a post. Not PFT though.

If PFT is just a bunch of guys doing "water cooler" talk as you say with no sources or checking sources, than it is no better than a tabloid "making up" outlandish stories and publishing them.
I can't take it anymore, this is like Buzz Bissinger ripping into Will Leitch all over again.

PFT is a blog. It's not a news source, its not even wikipedia, in fact the information that we're even talking about is in the section titled RUMOR MILL. He's not a reporter, he gives his opinion on stories that other people have written or heard about. The Favre to Redskins story started with Mike Francesa of WFAN, so to blame PFT is inaccurate, he's a blogger. So let's not attack PFT for not being a credible news source, to me it's like people being mad at McDonald's for selling cheeseburgers.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,707
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
I would only go after Farve if he was released. Other than I wouln't touch him. He's irratic and hes always been a high risk/ high reward player.

Yes but he'll only go where he will start right away,is that fair to Campbell?

Last edited by Giantone; 07-16-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #34
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Adam Shefter on NFL Total Access just ruled out the Skins as a possibility for Favre. He said they are committed to Jason Campbell as their starter.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

The issue here is not, or should not be, whether or not PFT is credible. Plenty of other people in the media floated similar rumors. The issue is that anybody who follows this team knows this was never going to happen. There are mountains of evidence pointing to the team's faith in and commitment to Campbell. Moreover, none of these rumors were based on anything more than a belief that Synder will always go after the big name player in an attempt to win now, future be damned: to the consternation of us fans who recognize that 1999 was a long time ago.

Anyway, to some of you guys who took these reports seriously I have advice. If anyone ever tries to sell you the Brooklyn bridge don't buy.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

not going to happen..as a matter of fact Green Bay trying to slap Minnesota a suit for tampering with Favre..If he goes anywhere its Minnesota or Carolina
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:51 AM   #37
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Their entire reason for Brett Favre coming to D.C. is one very simple little connection that anyone could make and then throw into the discussion as "credible evidence".

Brett Favre plays in the WCO. Jim Zorn runs the WCO. Therefore the Skins could be interested in Favre.

That's about the least credible evidence I've heard of. That's like saying "DeMarcus Ware is an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. The Patriots run a 3-4 scheme. That's my basis for starting a 'the Patriots being interested in trading for DeMarcus Ware' rumor." There is no credibility in that whatsoever.

At least now that Schefter has reported it less people will be inclined to believe the 'Skins are interested. He's not a very credible source himself but he does carry more weight than a rumor monger like PFT.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:05 AM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Their entire reason for Brett Favre coming to D.C. is one very simple little connection that anyone could make and then throw into the discussion as "credible evidence".

Brett Favre plays in the WCO. Jim Zorn runs the WCO. Therefore the Skins could be interested in Favre.

That's about the least credible evidence I've heard of. That's like saying "DeMarcus Ware is an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. The Patriots run a 3-4 scheme. That's my basis for starting a 'the Patriots being interested in trading for DeMarcus Ware' rumor." There is no credibility in that whatsoever.

At least now that Schefter has reported it less people will be inclined to believe the 'Skins are interested. He's not a very credible source himself but he does carry more weight than a rumor monger like PFT.
I would say that few sources out there are more credible than Schefter
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #39
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I would say that few sources out there are more credible than Schefter
Well the entire reason I said he wasn't that credible was because in the past, back when I actually used to watch NFLN just to hear what his inside sources were telling him, he wasn't always spot on with his information and his predictions didn't always come true. He hears a lot of the rumors out there but sometimes they were almost completely wrong. I do take most of his word for the most part, unless he says something that absolutely nobody else is saying, in which case I wait until I hear it from most of the other sources out there before I'll believe there's more truth than rumor behind it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #40
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: QB...controversy...DC?

Come on.....you guys wouldn't want the Redskins to get anymore publicity? I mean everytime I hear that Vince Lombardi was "also the coach of the Skins" I get goose bumps. So why not let Skins get all the publicity they can. It has to make the Cowgirls cring everytime they hear our name. LOL.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23731 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25