Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rocky and Rogers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Question Rocky and Rogers

are macintosh and carlos rogers gonna be ready for camp or are they gonna miss training camp?it's gonna be hard on the defense if they are'nt able to play.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Rogers won't be ready to go for training camp, and he's probably less than 50% for Week One. McIntosh might be a little tender still, but I'd bet we'll see him in the preseason.

And yeah, September is going to be really, really rough on the defense. No competent depth at corner (unless Tryon establishes himself in the preseason), next to no depth at LB, and of course that doesn't even account for any injuries we might sustain in camp.

Landry is going to have to be a beast back there to keep the big plays to a minimum and keep us around the division hunt through the first five (brutal) weeks.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: Rocky and Rogers

hopefully we can sign a few more veteran lbs before game 1 in the meadowlands!
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Rogers won't be ready to go for training camp, and he's probably less than 50% for Week One. McIntosh might be a little tender still, but I'd bet we'll see him in the preseason.

And yeah, September is going to be really, really rough on the defense. No competent depth at corner (unless Tryon establishes himself in the preseason), next to no depth at LB, and of course that doesn't even account for any injuries we might sustain in camp.

Landry is going to have to be a beast back there to keep the big plays to a minimum and keep us around the division hunt through the first five (brutal) weeks.
Damn dude, does the sun ever shine where you live?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Damn dude, does the sun ever shine where you live?
Not in the last three days, and since it's the midwest, that's actually pretty good for this time of year.

Seriously there are a ton of things to be optimistic about:

- Jason Campbell
- Anthony Montgomery
- Carlos' Rogers quiet breakout season last year
- A rebound year for Clinton Portis (rushing wise, he was an incredible weapon in the passing game last year)
- A rebound year for Marcus Washington
- Laron Landry's beastlyness
- Stephon Heyer and Chad Rinehart
- Chris Samuels' remarkable consistency
- The Tight End Situation
- Shawn Springs' end of career resurgence
- Fred Smoot's mouth
- Younger coaches with impressive development potential
- A watered down Wild Card race in the NFC
- A bunch of critical matchups at FedEx this year, as opposed to on the road last year


The depth in the back seven this year just isn't one of those things.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,968
Re: Rocky and Rogers

I read somewheres that Rogers might be put on the PUP list . if so then i would think he wouldnt be allowed back until like week 6 or 8 .. Look under heading THIRD CORNERBACK.

Training Camp Competitions to Watch
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Yeah, everyone is saying Rogers won't be ready by week 1. I think they're still not sure where he's going to be. I really think CB is an issue for this team. We have issues with our defense right now, especially at LB and CB.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #8
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: Rocky and Rogers

does takeo spikes still play for the iggles?if not,he'd be a great solution at lb.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,310
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Not in the last three days, and since it's the midwest, that's actually pretty good for this time of year.

Seriously there are a ton of things to be optimistic about:

- Jason Campbell
- Anthony Montgomery
- Carlos' Rogers quiet breakout season last year
- A rebound year for Clinton Portis (rushing wise, he was an incredible weapon in the passing game last year)
- A rebound year for Marcus Washington
- Laron Landry's beastlyness
- Stephon Heyer and Chad Rinehart
- Chris Samuels' remarkable consistency
- The Tight End Situation
- Shawn Springs' end of career resurgence
- Fred Smoot's mouth
- Younger coaches with impressive development potential
- A watered down Wild Card race in the NFC
- A bunch of critical matchups at FedEx this year, as opposed to on the road last year


The depth in the back seven this year just isn't one of those things.
Wow. Nice list seeing as how it brightened my day just that much more.

Nice points.
__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,310
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsfanatic View Post
does takeo spikes still play for the iggles?if not,he'd be a great solution at lb.
__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #11
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Here's my question to everyone: is it a given that K. Campbell will start at weak-side if Rocky is still ailing (assuming we don't sign a vet)? He led in special teams tackles last year (maybe 06 too, i'm not positive) and I know he's started a few games at weak side and played well.

But the thing I can't stop thinking about is that Campbell is basically the only proven vet at LB. Blades is a big question mark if something happens to Fletch and there's basically nobody behind Washington. I don't see why we let Godfrey get away. And now I can't understand why we didn't sign a vet linebacker earlier. Guess it's possible the FO wanted to see the rooks signed before spending some money in the market and we could still see a vet signed. Thoughts?

(I'm not as worried about CB even w/ Rogers probably gone for 6 or 8 games. Smooty is a damn good corner and tough as nails and it's time to see Torrence step up w/ his phenom speed. Torrence will prolly be 3rd corner and I think we'll still see a damn fine secondary because in the end I don't see how dirty 30 plays anything but FS.)
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 958
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Here's my question to everyone: is it a given that K. Campbell will start at weak-side if Rocky is still ailing (assuming we don't sign a vet)? He led in special teams tackles last year (maybe 06 too, i'm not positive) and I know he's started a few games at weak side and played well.

But the thing I can't stop thinking about is that Campbell is basically the only proven vet at LB. Blades is a big question mark if something happens to Fletch and there's basically nobody behind Washington. I don't see why we let Godfrey get away. And now I can't understand why we didn't sign a vet linebacker earlier. Guess it's possible the FO wanted to see the rooks signed before spending some money in the market and we could still see a vet signed. Thoughts?

(I'm not as worried about CB even w/ Rogers probably gone for 6 or 8 games. Smooty is a damn good corner and tough as nails and it's time to see Torrence step up w/ his phenom speed. Torrence will prolly be 3rd corner and I think we'll still see a damn fine secondary because in the end I don't see how dirty 30 plays anything but FS.)
I guess the coaching staff likes the LBs we have on the roster enough to not make it a point of emphasis to go out and bring in anybody, but its still very early and we'll have to see how the waiver wire shakes out. That said, I like the idea of K. Campbell moving from special teams to starting linebacker. I seem to recall another LB having pretty much the same path, and it led him to being a pretty good MLB for us and then the Giants, one Antonio Pierce. Maybe K.C. can develop in the same manner...
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #13
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: Rocky and Rogers

the redskins need to kick themselves in the ass frequently for letting pierce leave!!!!
stupid,stupid,stupid don't come close.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Rocky and Rogers

The Redskins didn't let Pierce leave, redskinsfanatic. Pierce wanted to leave. Pierce has badmouthed the Redskins organization many times. Some people just want to leave a town, and Pierce was one of those people. Also, Fletcher is far better than Pierce ever was or ever will be. Unfortunately, I don't expect his career to last much longer.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Re: Rocky and Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
The Redskins didn't let Pierce leave, redskinsfanatic. Pierce wanted to leave. Pierce has badmouthed the Redskins organization many times. Some people just want to leave a town, and Pierce was one of those people. Also, Fletcher is far better than Pierce ever was or ever will be. Unfortunately, I don't expect his career to last much longer.
Well, not according to Pierce.. He's claimed on many occasions that he gave the Redskins every chance to match any offer he got, even after he verbally agreed with the NYG he gave one more shot to the FO to match it but they declined. GW said that was his biggest mistake in DC, underestimating Pierce's worth.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28880 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25