Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #31
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
First no one is calling Kevin Boss "all Pro",he did what he was suppose to and thats something Shockey hasn't done.The Giants changed their offensr once Shockey went down(as he always does) and when you see Steve Smith and Toomer and Burrass and Tyree plus the nice group of young recievers that came in ......he was expendable,he didn't want to be a team mate it was always I,I,I with him.Also who know if he has healed yet from the broken leg.....sorry the Giants got the better end of the deal.
I didn't say that anyone called him an all pro. Many in New york have said he is a good enough replacement. People were talking about his run block skills and how they were better than shockey's. That may be true; you obviously know more about that than i do.

But to say you got the better end of the deal doesn't make sense. The fact is the only reason it is a good deal is because he is a disgruntled player. Looking at strictly talent, you can't say that it is a good deal for you. Like I said it was a deal you had to do because Shockey was having a hissy fit.

But the fact that everyone in new york is ok moving on without him just because he wasn't there for the playoffs is the reason he was upset. He is a member of the team. Not being allowed to be there with your team at the what should eb the pinnacle of your career is going to piss any hard worker off. He is a basketcase but a year ago you wouldn't think that he was only worth a second rounder. What changed was you won a super bowl and now everyone thinks they don't need him. Again that is why he is upset.

I'm just glad giant fans finally agree that he is a psyco. The rest of the NFC east and NFL has been saying that for years.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
The "emergence of Kevin Boss" was a handful of games where he made some nice plays. By no means is he on Shockey's level. Maybe he's a better fit w/Eli cause he doesn't demand the ball, & talk all the time, but he's certainly not the player Shockey is.

I think the G men had quite a run last year in which they got everybody to chip in. I can't see them playing at that level for a whole season. If Plax is slowed by injuries their recieving corps is really thin. Maybe they had to trade him, but they will miss Shockey's ability.
I agree. Boss is a nice player but he's not as good as Shockey. But perhaps they think he can be a good enough starter in their offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 PM   #33
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Did they really trade Shockey because they have Kevin Boss on the roster?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #34
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,360
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

They traded Shockey because he was a jerk-off who didnt do what he was told imo

Kevin Boss just ran his routes and blocked his man and did his job and thats what NY wanted.

Shockey will catch a lot of passes in NO though so, he'll get to run his mouth a little and be a fool.
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #35
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah, as long as he's not dancing who cares what he does on his own time, right?
Oh come on. Give me a break. Mr. Twinkle Toes was missing team workouts because he wanted to win some silly ass dancing contest and promote is Hollywood career. Not going to see Bush and all that other stuff is totally different and you know it is.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:38 AM   #36
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Really gonna miss Shockey whining. And the look on his face when he loses to the Redskins. Oh and that phat ink he sports.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:56 AM   #37
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,013
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
Really gonna miss Shockey whining. And the look on his face when he loses to the Redskins. Oh and that phat ink he sports.
Yeah, I'm gonna miss that look he gets on his face everytime he thinks a defender is interfering with him and in reality he's standing there crying about it while said defender has intercepted a pass and is running down the field.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Oh come on. Give me a break. Mr. Twinkle Toes was missing team workouts because he wanted to win some silly ass dancing contest and promote is Hollywood career. Not going to see Bush and all that other stuff is totally different and you know it is.
Yeah sure, whatever you say. You say it's fine for Shockey to miss team activities. You've even said it's even fine for Shawn Springs to skip team workouts, but for whatever reason you've decided to have a double standard for Jason Taylor. I don't know why, maybe you're upset you never made it as a Solid Gold dancer.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #39
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah sure, whatever you say. You say it's fine for Shockey to miss team activities. You've even said it's even fine for Shawn Springs to skip team workouts, but for whatever reason you've decided to have a double standard for Jason Taylor. I don't know why, maybe you're upset you never made it as a Solid Gold dancer.
lol!!!
(anyone see Lebron on Saturday Night Live last year when he did the solid gold dancer skit?)
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #40
Special Teams
 
J. Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: off the grid
Posts: 192
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Ok, back in the real world.. I'd love to hear Giants fans convince me now that they are better than 3rd or 4th in the division. They lost 2 players that were top 10 at their position (Strahan & Shockey), 2 LB and a starting safety. Their star WR is upset at his contract and hardly practices anyways. Add in a Super Bowl hangover and they've got 6-10 written all over them..
PREACH!!!
J. Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #41
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Wait wait wait wait wait.. So the Taylor trade is ass-awful because we gave up 2 draft picks (spread over 2 drafts) for a perennial pro bowler who is extremely durable and fits an immediate need BUT NO giving up a 2nd and a 5th in 2009 for an injury prone malcontent who was no better than the 3rd best TE in his division is 'very fair'?!?!? Just wow.

Ok, back in the real world.. I'd love to hear Giants fans convince me now that they are better than 3rd or 4th in the division. They lost 2 players that were top 10 at their position (Strahan & Shockey), 2 LB and a starting safety. Their star WR is upset at his contract and hardly practices anyways. Add in a Super Bowl hangover and they've got 6-10 written all over them..
Can't agree w/that more, in fact I've been waiting for someone to come out & say that the g-men are entering a world of pain. I give them mad props for maximizing every single aspect of their team in winning the super bowl, but I also think the Pats O coordinator played into their hands by calling so many deep drops for brady.

Even if they returned all their players a repeat of that performance is just highly unlikely. Maybe Shockey had to go, but he is as much a playmaker as Plax IMO. Their wr corps is ok, but the youngs guys are still unproven. Their CBs are decent but they can't expect Sam Madison to hold up & play well over 16 games. If they have a winning record this year Coughlin will deserve even more credit.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
lol nice

Sorry skinsfan69 but you're coming off like a big hypocrite here.

Shockey whined his way outta NY and was a problem child and you're fine with that.

Jason Taylor went on a TV show and that's a huge issue to you. I don't get it.
How????? I just said that the Shockey trade was good for both teams. I know Shockey is a headcase and whines like a baby. But at least I know he wants to play football and will be playing football for several more years. He's not talking about walking away. Are we sure about that with Taylor? No! There is a chance he plays one more year, otherwise he wouldn't have said it. And he can tell Vinny and Dan all he wants. We all know people change their minds. Just ask Joe Gibbs.

The Taylor trade may or may not be good for us. Sorry but when a guy says he only wants to play one more year, then goes on a dancing show and doesn't show up for workouts that would concern the hell out of me. And from the looks of it, it concerned a lot of the NFL people too. Look at all the teams that need a pass rusher? How come a deal couldn't get done until training camp starts? That's cause no one wanted to take the risk and we probably would not have done if Daniels didn't go down.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
How????? I just said that the Shockey trade was good for both teams. I know Shockey is a headcase and whines like a baby. But at least I know he wants to play football and will be playing football for several more years. He's not talking about walking away. Are we sure about that with Taylor? No! There is a chance he plays one more year, otherwise he wouldn't have said it. And he can tell Vinny and Dan all he wants. We all know people change their minds. Just ask Joe Gibbs.

The Taylor trade may or may not be good for us. Sorry but when a guy says he only wants to play one more year, then goes on a dancing show and doesn't show up for workouts that would concern the hell out of me. And from the looks of it, it concerned a lot of the NFL people too. Look at all the teams that need a pass rusher? How come a deal couldn't get done until training camp starts? That's cause no one wanted to take the risk and we probably would not have done if Daniels didn't go down.
So maybe Taylor changed his mind and has now decided he wants to play more than just one year
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #44
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah sure, whatever you say. You say it's fine for Shockey to miss team activities. You've even said it's even fine for Shawn Springs to skip team workouts, but for whatever reason you've decided to have a double standard for Jason Taylor. I don't know why, maybe you're upset you never made it as a Solid Gold dancer.
Sorry but I'm not giving up a high draft pick for a guy who skips workouts to go a dancing show and says he's only playing one more year. Why is that so hard for you to understand????? Cause from the looks of it a lot of the NFL GM's feel the same way I do. Otherwise someone would have already made a deal for him. Right?

Springs and Shockey are 100% commited to playing football. They haven't said they're only playing one more year. Right?? I guess that's my biggest issue. Not the dancing.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #45
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So maybe Taylor changed his mind and has now decided he wants to play more than just one year
What I'm saying is the risk isn't worth it. Sorry but I just don't think we're a SB contending team. Not yet. If we were then I'd be 100% behind this move.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30397 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25